Check your account email address ×

Polaris factory rider crashes into dog team in Alaska

AK440

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

When I read the article, I laughed at the reference to hauling ass being anything over 30mph ... and possibly even over 50mph.  Quite the standards of describing hauling ass!! 

I am pretty sure if you run over a dog at any speed with a snowmobile it’s going to die. I am also calling peta because some ass hole is using dogs to pull him around instead of using a tesla 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, MnDean said:

Everyone one that uses that road in the winter knows the risks, you are just trying too turn this into something more than an accident.

You defending an irresponsible Polaris employee is an interesting position. All the asshole had to do was slow the fuck down. 

5 hours ago, krom said:

because the musher has no reason to lie, and is a reilable source of honest information, because he wasn't involved..
BTW "hauling ass" according to the musher doesn't mean, any more than if the slide rider said the dog jumped out in front of him

You defending an irresponsible Polaris employee is an interesting position. All the asshole had to do was slow the fuck down. 

3 hours ago, Boonbocker1 said:

"Hauling ass"  how does one quantify that?

Congratulations! You’re the first person I’ve ever met on a sled forum that didn’t know it was a common description for going really fast. :idiot:

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

When I read the article, I laughed at the reference to hauling ass being anything over 30mph ... and possibly even over 50mph.  Quite the standards of describing hauling ass!! 

Well Chris, I suspect you’d throw a Karen level fit if someone drove past you between 30-50mph really closely while walking your dog down the street. :fullofshit2:

11 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I am pretty sure if you run over a dog at any speed with a snowmobile it’s going to die. I am also calling peta because some ass hole is using dogs to pull him around instead of using a tesla 

The whole point is this shouldn’t have happen had the Polaris employee been operating their sled in a responsible manner.  

5 hours ago, AK440 said:

Congratulations! You’re the first person I’ve ever met on a sled forum that didn’t know it was a common description for going really fast. :idiot:

Well Chris, I suspect you’d throw a Karen level fit if someone drove past you between 30-50mph really closely while walking your dog down the street. :fullofshit2:

The whole point is this shouldn’t have happen had the Polaris employee been operating their sled in a responsible manner.  

First of all, if you're gonna try and throw some level of "gotcha" at someone ... get a fucking clue & stop moving goalposts.  This was a dog sledder, on an unmaintained winter road used as a snowmobile trail, not someone walking their dogs down a street.  Two, would you be as mad if this was someone on a YamaCat that was involved, instead of a Polaris factory rider?  I mean, surely a YamaCat rider could have just as easily been caught up in snow dust and had this same tragedy happen.  You like to paint the picture of this being some guy on his sled blatantly running down a dog team.  He was in a group and got caught up in snow dust ... have you ever experienced that, or are you such a miserable cunt that nobody rides with you?  (No need to respond to that question, we all know the answer).

All of us who actually own sleds have ridden in snow dust and shit can happen pretty quickly.  And before you try to come up with yet another lame ass response, let me be clear - no, I'm not making light of the situation.  It's a sad deal, and I feel for the dogs and the guy who had to stay there with his dog team as they suffered. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bontz said:

First of all, if you're gonna try and throw some level of "gotcha" at someone ... get a fucking clue & stop moving goalposts.  This was a dog sledder, on an unmaintained winter road used as a snowmobile trail, not someone walking their dogs down a street.  Two, would you be as mad if this was someone on a YamaCat that was involved, instead of a Polaris factory rider?  I mean, surely a YamaCat rider could have just as easily been caught up in snow dust and had this same tragedy happen.  You like to paint the picture of this being some guy on his sled blatantly running down a dog team.  He was in a group and got caught up in snow dust ... have you ever experienced that, or are you such a miserable cunt that nobody rides with you?  (No need to respond to that question, we all know the answer).

All of us who actually own sleds have ridden in snow dust and shit can happen pretty quickly.  And before you try to come up with yet another lame ass response, let me be clear - no, I'm not making light of the situation.  It's a sad deal, and I feel for the dogs and the guy who had to stay there with his dog team as they suffered. 

He's probably so mad at polaris that he threw away his terrain dominator hat...

Screenshot_20240128_070607_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Sled_Hed
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, AK440 said:

Dumbass #1

Dumbass #2

Dumbass #3

Dumbass #4

Dumbass #5

The musher states in the article the guy and group that hit him were “hauling ass”. So, until you post something, anything from a source that was there that states otherwise ya just got owned. :owned: :crow:

You are one stupid washer fluid guzzling waste of skin. Based on the original report that this post was based on there were no charges nor blame being laid. Like a normal person I wait for the results vs flying off the handler looking to lay blame. If this guy gets charged for doing something illegal after a full investigation, throw the book at him/her. But until the full investigation is complete it's just words. Now why don't you go Fuck Off or ride that imaginary sled of yours

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Bontz said:

Blah, blah, blah… all the asshole had to do was slow down. He didn’t and killed a number of dogs and was lucky to have not hit the musher. 

You and the rest of the dumbasses keep ignoring the facts. This Polaris employee knew others were on the trail and didn’t ride for conditions. That was completely irresponsible and I hope the piece of shit loses his job and is charged.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AK440 said:

Blah, blah, blah… all the asshole had to do was slow down. He didn’t and killed a number of dogs and was lucky to have not hit the musher. 

You and the rest of the dumbasses keep ignoring the facts. This Polaris employee knew others were on the trail and didn’t ride for conditions. That was completely irresponsible and I hope the piece of shit loses his job and is charged.

Forgive me if this has been covered already.  But I'm guessing the accident was in the dark?  Did the musher have lights on the team?

1 hour ago, AK440 said:

You and the rest of the dumbasses keep ignoring the facts. 

Kind of like you, claiming the snowmobile dude didn't try to render help.  The musher told him to go get help & that's why he left the scene.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Forgive me if this has been covered already.  But I'm guessing the accident was in the dark?  Did the musher have lights on the team?

what if it had been a person on an electric planet saving fat tired e-bike with a cute little yippy dog wearing a sweater in the handlebar basket?

he's not really from Alaska btw  ;)

2 hours ago, AK440 said:

I hope that piece of shit musher loses his job, all he had to do was move to the right,  he heard the sleds coming, he could of lead the dogs to the side of the trail, but he didn't, I wonder how that phone call to his boss went, telling him 3 of his dogs died.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mnstang said:

No. All dog mushers have night vision and don’t need lights. 

Seriously? What the fuck do you think? The mushers navigate trails at night by feel? Echolocation? :handjob:

1 hour ago, AK440 said:

Seriously? What the fuck do you think? The mushers navigate trails at night by feel? Echolocation? :handjob:

You've never done anything at night without a light?  Sometimes if there's a full moon you'll actually see less with a light.  I was also of the understanding that Alaska has very little sunlight but likely a whole lot of gray light (which makes people depressed or angry fyi)

There's also a host of other legit possibilities why a musher wouldn't have lights, maybe they ran out of batteries or got lost or broken, for example.  Maybe he's relying on the dogs to see.  Seems hard to believe anyone would not see a properly lit dog team at night.  So please just answer the original question instead of getting emotional and hurling unwarranted insults.  Thank you, I look forward to your answers for this question.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AK440 said:

My Amish neighbors go down the road after dark with a tiny flickering lantern. Not the smartest thing in my opinion but it still happens.

4 hours ago, MnDean said:

I hope that piece of shit musher loses his job, all he had to do was move to the right,  he heard the sleds coming, he could of lead the dogs to the side of the trail, but he didn't, I wonder how that phone call to his boss went, telling him 3 of his dogs died.

Kind of like some of these road bicyclists that ride 3-4 wide in the shoulder with the inside guy either on the white line or even partially in the car lane.  On a 50 mph windy county road.  They're such rebels really showing these 5000 lb cars who's boss, it's always a shame when one gets clipped.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

You've never done anything at night without a light?  Sometimes if there's a full moon you'll actually see less with a light.  I was also of the understanding that Alaska has very little sunlight but likely a whole lot of gray light (which makes people depressed or angry fyi)

There's also a host of other legit possibilities why a musher wouldn't have lights, maybe they ran out of batteries or got lost or broken, for example.  Maybe he's relying on the dogs to see.  Seems hard to believe anyone would not see a properly lit dog team at night.  So please just answer the original question instead of getting emotional and hurling unwarranted insults.  Thank you, I look forward to your answers for this question.

Headlamps are used. 

Another fucking reason not to be hauling ass down a shared, multiuse corridor in the dark when you know full well your sharing it with dog teams. 

8 hours ago, AK440 said:

Headlamps are used. 

Another fucking reason not to be hauling ass down a shared, multiuse corridor in the dark when you know full well your sharing it with dog teams. 

So do we know for a fact that the dog team in question had lights on at the time of incident?

I'm wondering if AK is going to be put on suicide watch when the Polaris factory rider not only doesn't get criminally charged, but also doesn't lose his job.  The outrage will be real!!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I'm wondering if AK is going to be put on suicide watch when the Polaris factory rider not only doesn't get criminally charged, but also doesn't lose his job.  The outrage will be real!!

I'm sure AK will just continue with his "selective outrage"

how fast is "haulin ass" exactly? how does that compare to "going like a bat out of hell", or "just fucking flyin"?

pretty sure the old lady doing 20 in a 45 in the snow this morning would say i was haulin ass when passed her. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bontz said:

Maybe AH will ambush him with his imaginary sled