Check your account email address ×

First automobile??

• Gold Member
Just now, racinfarmer said:

Jeep Cherokee Country.  White with the gold/tan trim and interior instead of silver like most had.

No rust, no anti-lock brakes.

Once I figured out how to do burnouts in it, it was game over.  

I needed a set of cheap tires in the rear, because burnouts.  Fleet Farm had some super cheap stuff, like $35/tire mounted.  Those didn't make it 1500 miles.

Looked like this.

361qoq2W-rdcw-4kr2h-(edit).jpg?t=168312525155

Did it burn both rears? Mine only do the one wheel wonder but man did that thing do a hell of a brake stand lol

Inherited a 1977 Chevy Impala identical to this. Had 42k on it and wasn't anything special, but was reliable. Had A LOT of fun in that car.

14787b0c380af6c0fa3c7d45e6b9eaf1.jpg

First car I ever bought was a 1986 Monte Carlo LS...

1234.jpeg

Edited by soeaster
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Did it burn both rears? Mine only do the one wheel wonder but man did that thing do a hell of a brake stand lol

I don't really remember, but I think it did.  The smoke those cheap ass tires put out though was something else.  

• Like 1

• Gold Member

An 86 Cadilac Fleetwod Brougham. One of the rear doors wouldn't open, the engine ticked like a snare drum and the shocks were mostly for show. I nicknamed it the General Lee. I banged my high-school girlfriend in the back seat soooooo many times!!

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, soeaster said:

Inherited a 1977 Chevy Impala identical to this. Had 42k on it and wasn't anything special, but was reliable. Had A LOT of fun in that car.

14787b0c380af6c0fa3c7d45e6b9eaf1.jpg

First car I ever bought was a 1986 Monte Carlo LS...

1234.jpeg

The first car that I bought myself was an 87 Monte Carlo SS. $12, 400 as a leftover in 88.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

72 IH Scout….My mom had a 1980…you can see it on the left.

IMG_2362.jpeg

look like rick from magnum pi

Edited by sleepybrew
  • Haha 1

92WwODVW-dyyFMe7b6N-(edit).jpg.6f6d88d25352d500de7891d0ef7aee3f.jpg

brand new 1983 320i... great lines, fantastic handling, incredibly fast four cylinder engine , always fun to drive.... still have the spare keys

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, ckf said:

The first car that I bought myself was an 87 Monte Carlo SS. $12, 400 as a leftover in 88.

My brother had an 87 SS also. Army shipped it to Germany for him and he drove it all over Europe. We visited him there and I drove it on the autobahn and got passed like I was standing still. 

We went to Berlin with it through the East Germany corridor, and eventually into East Berlin. The looks we got with that car were something else! 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Big Crappie said:

Rusted out 71 Pinto that was my Dads work car. He handed me the key on my 16th bday. 

Thanks Dad lol

hey that 2.3 engine stood the test of time

Mine was a '68 Beetle. Upgraded to a '69 Mustang as soon as it got cold, no heat in the VW, don't even think about defrosting the window. 

My brother-in-law has an 87 Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe (Nascar style rear window) in his garage. Like brand new, I think it has less then 10,000 miles on it. Doesn't come out much. 

I had one of those for a while, but it wasn't in great shape, needed pretty much everything when I got rid of it. 

• Like 5

• Gold Member

1985 Mazda RX-7 GSL. Was my Uncle's car he bought brand new . He passed away just after I turned 16 and left it to me in his will. 

Not mine but this one is identical color and wheels. Fun car, wish I still had it. 

01FEDF91-ED02-474D-969E-547E1A5D7F4F.jpeg

• Like 9

31 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

1985 Mazda RX-7 GSL. Was my Uncle's car he bought brand new . He passed away just after I turned 16 and left it to me in his will. 

Not mine but this one is identical color and wheels. Fun car, wish I still had it. 

01FEDF91-ED02-474D-969E-547E1A5D7F4F.jpeg

i love rx7s. i had 2 old wedge style and a 1990 white one. i really like the old ones. so much fun, burning rubber is a requirement. see what they go for now? 5k for a junker. 

the 1990 , not mine but identical. i used to autocross it, got one first place. mostly ran a first gen jetta for that . 

No Reserve: 7k-Mile 1990 Mazda RX-7 GTU for sale on BaT Auctions - sold for  $18,000 on May 17, 2019 (Lot #18,930) | Bring a Trailer

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Gold Member
18 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

i love rx7s. i had 2 old wedge style and a 1990 white one. i really like the old ones. so much fun, burning rubber is a requirement. see what they go for now? 5k for a junker. 

the 1990 , not mine but identical. i used to autocross it, got one first place. mostly ran a first gen jetta for that . 

No Reserve: 7k-Mile 1990 Mazda RX-7 GTU for sale on BaT Auctions - sold for  $18,000 on May 17, 2019 (Lot #18,930) | Bring a Trailer

Sick. I love the second Gens also. 

I didnt know what I had :sad:

My stupid Dad hated imports and didnt understand the Rotary so when I blew the motor he was like just get rid of it.  Car was fucking mint garage kept . :wall:

The only cool part is the car got bought by some Puerto Rican dudes and its a full blown drag car now. Tubbed, cage twin turbo 13B etc. More than I ever would of done so at least it lives on in its glory. 

I bought a Black 99 Z-28 6 speed LS1 after and it was my dream car at the time so I thought the RX-7 was worthless back in 2004. Ashamed to say what I sold it for.