Check your account email address ×

***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

1 minute ago, dz246 said:

:news: 

I saw that too then it got "corrected".  :lol:

2 minutes ago, sear said:

I like apple and maple.

But I frequently use poplar because it's easier to regulate the fire with it.

I have used it too...I've got a lot of it.  And after the first few hours of a good wood smoke, It makes a lot less difference in the wood.

Still haven't figured out that quoting system yet I see.  :wall:

5 minutes ago, Doos said:

Yeah, this is the BBQ thread. The Martha Stewart thread is down below.

:bigfinger:

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I saw that too then it got "corrected".  :lol:

I have used it too...I've got a lot of it.  And after the first few hours of a good wood smoke, It makes a lot less difference in the wood.

Still haven't figured out that quoting system yet I see.  :wall:

:bigfinger:

3 minutes ago, dz246 said:

:lol:

:bc: 

:bc:

Just now, ckf said:

I tried to redeem myself last night after last weeks "ribs" incident. Smoked some chicken thighs on the kettle :bbq:

20161006-IMG_0897.jpg

Atta boy!  We all fall off the horse every now and then, just gotta get back up into that saddle as soon as possible.  Otherwise, well....how's Biggie do it?  Microwave? :lol:

Just now, Zambroski said:

Atta boy!  We all fall off the horse every now and then, just gotta get back up into that saddle as soon as possible.  Otherwise, well....how's Biggie do it?  Microwave? :lol:

:lmao:

Just now, Zambroski said:

I smoked four butts last week.  Pulled these two and gave one away with one in the freezer for a "rainy day".  YUMMY!!!

Pulled pork.jpg

Smoking makes a world (round) of difference for pulled pork :bc:

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

Smoking makes a world (round) of difference for pulled pork :bc:

Oh...Is there another way to cook it?  No.  :lol::bc:  Although, I'd like to hear Biggie's way.  I don't want any samples...just wanna hear how he does it.

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Oh...Is there another way to cook it?  No.  :lol::bc:  Although, I'd like to hear Biggie's way.  I don't want any samples...just wanna hear how he does it.

ckf probably uses a crock pot... :news: 

I havent been smoking anything lately ....but I have taken to making hotwings on the grill. I season and grill wings and then toss them in my special hotwing sauce and man are they as good as any I've had anywhere

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I havent been smoking anything lately ....but I have taken to making hotwings on the grill. I season and grill wings and then toss them in my special hotwing sauce and man are they as good as any I've had anywhere

Probably way better than machznot special sauce....

1 minute ago, dz246 said:

Probably way better than machznot special sauce....

my brother has actually been trying to mimic our favorite wing joints sauce lately and he was so close. I tasted it last time he made them and it hit me. It needed vinegar and then going further I figured out it was actually a pickle brine that was rounding out the flavor. Its so simple. Franks red hot , tabasco , butter , cayenne , black pepper and a little pickle brine. Roll some grilled wings around in that and bam .....fucking magic

11 hours ago, f7ben said:

my brother has actually been trying to mimic our favorite wing joints sauce lately and he was so close. I tasted it last time he made them and it hit me. It needed vinegar and then going further I figured out it was actually a pickle brine that was rounding out the flavor. Its so simple. Franks red hot , tabasco , butter , cayenne , black pepper and a little pickle brine. Roll some grilled wings around in that and bam .....fucking magic

:bc: I knew you were good for something 

In an attempt to earn back a little respect from my BBQ friends I'm going to smoke a rack of ribs this afternoon. The wife asked me to change it up by just using sat and pepper instead of a rub. 

• Like 1

Smoked a couple of chuckies for Pepper Stout Beef Friday night, slept through the temp alarm(too much bourbon) and woke up to the meat 207 degrees, should be 165. Said screw it and dumped them in the Dutch oven with the veggies and Guinness, back on the smoker for a few hours.  Wouldn't you know it, by far the best batch I've made...big hit at the tailgate party.

Maybe I've been doing it all wrong all these years.

• Like 1