Check your account email address ×

***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

11 hours ago, Capt.Storm said:

This seems like a good idea..for sure to do a lot of ribs at once on a gas grill.

http://ribalizer.com/ check the vid

This is all you need http://www.homedepot.com/p/Nexgrill-Cast-Iron-Smoker-Box-680-0002/206416025?cm_mmc=SEM|THD|google|&mid=s0Mo9GjDe|dc_mtid_890338a25189_pcrid_50057397341_pkw__pmt__product_206416025_slid_&gclid=CK3PzaySrc8CFRJZhgodI1kBIQ

9 hours ago, Momorider said:

Arnt most smokers electric :dunno: 

Some are electric. Most are going to be fired by charcoal or wood. 

Been waiting for it to stop raining to drop these on.  Not waiting anymore.  Got a late start but by 2100 hrs.....dinner #2 is on!  Lotsa pork to freeze for later and of course give some away to my begging friends.  :lol:  BUT NO SAUCE!  GO MAKE YOUR OWN!  Ok....just a little sauce then.  :bc:

Smoker 9-27.jpg

• Like 3

boink " electric gas or charcoal we use anything that will burn for our bbq's bishes " #578

DSCF4466.JPG

I'm nearly on it w/ you #578.

I avoid toxics.

But whatever wood is lying around is fine.

The trick depicted in this graphic is called "beer-can chicken". I don't use a beer can, just a wire rack to hold the bird up.

The heat rises into the inverted cauldron, and cooks the bird, ~22 minutes per pound if you keep the flame within 3" - 4" of the grill.

It's DELICIOUS !

2 minutes ago, sear said:

DSCF4466.JPG

I avoid toxics.

The trick depicted in this graphic is called "beer-can chicken". I don't use a beer can, just a wire rack to hold the bird up.

The heat rises into the inverted cauldron, and cooks the bird, ~22 minutes per pound if you keep the flame within 3" - 4" of the grill.

It's DELICIOUS !

Leftist clown enviro Nazis like you are usually all geeked out about all that carbon going into the atmosphere you dupe faggot :nuts: 

8 minutes ago, sear said:

I avoid toxics.

It's DELICIOUS !

If you click on the 'quote' button below each post you can reply directly to the post. If you want to reply to several different posts you can click on the + button to the left of 'quote'

Capture.JPG

12 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

What kind if f wood do you guys use and do you use different kinds for each type of meat 

I have tons of different types, fun to experiment.

peach, guava, Apple, or pecan for poultry, fish, and pork. 

Post oak, red oak, bourbon barrell oak for different types of beef. All really distinct flavor.

Hickory is my favorite, use it for everything.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Doos said:

I have tons of different types, fun to experiment.

peach, guava, Apple, or pecan for poultry, fish, and pork. 

Post oak, red oak, bourbon barrell oak for different types of beef. All really distinct flavor.

Hickory is my favorite, use it for everything.

I use hickory a lot too. Cherry is also good.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dz246 said:

I use hickory a lot too. Cherry is also good.

I've used cherry a time or two, it's good. 

The butt I did yesterday I used peach and a couple chunks of hickory. Nice flavor