Check your account email address ×

Home Security "what do you use"

6 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

I'm looking at a camera called "Blink". the cameras connect to a sync unit and are wi/fi /battery driven. Is anyone suing these is not what are you using? 

I'm thinking of getting an ARLO PRO set-up. Totally wireless, easy install ( yeah right ). 

I already have a burglar alarm, but I want cameras. 

I had pro estimates as high as $11,000.00 to do the whole place. One wanted about $5500.00. 

I believe that NO AMOUNT OF SECURITY IS TOO MUCH. 

•  Buy a pair of men's used work boots. size 14-16.
  •  Place them on your front porch, along with a copy of Guns & Ammo magazine and your NRA magazines.
  •  Put a few giant dog dishes next to the boots and magazine. 
  •   Leave a note on your door that reads:

Hey Bubba, Big Jim, Duke and Slim - 

"I'm gone for more shotgun and .45 ammo. Be back soon. 
Don't be messin' with the pit bulls -- they attacked that darn mailman again this mornin' and went and messed him up real bad. 
I don't think Mauler took part in it all but it was hard to tell from all the blood. I think it was Blade and Killer who done most of it. 
Anyways, all six of 'em is locked up in the house. 
Better wait outside 'till I git back"

20 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

I'm looking at a camera called "Blink". the cameras connect to a sync unit and are wi/fi /battery driven. Is anyone suing these is not what are you using? 

9 minutes ago, polaris550 said:

I'm thinking of getting an ARLO PRO set-up. Totally wireless, easy install ( yeah right ). 

I already have a burglar alarm, but I want cameras. 

I had pro estimates as high as $11,000.00 to do the whole place. One wanted about $5500.00. 

I believe that NO AMOUNT OF SECURITY IS TOO MUCH. 

Whether or not these wireless camera systems will work for you is highly dependent upon how far the cameras will be from the Sync Module/Base station. 

27 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Whether or not these wireless camera systems will work for you is highly dependent upon how far the cameras will be from the Sync Module/Base station. 

Yup. I ordered a motion alert set-up, that was advertised to work up to 1/4 mile away. So far it seems to be ok. They NEVER transmit as far as they say, only under extreme line-of-sight perfect conditions. Mine are only about two hundred feet from the receiver. So far, so good. 

I put a high-qualty baby monitor in my barn, and so far it is kicking in fairly good. About 170 feet, straight shot. 

I don't think those totally wireless camera units will be good for much more than maybe 100 feeet. I'll order a set-up with one or two cameras, then test the ranges. If they work, I'll order more  cameras. 

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

DSC_1129.JPG

A $49.00 dog-catch pole will put that dog out of commision. The cat, they'll punt that across the street. 

NRA magazines are loaded with stories of people that got in life or death shoot-outs....in their homes!!

Unless you're dressed, have a gun on you with a flashlight, your car keys, and your cell-phone.........................YOU ARE VULNERABLE, I DON'T CARE HOW TOUGH YOU ARE. 

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

My knifey-poo!  GNAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

knifey poo.jpg

Nice :bc: I just have a machete under the bed,baseball bat behind the door and an 11" double blood grove bowie knife in night stand. My 2 rifles and shotgun are always locked away 

1 hour ago, jtssrx said:

I have em. They work great. AA batteries last about 6 months. I have had them for a year through a winter. They didn’t have outdoor cameras at the time I bought so I placed them (4) outside under overhangs and the covered porch with no cold problems. I have had zero issues. Battery life depends on how sensitive you set them. Easy to set up.