Check your account email address ×

Catalyst HP

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, HSR said:

Who's dyno and where is the rest of the dyno info??

Epic fail though. The Poo 650 will destroy it.

Says D&D's right in the post

• Thanks 1

I pay very little attention to these dyno charts, unless they're being compared same day to the competition.  And even less once the season starts.  Cat needs a winner, and this sled has some cool features, I hope it rips.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Catalyst on d&d dyno.  Out of break in

IMG_2368.thumb.jpeg.c6b40c956c736960b5fc75721c563b51.jpeg

Looks about par for the course. Apparently it’s not exactly the same engine as the procross 600. Probably more hp than the 600r doo 

Wow... a one dimensional review + attack on Arctic Cats newest innovation, that was judge best in its class for the year....

Horsepower is meaningless if you can't harness and ride it.....

Waiting to judge it by the seat of my pants and see if it rides as great as they promised....

Let us know about your next Dynamometer test ride experience.

Tuning + clutching make major changes (besides friction reduction)  on a sled, it can only get better in a real world evaluation 

Just now, ICG said:

Wow... a one dimensional review + attack on Arctic Cats newest innovation, that was judge best in its class for the year....

Waiting to judge it by the seat of my pants and see if it rides as great as they promised....

Let us know about your next Dynamometer test ride experience.

Tuning + clutching make major changes (besides friction reduction)  on a sled, it can only get better in a real world evaluation 

Great point.  You rarely hear about hp to the track or track hp.  Thats the bottom line.

15 minutes ago, ICG said:

Good point , Cat has proven to have some of the worst clutching in the industry so may be some gains to be made there. Maybe even control all 123 hp :lol:

Bottom line,, Cat has proven they can't build competitive engines inhouse. Their 800 and now new 600 both came in under the industry standards. Poo made this much HP almost 20yrs ago. Anything less than high 120's is a flop.130 should have been the goal. So it failed being super light even with belt drive and now it's low on HP too.

How Cat guys can spin this into a win is beyond me. It's not.

54 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

You rarely hear about hp to the track or track hp.

You have to make HP at the crank before worrying about the clutching to get it to the track.

They made 5 more hp than a 20 year old Suzuki f6. Terrible.

If Poo released a new 600 that was less than the previous offered I would say the same thing,,,,fail.

20 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Sometimes the desire for a gotcha or cunty post gets in the way of him actually reading the post.👊🏻😉😂

Do you have a pic of the entire dyno screen readout? The other numbers tell us a lot too.