Check your account email address ×

***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

Another chilly/cool day here, which sucks, as we just had some decent spring weather for a change. Going down to "0" c tonight and only a high of 5 tomorrow and Satuday with a chance of snow flurries. >:(

I got the sleds finally put away yesterday and brought the boat home. Not much to do with it other than hopefully installing a radio, which I don't know much about, and maybe a new fish finder? Going to be tough getting these due to the lock down, but I am going to try. 

• Like 1

Another incredible spring day here.  Supposed to get up close to 70 today.  Blue skys and not a cloud one.  I just dropped the Jeep off for a new windshield.  Loading the motorhome for the weekend.  More fun times ahead.  

PS.  The swans have been hanging out here all week.  9 of them yesterday.  I wonder how they would respond to a drone flying over taking close up pictures.  

2A4E27DC-BD66-4292-86AB-5845B88C9A9A.jpeg

C80DDB2F-427D-4226-8DE0-9993FF5E5A16.jpeg

Edited by AKIQPilot
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Another incredible spring day here.  Supposed to get up close to 70 today.  Blue skys and not a cloud one.  I just dropped the Jeep off for a new windshield.  Loading the motorhome for the weekend.  More fun times ahead.  

PS.  The swans have been hanging out here all week.  9 of them yesterday.  I wonder how they would respond to a drone flying over taking close up pictures.  

Buy one and try it. With the amount of traveling that you do it would be a cool thing to have :bc:

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

Buy one and try it. With the amount of traveling that you do it would be a cool thing to have :bc:

I really should buy one.  I will try to fit one into the budget this summer some time.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I really should buy one.  I will try to fit one into the budget this summer some time.  

Here's the newest small one from DJI.  When folded up it's about the same size as a modern cell phone, but thicker.  Under $600 to boot :bc:

https://amzn.to/2ys4qv2

19 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Is this about the normal time of year for planting?  

No, we'd probably be rolling for another 2 weeks.  Hope this weekend's weather doesn't bite us with a kill frost.  

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Snowing here now. It is weird. 

We've got 3 inches on cold surfaces and it's still coming down !  This sucks. :(

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

LOng term , no big deal

Short term, mentaly disturbing.

Exactly! It's melting as it hits the ground on the parts of the driveway that have seen the sun over the past few days.  It just sucks this time of year.  

I put the drone in the air earlier today.  It was probably a little to windy. In standard mode I was only getting 2.3 mph against the wind. I put it in sport mode (more power but uses battery up much faster) and was able to bump it up to about 16 mph.  Top pano is 16 frames stitched together in Lightroom. 

FB_IMG_1589056375463.jpg

FB_IMG_1589056363368.jpg

Edited by ckf
  • Like 6

• Platinum Contributing Member

Checked the weather before going to bed last night at midnight. TWN called for less than a cm (3/8 "). Woke up to 2 inches on the ground.

44 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Checked the weather before going to bed last night at midnight. TWN called for less than a cm (3/8 "). Woke up to 2 inches on the ground.

To bad they don't screw up like that when they are calling for 10" during the snowmobile season. 

18 minutes ago, ckf said:

To bad they don't screw up like that when they are calling for 10" during the snowmobile season. 

They really missed the mark all winter long with their predictions . Some areas here woke up to 6-8" on Saturday. We live in a snowbelt area and they should be calling it a snowmelt cause it's getting that way for some time now. We get a good dumping then fkn rain and start all over again

• Platinum Contributing Member
35 minutes ago, ckf said:

Rarely works this way in the winter. Though we did have a snowfall in late February where they predicted 1"-1.5" and we got closer to 5". We very seldom get large snowfalls here, say over 6".

22 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Rarely works this way in the winter. Though we did have a snowfall in late February where they predicted 1"-1.5" and we got closer to 5". We very seldom get large snowfalls here, say over 6".

We don't get many big storms either.  When the east coast gets a noreaster, we usually get shadowed by the White Mountains of NH.  The area Mountains do help during the winter when we pickup an inch or two every other day when areas  nearby see sunshine.