Check your account email address ×

***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, Axys1 said:

Hey biggie these are choice rib eye steaks my friend. These are $6.00 off the mark or they should be selling them for at lest $11.99 per pound. :bc:

I will be up that way tomorrow.....it's a fairly new Aldis and I haven't been there so I will check it out. :bc:

Edited by Biggie Smails
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Axys1 said:

Hey biggie these are choice rib eye steaks my friend. These are $6.00 off the mark or they should be selling them for at lest $11.99 per pound. :bc:

Wife bought some..hell of a deal..aldis is 2 miles from our house.

• Like 2

Smoked my first meatloaf and hasselback potatoes tonight, holy shit. I'll never think of meatloaf the same again.

Did the potatoes on my new Kamado Joe Jr, gonna like this thing.

No pics, I was too hungry

Edited by Doos
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Doos said:

Smoked my first meatloaf and hasselback potatoes tonight, holy shit. I'll never think of meatloaf the same again.

Did the potatoes on my new Kamado Joe Jr, gonna like this thing.

No pics, I was too hungry

What's the difference between the kamando and your egg?

45 minutes ago, ckf said:

What's the difference between the kamando and your egg?

It's red rather than green. 

Other than that they're virtually identical, but it's a smaller unit so more portable. BGE has a similar model but they have not handled a warranty claim well at all, so I bought the competitor. 

Nice having two so I can cook different food at another temp. If I am doing a low and slow on the egg I can still cook sides and appetizers on another grill. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Doos said:

It's red rather than green. 

Other than that they're virtually identical, but it's a smaller unit so more portable. BGE has a similar model but they have not handled a warranty claim well at all, so I bought the competitor. 

Nice having two so I can cook different food at another temp. If I am doing a low and slow on the egg I can still cook sides and appetizers on another grill. 

Where do live? I sell BGE if you need any help pm me. 

6 hours ago, Axys1 said:

Where do live? I sell BGE if you need any help pm me. 

I'm in Michigan, and thank you for the offer.

It's been 7 weeks since I filed a claim on a cracked fire box and the dealer "has no information back from BGE". I did reach out to BGE directly and they assure me it will be handled, and the egg is working so I'm not desperate yet. 

Im sure they're just waiting on their next big delivery to include the part, but lesson learned the dealer gets no more of my business.

44 minutes ago, Doos said:

I'm in Michigan, and thank you for the offer.

It's been 7 weeks since I filed a claim on a cracked fire box and the dealer "has no information back from BGE". I did reach out to BGE directly and they assure me it will be handled, and the egg is working so I'm not desperate yet. 

Im sure they're just waiting on their next big delivery to include the part, but lesson learned the dealer gets no more of my business.

I will pass this along to their rep who goes snowmobiling with me. I bought my daughter a BGE her inner liner broke and I do agree with you there warranties seem to take to long. I will say we have had customer drop their BGE off the back of trucks and BGE did warranty those so I have seen mostly good from the Egg co. Do I own one..no I do not.    

Edited by Badger**
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Axys1 said:

I will pass this along to their rep who goes snowmobiling with me. I bought my daughter a BGE her inner liner broke and I do agree with you there warranties seem to take to long. I will say we have had customer drop their BGE off the back of trucks and BGE did warranty those so I have seen mostly good from the Egg co. Do I own one..no I do not.    

Yeah the big reason I went Egg was the warranty reputation, but understand the service is only as good as the dealer.  Still love it and Bruce, who manages service for BGE, said if it was unusable he would overnight a part to me. 

2 hours ago, ckf said:

Membrane removed and rub is on the rack of baby backs. They are in the fridge soaking in the rub.

20160714-IMG_0839.jpg

20160714-IMG_0841.jpg

Looks good. What's your rub?

22 minutes ago, ckf said:

Ribs are looking good after 3 hours on the kettle.

20160714-IMG_0844.jpg

I put some butter, honey, and brown sugar on them before wrapping them in foil.

20160714-IMG_0846.jpg

I keep misting mine with apple juice or cider vinegar to keep moist and no foil

Just now, 01mxz800 said:

I keep misting mine with apple juice or cider vinegar to keep moist and no foil

I prefer no foil, but the old lady likes them wrapped in foil.

depending of which cooking device I use{ have a vast collection of bbq'ing shit} I might put foil on grate but not wrap and depending on what I am using for heat, wood vs charcoal, my big portable unit only sees apple wood or some other fruit wood smaller grills is either charcoal or if in a hurry gas