Check your account email address ×

***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

2 minutes ago, smokin george said:

They're lifting the fireban at midnight tonight so it'll be beer, fire and a few friends doing what we do lol

Our ban in Eastern Ontario was lifted earlier this week, but we still need to get a permit to have a fire. Kinda a PITA if you decide you want to have a fire after the township office closing time.

11 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Our ban in Eastern Ontario was lifted earlier this week, but we still need to get a permit to have a fire. Kinda a PITA if you decide you want to have a fire after the township office closing time.

It's a bummer trying to get any kind of permit at the moment. 

5 hours ago, smokin george said:

They're lifting the fireban at midnight tonight so it'll be beer, fire and a few friends doing what we do lol

Not raining up your way, George?

Drizzle/rain here all day and not ending until sometime tonight? 

We just received notice we can go to our trailer park next Friday at noon. A whole bunch of new legalities, rules, stipulations and procedures to sign and adhere to but I won't know what they are until I get there and read them? I'm assuming no socializing, no company, no fires, etc, which hardly makes me want to even go. This B.S. has gone on long enough. :wall:

Edited by irv

2 minutes ago, irv said:

Not raining up your way, George?

Drizzle/rain here all day and not ending until sometime tonight? 

We just received notice we can go to our trailer park next Friday at noon. A whole bunch of new legalities, rules, stipulations and procedures to sign and adhere to but I won't know what they are until I get there to read them? I'm assuming no socializing, no company, no fires, etc, which hardly makes me want to even go. This B.S. has gone on long enough. :wall:

Wow my folks park is open and no real restrictions at all.  Is this a seasonal rental?

1 minute ago, Kev144 said:

Wow my folks park is open and no real restrictions at all.  Is this a seasonal rental?

Privately owned seasonal camping. Supposedly, according to the park owner, all similar/same parks have the same new rules and regs?

Just now, irv said:

Privately owned seasonal camping. Supposedly, according to the park owner, all similar/same parks have the same new rules and regs?

My folks park is one of 3 in Ontario where you own the land 

Just now, Kev144 said:

My folks park is one of 3 in Ontario where you own the land 

This is her property, we just rent a lot/site seasonally from her annually. We can be asked/told to leave without much notice if she wanted to.

18 minutes ago, irv said:

This is her property, we just rent a lot/site seasonally from her annually. We can be asked/told to leave without much notice if she wanted to.

Got it.  My folks own their land in the park. The owners manage the park etc.  Runs quite well 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Almost 70f right now. Ice has been out for about 10 days.  Still snow on the shores in the shaded areas. Kids are having a blast. 

C34FF040-4F26-4CB9-993D-195DD4A0A3E3.jpeg

Ice has been out 10 days and the kids are in swimming?!?! What's the temp, Tom? With our weather we have been having, I will be lucky if I am swimming in July?

24 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

a real italian by the looks not the ham sammich they call an italian in maine.  

Yeah, but it was still on an oversized hot dog roll.

17 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Almost 70f right now. Ice has been out for about 10 days.  Still snow on the shores in the shaded areas. Kids are having a blast. 

50203AAD-273F-4960-A373-3470A6F44390.jpeg

65936D60-1CF7-4789-99C5-07D188E2BC3D.jpeg

B72A9837-7E23-43D2-B185-3C22B113073C.jpeg

7D03D263-C7CF-4C08-97A4-9283FFFA941B.jpeg

C34FF040-4F26-4CB9-993D-195DD4A0A3E3.jpeg

3AF5B688-250E-4DB5-92E6-E114F6F27B89.jpeg

28FCA436-13A7-4F8E-8E1F-94193C83F25C.jpeg

387DD07E-709B-44A5-8781-EC39DF806B5F.jpeg

Me thinks that the water would be a bit too cold for me, lol. 

16 minutes ago, irv said:

Ice has been out 10 days and the kids are in swimming?!?! What's the temp, Tom? With our weather we have been having, I will be lucky if I am swimming in July?

9 minutes ago, ckf said:

Yeah, but it was still on an oversized hot dog roll.

Me thinks that the water would be a bit too cold for me, lol. 

I will go shoot the temp in a bit but my guess is the water is about 45-48f already. Kids said it didnt take their breath away. It will get up into the low 70’s by Early June. Last summer we had a high water temp of 84.6 on July 4th. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

IT's on a fucking hotdog roll! 

It's the Maine way!  I remember going to Amato's in Gorham and getting the same samwich. 

The local sled riding area about 10 miles from home is still open. This is probably the last weekend. The south facing slopes like in these pictures looks a little bare but the valleys behind these hills still have 10’ of snow. The bottom pic is one of the places where Neal, Joel, Preston and I went riding when they came up in 2013. Called Hatcher Pass. 

C1A9F786-CD54-4D1E-A4B3-3B78E3295890.jpeg

09DB5B64-2D89-4D83-8EA9-472276397C85.jpeg

F254A717-D9CB-47A2-A266-16959F5D6695.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

I will go shoot the temp in a bit but my guess is the water is about 45-48f already. Kids said it didnt take their breath away. It will get up into the low 70’s by Early June. Last summer we had a high water temp of 84.6 on July 4th. 

Serious shrinkage.

2 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

Evening from my happy place...

20200515_204000.jpg

20200515_203955.jpg

I'm looking forward to that big time! Hopefully next weekends weather co-operates. 

IMG_1361 (Large).JPG

• Like 3