Check your account email address ×

***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

22 minutes ago, ckf said:

I'm smoking a 9lb pork shoulder on the kettle today. I may have to push the temp a little higher than normal because I'm getting a late start. Damn thing was still frozen last night after defrosting in the fridge for the past 3 days.

Pulled two 8 pounders out of the freezer last night.  Not quite ready.  DAMN IT!  I hate trying to rush smoking.  Always turns out less than perfect.  Prolly just gonna wait on these. :cry:

10 minutes ago, Rw06GT said:

Couple pieces of last year's cow left so I have a smallish brisket(flat) on the smoker for today. I let my son choose and make the rub(first time) with zero input from me. Should be interesting, I think he went for mostly heat very little sweet.

Doing some kielbasa on the grill later, caramelized with a good amount of Peter Luger's steak sauce(yummy). Oh and some fresh Jersey sweet corn with compound butter and a tomato salad.

Skipping lunch today for sure. :lol:

I need to try doing a brisket before summer is over. Do you use the whole brisket?

Eh...just fired up the smoker....just gonna be a late dinner.  Even reasonable decent smoked meat is better than none at all.  Maybe I'll bring temps close to 300 for a while.

Edited by Zambroski
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Eh...just fired up the smoker....just gonna be a late dinner.  Even reasonable decent smoked meat is better than bone at all.  Maybe I'll bring temps close to 300 for a while.

I didn't get my pork shoulder on until 10AM. Shooting for dinner at 7.

18 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Bought these at the grocery store today for my son and I.

$20/lbs and just over a lbs a piece.  42 fucking dollars.

image.jpeg

Canadian get assfucked for quality beef just paid $46 for two rib steaks :nuts: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
22 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Canadian get assfucked for quality beef just paid $46 for two rib steaks :nuts: 

It's crazy the way prices have jumped.

Meat Church Honey Hog Hot is the winner, great rub. Paired with Rufus Teague Touch o Heat sauce is a winner. Just the right amount of heat.

Have some 3lb prime porterhouse for tomorrow. 7.99 a lb couldn't pass it up.

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, Doos said:

6 lbs of Porterhouse reverse sear with hickory. Hasselback Potatoes, and green beans. Killed it.

IMG_0684.JPG

IMG_0685.JPG

IMG_0686.JPG

Goddamn Keith....I think it just moved a little!

:bc:

They were too big for my cast iron, didn't get the sear I wanted but man they were outstanding. Thanks for the compliments. Plenty of leftovers for steak salad tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, Doos said:

:bc:

They were too big for my cast iron, didn't get the sear I wanted but man they were outstanding. Thanks for the compliments. Plenty of leftovers for steak salad tomorrow.

How may sawbucks for those?