Cars that give a Boner

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, 800renegaderider said:

The best looking Camaro imo 

I agree.

:bc:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Resale is a dumb argument.  You pay more for stock to sell for more?  I buy cars to enjoy them.  Shit made in the 60's generally suck to drive until modified.  Some rare exceptions but the charger is not one of those exceptions.

Couldn’t agree more.  Most people don’t know what all original is anyway. The cars you are driving today are perfect. Nothing like older cars. The paint and fit on them were awful. I like my car, but am I owning a hot rod with a 175 hp. Motor? Hell no!  :lol: 
Let my wife worry about resale, when I die. 

1 minute ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Damn, no need to be a jerk…

Neal

Agreed. 

35 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Couldn’t agree more.  Most people don’t know what all original is anyway. The cars you are driving today are perfect. Nothing like older cars. The paint and fit on them were awful. I like my car, but am I owning a hot rod with a 175 hp. Motor? Hell no!  :lol: 
Let my wife worry about resale, when I die. 

When I first started collecting Corvettes I was all into the Bloomfield and NCRS bullshit. That phase didn't last long. It's more stress than anything.

Just now, Steve753 said:

When I first started collecting Corvettes I was all into the Bloomfield and NCRS bullshit. That phase didn't last long. It's more stress than anything.

Yeah, some of those guys are nuts. we have done a couple, where they came in with nice shiny paint jobs and we sanded em down and repainted with lacquer.  kind of weird, making a car look worse than when it came in. probably done more corvettes than anything.  i had a guy bought a new frame, every bolt, screw, fastener. completely disassembled his car and rebuilt it from a bare frame. motor, trans, rear end,  interior. all new. it was a pretty fun project.      

• Like 2

The days of a shiny paint job and a set of wheels are pretty much over. You really have to push the envelope to get your car noticed now. My dads mustang. Never driven, other than to put it on and off trailer. Not for me. I wouldn’t own a car, I wouldn’t drive. 

E267B99D-CD5B-47E2-95CB-30788BC1D2CE.jpeg

84788DD7-2D09-4410-BAE3-F819FE0C558A.jpeg

CA491232-D563-4154-B051-EE65AF0EFF3A.jpeg

A37C24FE-BE5E-4167-ACF8-27C582DC55AC.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

Owner of this 68 Hurst Olds passed away a while ago and donated the car to the Oldsmobile museum in Lansing Michigan.  Had several other high end collectable Oldsmobile's from the 60's and 70's not sure what happened to them. 

scan0144.jpg

scan0145.jpg

scan0146.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cold War said:

The days of a shiny paint job and a set of wheels are pretty much over. You really have to push the envelope to get your car noticed now. My dads mustang. Never driven, other than to put it on and off trailer. Not for me. I wouldn’t own a car, I wouldn’t drive. 

X2.  I would want to enjoy the car I put that much time and money into.  Some people get that excitement out of shows though I guess.

I guess that’s why I really dig rat rods.

IMG_1589.jpeg

IMG_1590.jpeg

IMG_1591.jpeg

Neal

18 minutes ago, Cold War said:

not a ford guy but that is wicked

8 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

X2.  I would want to enjoy the car I put that much time and money into.  Some people get that excitement out of shows though I guess.

IMG_1589.jpeg

IMG_1590.jpeg

IMG_1591.jpeg

Neal

rat rods are big here

• Gold Member
22 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Are those one off wheels? Never seen ones like that before.

11 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Resale is a dumb argument.  You pay more for stock to sell for more?  I buy cars to enjoy them.  Shit made in the 60's generally suck to drive until modified.  Some rare exceptions but the charger is not one of those exceptions.

restomod for the win.  zero chance i want to drive any stock car from the 60's and 70's whether it be a car or truck   I have a hard on for an old blazer and this would be the pinnacle of that 100x better than any original.   although certianly not payint 340k for a blazer

16-signature-series-k5-isolated2.webp?v=

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

IMG_1589.jpeg

IMG_1590.jpeg

IMG_1591.jpeg

Neal

Yeah, its kind of funny. You go to the shows with all these beautiful high dollar cars and every one is flocking around the rat rods. You can only look at so many Camaros, chevelles , corvettes. 

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

another vehicle best served with compelete detroit speed suspension at a minimum 

What do you have against drum brakes? :lol:

On 3/31/2024 at 6:42 PM, Mainecat said:

NO POLITICS PLEASE!

Here’s  mine….65 GTO 

IMG_2196.jpeg

Absolutely. 60s Pontiac’s are just beautiful cars