***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

Craving an afternoon coffee after going to Colebrook and still not able to get an iced coffee because they are still building the new place :sad:

I guess a donut shop hot coffee will have to do....

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 hours ago, ckf said:

Craving an afternoon coffee after going to Colebrook and still not able to get an iced coffee because they are still building the new place :sad:

I guess a donut shop hot coffee will have to do....

What's going on with that? I had heard DD's in colebrook closed.

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

What's going on with that? I had heard DD's in colebrook closed.

They are building a new store. They had tried to extend their lease with Big Apple for a few months, but Big Apple said no. The last time I read about it they said it will open sometime this month.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, small-bore said:

All this talk of coffee in another thread has me hankering for another one. So I got up and made a second coffee. AHHHHH.

I'm usually a one cup a day guy, but I have found myself having a second cup late morning / early afternoon more often than not lately.

On 2/28/2021 at 7:24 PM, small-bore said:

I'm feeling pretty good tonight. I reconnected with a former co worker and friend I haven't seen for 31 year's this afternoon.

I belong to a high school group and alot from the area we grew up in are on the group. We live a couple hours north of the city and we have two neighbours that live on our street that grew up in our area. There is at least 20 high school friends living within 10-20 minutes from our place. I guess it's a small world and once this covid shit is over were having a little reunion

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

meet Murphy our new foster pup.  Wife has a childhood friend who needed someone to take in her dog for awhile.  Never had a small dog before but he's pretty cool so far

foster.jpg

Good on you and your wife...I see posts on FB all the time about older dogs that have been surrendered for whatever reason and are stuck in shelters and it breaks my heart....they have that look on their face wondering what  did I do wrong that I’m in this cage. 😔

17 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

High of 70 here today.  I HATE IT HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top 30 Hitting Tree GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

:bigfinger:

:lol:

We spent the day Sunday exploring the lake and swamp trails looking for wildlife and sheds. Not much luck other than a couple of swans while we were driving on the lake. Here's a video from my drone of the outlet on the north end of the lake. Usually the best place to see early returning waterfowl but not yet.

• Like 2

After that we drove back to the boat landing and I decided to have my wife drive while I tried to video. Turned out pretty good but it took a lot of editing out times that I tried something and lost visual on the Ranger.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Big Crappie said:

After that we drove back to the boat landing and I decided to have my wife drive while I tried to video. Turned out pretty good but it took a lot of editing out times that I tried something and lost visual on the Ranger.

Does your drone have a "follow me " option ?

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Check out the Litchi app. I think it works for the Mavic Mini. The follow me mode follows the remote.

I looked at that a couple weeks ago. Too many glitches reported imo but thanks.

23 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

I looked at that a couple weeks ago. Too many glitches reported imo but thanks.

It's a fairly popular app. They have been around as long as I have had a drone. It's not like the DJI Fly app isn't buggy, lol. The DJI Go app for my Phantom 4 is buggy too. 

6 minutes ago, ckf said:

It's a fairly popular app. They have been around as long as I have had a drone. It's not like the DJI Fly app isn't buggy, lol. The DJI Go app for my Phantom 4 is buggy too. 

So far the DJI Fly app for the mini has been solid but I'm sure they'll update it and mess it up sooner or later. I'll check it out again. I'd like to have a couple of the features it has.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

So far the DJI Fly app for the mini has been solid but I'm sure they'll update it and mess it up sooner or later. I'll check it out again. I'd like to have a couple of the features it has.

Mine shut down mid flight yesterday. I had to restart the app.

I got out yesterday and put the drone in the air. I wanted some short video clips for a project. I also snapped a few pics.

Newport, VT

20210308-DJI_0046-HDR-Pano.jpg

Lake Seymour, VT

20210308-DJI_0012-HDR-Pano.jpg

Lake Willoughby, VT from north end

20210308-DJI_0139-HDR-Pano.jpg

• Like 4