Check your account email address ×

***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

2 minutes ago, jammin said:

Morning.  I'm sick of cold and cloudy weather.  That's all. 

COVID CLOUDS!!!!!  :lmao:

Been nice here...just cold.  That’s kinda normal though.  Still into freezing temps at night.  Not quite time to put the Carhartts away yet.  I was down by the big lake yesterday.  Holy shit.  Wind made it damn nipply!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jammin said:

Morning.  I'm sick of cold and cloudy weather.  That's all. 

Same here.  The long range shows a bit warmer,  but still in a rain every other day deal. 

• Sad 1

Same shit here! Cloudy, rainy, snowy and more of the same shit later this week, only slightly warmer. 

What an incredible weekend partying and wheeling and doing stupid shit with my young friends back home. It was 70+ on Saturday here. 68 yesterday. Mid 60’s again today. 

About 80 of us gathered at the Zero Lake campground (just a big gravel parking lot with no services) for my nephews annual birthday bash. Partied into the wee hours Friday night ( burned half a cord of firewood).  Saturday we got on the trail by about Noon. The trail is around 15 miles long and can be very difficult in spots. There were about 35 rigs in all. Took us about 5 hours to make the loop and get back to camp. Every big mud hole was a shit show of entertainment.  The amount of chaos and carnage is just on another level. 3 rigs had to be towed back to camp. One needed a few weld repairs trailside and one (the big green blue jacked up turbo rzr on AG tires) was so wounded we had to leave on the side of the trail. Guys are headed back in today with an excavator to get it out today.

I had to pull out my new winch at least 8 times but never for me. Always trying to get someone else through the hole.   I didnt get many pictures  but will snag some from FB and post them in a bit. Definitely an epic weekend for the books. 

I think I will just make a new thread for this.  

33F517CA-3857-4B89-A1CD-F4255895E425.jpeg

853EDC2B-B532-4F41-988C-F2742951B169.jpeg

BCBCA82F-971E-4B80-B4E0-0E05BFEB65A3.jpeg

A5DFD3D4-A3C3-49FF-B4AC-45134FC8E304.jpeg

22FBD54D-5F03-43AC-AD7E-AD724B7D0C2E.jpeg

D679DCBA-63AD-47C7-9FBC-F20D70B0B1BA.jpeg

Edited by AKIQPilot
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Not as many pictures posted on FB as I expected.  I bet half the crowd lost their phone this weekend.  I know for a fact 3 people did.  Hahaha

Is there a way to post FB videos on this forum.  I thought there used to be but can't seem to figure it out now.  Dozens of good video from the weekend on FB, not that many pics.

Dumb Brody in his new rock bouncer trying to hang with the Jeeps on the race back down to camp. 

96282993_4444356518923647_75520081094393

Dumb Kevin forgets how to wheel and flips it in a mud hole.  Two phones lost in this incident.  

96296340_4444356752256957_63140626204920

Dumb Kevin at it again with busted ball joints on one side.  We tried to carry this out on the back of a big buggy but it fell off in the next mud hole.  Left it there for dead.  

96170130_3063153940414054_98351826205671

Dang SxS always breaking down and slowing us down.  Hahaha

96233106_3063153797080735_29577613160910

The easy part of the trail.

96525657_3063141263748655_14417034533436

Wonder if this video will embed?

https://www.magisto.com/video/K1JMNkINBDo1UhZgCzE?l=vsm&o=i&c=f&fbclid=IwAR1z_3Vb2-jQvboHh_0rDeankFPhuUZivqzdqpwJR56vtgody6rUH-8ZNnA

• Like 2

Wow, a lot of carnage. Must of been a lot of pops drank on the run. LOL

Still trying to wrap my head around the fact that you guys call that fun. I hate getting my stuff dirty while driving it on pavement during the summer months. I couldn,t even see calling it fun to ride in someone elses rig, and not having to worry about breakdowns and clean-up. Certainly different strokes for different folks. Looks like you guys had a riot ! Can you hear a cellphone ring when it,s under water or mud ? LOL

1 minute ago, Frostynuts said:

Wow, a lot of carnage. Must of been a lot of pops drank on the run. LOL

Still trying to wrap my head around the fact that you guys call that fun. I hate getting my stuff dirty while driving it on pavement during the summer months. I couldn,t even see calling it fun to ride in someone elses rig, and not having to worry about breakdowns and clean-up. Certainly different strokes for different folks. Looks like you guys had a riot ! Can you hear a cellphone ring when it,s under water or mud ? LOL

Not really, sometimes the waterproof ones will vibrate enough to make little ripples.  The problem is they fall into the mud while the rig is still moving and immediately get run over and pushed a few feet below the surface.  They are gone forever.

Everyone has a different idea of fun.  This weekend it was taking our buggies to a local trail to see who can put on the best show.  Next weekend it will be fishing for halibut and shrimp and crab in the Gulf of Alaska.  Weekend after that it will be wakesurfing and tubing on the lake.  The rivers just opened up so I'm sure a jetboat trip up to the cabin is only a week or so out.  Our local snowmobile trails are still open so a quick ride into the mountains can fit in just about anywhere.  Right now we can ride sleds in the hills in the morning and wakeboard in  the afternoon.  Sun is up past 11pm now so the days are long enough to really pack the fun in.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

doesn't look like those tires would be good in the deep mud on that rig.   

Yea, they are horrible.  I'm sure he will get some big 60" R2 AG's for it.  He had high hopes but about half way through the trip he realized how bad they really are in mud.  

@ssfb @ckf  Is it possible to embed FB videos on the forum?

These guys were kinda straggling behind.  Even the little holes were a challenge for them.  After they caught up to everyone at the lake we let them go mid pack.  It was fun to watch them struggle in the mud.  

https://www.facebook.com/brody.smith.5492/videos/2917854841605001/

Great pics and what looks like a great time, Tom. :bc:

We use to have 2 great areas to go 4x4ing, dirt biking, etc, but due to lawsuits and the like, both areas were shut down.

The pic of my father going through the mud hole was at a place called Old Baldy or Test hill to others. It was packed most weekends in the spring with all kinds of shenanigans going on. 3 water/mud holes with the 3rd being the worst that hardly anyone ever made it through. 

I miss those days. :sad:

Baldy .JPG

Baldy 1.JPG

Baldy 2.JPG

Baldy 4.JPG

Baldy6.JPG

Blady 5.JPG

Blady 3.JPG

Image015_16 (Medium).jpg

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Morning! It's a little frosty this morning, the sxs is fueled up and our trails are now open. We're heading out for a ride and a trailside lunch stop

Have fun :bc:

21 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

What an incredible weekend partying and wheeling and doing stupid shit with my young friends back home. It was 70+ on Saturday here. 68 yesterday. Mid 60’s again today. 

About 80 of us gathered at the Zero Lake campground (just a big gravel parking lot with no services) for my nephews annual birthday bash. Partied into the wee hours Friday night ( burned half a cord of firewood).  Saturday we got on the trail by about Noon. The trail is around 15 miles long and can be very difficult in spots. There were about 35 rigs in all. Took us about 5 hours to make the loop and get back to camp. Every big mud hole was a shit show of entertainment.  The amount of chaos and carnage is just on another level. 3 rigs had to be towed back to camp. One needed a few weld repairs trailside and one (the big green blue jacked up turbo rzr on AG tires) was so wounded we had to leave on the side of the trail. Guys are headed back in today with an excavator to get it out today.

I had to pull out my new winch at least 8 times but never for me. Always trying to get someone else through the hole.   I didnt get many pictures  but will snag some from FB and post them in a bit. Definitely an epic weekend for the books. 

I think I will just make a new thread for this.  

33F517CA-3857-4B89-A1CD-F4255895E425.jpeg

853EDC2B-B532-4F41-988C-F2742951B169.jpeg

BCBCA82F-971E-4B80-B4E0-0E05BFEB65A3.jpeg

A5DFD3D4-A3C3-49FF-B4AC-45134FC8E304.jpeg

22FBD54D-5F03-43AC-AD7E-AD724B7D0C2E.jpeg

D679DCBA-63AD-47C7-9FBC-F20D70B0B1BA.jpeg

Tom wins the innernets again.

• Like 2

On 5/11/2020 at 1:47 PM, AKIQPilot said:

Yea, they are horrible.  I'm sure he will get some big 60" R2 AG's for it.  He had high hopes but about half way through the trip he realized how bad they really are in mud.  

We are starting to plan a Naples trip for next month. Don’t really want to go to Fla in June but they are open. I will be hanging with my buddy that was the swamp buggy champion of the world. This isn’t his race rig,it’s his Sunday driver. He also has a LS1 air boat.

B40410C4-5A25-4A55-9AE1-B035829CEAB5.png

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, ckf said:

Is that you in quarantine? What are you trying to tell us?   :lol: 

Nah just sharing a funny. I bet I could do that if I got the dog slobber off my door wall :lol: 

• Haha 1

Gonna be in the high 60’s again today. Got most of my yard chores done. Yard is raked, thatched, mowed and fertilized. Pond is all clean and the fish are back in for summer. Didn't lose a single fish this winter.

Party barge is almost ready to go in. I need to run some speaker wire for a front set of speakers. Kids really want to go swimming and tubing so I will get it in the water by about Noon is the plan. 

Gonna be a great summer again. 

• Like 2