Check your account email address ×

Electric weed eaters

What are you guys using? The Black and Decker I have is a POS. Would also like to buy a blower that uses the same batteries as the weed eater. 

6 minutes ago, SSFB said:

What are you guys using? The Black and Decker I have is a POS. Would also like to buy a blower that uses the same batteries as the weed eater. 

Stihl. Mine is excellent.

Ask 1250 for his advice….he's probably still using a Jesus sickle 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Using the cRyobi lime green here.  

Just the 18v stuff has been adequate for me.  

Will not go back to gas for a blower or a whip.  

I’m closer to going to an electric mower than I am to going back to a gas weed eater. 

Electric weed eaters are awesome when all you need it for is for 10 minutes of work around a few trees, fencing and edging. 

Posted (edited)

I have over $6,000 in DeWalt battery tools, many 20 & 60 volt, a vaccum cleaner, 3 weed eaters, Blower, 2 Chainsaws, 2 grease guns, 2 Impacts, Drills including an angle drill, Ratchets including angle Ratchet, Die Grinder, Sawzall, Jig Saw, angle grinder, circle sawmany more, and over $2,000 in batteries.

Edited by XCR1250
  • Like 2

• Gold Member

EGO…. Mower, snowblower, grass trimmer, edger, blower so far.  Will likely get a hedge trimmer from ego at some point….  

Posted (edited)

Ryobi weed whip, drills, blower, lights, impacts, vacuum, chainsaw, etc. Works just fine for what I need. 

PS - checkout directtoolsoutlet for factory refurbished, blemished ryobi tools. Can get some really great deals. Same on their eBay store (free shipping).

Edited by akvanden

Lead blower, weed whip and chainsaw are gas only for me.  Have an echo 9010 and while it will move logs could use more power.  Did buy a toro leaf blower and whip for the 2 minute clean the patio off, but for real work both need gas.  As a comparison it would take probably 8-10 of the toro blowers to move as much air as the echo.  On full power the toro lasts about 5 minutes as well.  

I have a Shindaiwa gas trimmer for heavier work around my house but my 40v Ryobi is light and perfect for use most of the time. 

1 minute ago, polaris7541 said:

going 2 stroke till the end,,, every battery thing i have used is a pos

Did you post that from a 2 stroke cell phone? :lol::bc:

• Haha 2

• Platinum Contributing Member

Walmart Hyper Tough......works for me.  But I have a landscaper doing most of the cutting.  Maybe next year will buy a mower and do my own lawn......maybe not:lmao:

8 hours ago, SSFB said:

Did you post that from a 2 stroke cell phone? :lol::bc:

didn't think of that im on it,,hydrogen powered phone in the works , move over elon

• Haha 1

Dewalt.

I had an Echo gas unit for year. Then one day it wouldn’t start. Went straight to the Depot. I have 2 dozen Dewalt batteries so easy choice for me. Works great.

10 hours ago, SSFB said:

Milwaukee... got rid of my 2smoke a couple years ago.  takes the same battery as all my other Mke tools so I bought the one without the battery or charger.  works great 

10 hours ago, SSFB said:

I’m closer to going to an electric mower than I am to going back to a gas weed eater. 

Electric weed eaters are awesome when all you need it for is for 10 minutes of work around a few trees, fencing and edging. 

when I finally kill the unkillable 1996 Toro GTS I'll get a Milwaukee electric mower.  we don't have a very big lawn and see previous post.

10 hours ago, SSFB said:

I have both an electric lawnmower and electric weed eater and I am not going back. I bought Makita because I have the batteries from the rest of the tools. Even the electric chainsaw is handy.

10 hours ago, SSFB said:

I have three batteries for my ryobi whacker. It usually takes 2 to get thru my small citiot lot. But I won’t go back to gas, I like it and it’s much easier to just plug in a new 18v battery.

I really like the Milwaukee. I am all in with their power tools so it was an obvious choice. Not disappointed, and I use it 20-30 minutes a week.

I brought the 2 stroke to camp so I don't have to bring one back and forth.

7 hours ago, Mainecat said:

I answered the thread topic unlike a weasel like you.

You know what, you did. You answered a question which is very rare for you

• Haha 1