Check your account email address ×

***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

Just now, Dave said:

Oh yummy...where gonna have some chicken kabobs and some taters cooked on the bar b

I've never tried chicken kabobs, do you just use chunks on boneless chicken breasts?

Just now, ckf said:

I've never tried chicken kabobs, do you just use chunks on boneless chicken breasts?

Ya with peppers bacon pretty much whatever you want on the stick ...marinade chicken 1st.not sure what she has them in this time tho

Just now, Dave said:

Ya with peppers bacon pretty much whatever you want on the stick ...marinade chicken 1st.not sure what she has them in this time tho

We use peppers, summer squash, cherry tomatoes and potatoes on our beef kabobs :bc:

• 2 weeks later...

Grillzilla the sequel is just about finished, painted her up today need to put ice box and wood rack back on then DONE, roughly 20 leg 1/4's,

pork butt and possibly couple racks of ribs set for Sundays "Fat Fuzzy's Summer is swirling the toilet bowl Labor dat suaree" pics to follow

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

1 of the "partners" in the grille is a Yankees fan NOT me we just can't bring ourselves to out vote him LOL

You don't need to vote him out to rip the plate off :lol:

1 hour ago, 01mxz800 said:

after squeezing a few minutes here and there after long days at work the beast is back together and ready for tomorrow:bc:

going to do a final burn off to get rid of any residues this afternoon

DSCN0134.JPG

DSCN0135.JPG

DSCN0136.JPG

Nice! Do you cater or do competitions?

no me and a friend are REALLY into smoking and grilling shit this unit goes between the both of us when needed. we have used it to cater a few small gatherings and most we have fed off it is 52 people, we do use it for fund raisers for our club too but mostly for our own enjoyment someday we want to a competition a try. this is not the only contraption we have built...............wives think they might have to do an intervention

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

Beer...check

meat....check

cooking area set up....check

all set for 9am start up time..........24hrs to delishiness

DSCN0138.JPG

What's the little cooker in the front next to the propane bottle by the tongue of the trailer?

it is a turkey fryer burner with Surge milking bucket on it, some old guy suggested that I try a milker  for salt potatoes so I found 1 on craigs list and bought it, BEST salt potato cooker, liked it so much bought a second 1. cooks to perfection I will take a pic of it

4 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

it is a turkey fryer burner with Surge milking bucket on it, some old guy suggested that I try a milker  for salt potatoes so I found 1 on craigs list and bought it, BEST salt potato cooker, liked it so much bought a second 1. cooks to perfection I will take a pic of it

What are salt potatoes?

1 minute ago, 01mxz800 said:

boil them whole potatos at between 1-2" round size usually come with salt pack fill pot with water add salt pack and potatos and boil until soft, the drown the bitches with butter and enjoy

You get them from the grocery store packaged with the salt?