Check your account email address ×

Catalyst track change and belt tensioner

krom

10 hours ago, krom said:

I am surprised the internet is freaking out about him flopping a nice new sled over on the concrete like that. Also didn’t he get the memo if he doesn’t put a barn of shit, butt plug in the shaft he will be walking in about 10 minutes?

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Deephaven said:

So there is basically no time savings over the chain case.  I would have figured that to be faster.

Although kudos to cat on the fit and components.  Looks like they thought about service for once.

????

you been hanging out with jimwit??

it saves the time of removing the cover, draining the oil, cleaning up the mess, adjusting the chain (loosen and tighten) putting the cover on, and adding oil

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Still have to remove all the same shit except of course the cover.  Same number of bolts and access though so besides a little oil it isn't really much different.  

You obviously don’t know how to work on shit. 

5 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Still have to remove all the same shit except of course the cover.  Same number of bolts and access though so besides a little oil it isn't really much different.  

I am still up set about the concrete abuse. That sled could have left a green skid mark on the floor 

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, joe_zrt said:

Any idea who makes that spring tool he's using?

Looks like a common one you can get out of the wps catalog. I have a few different ones. Recoil rope for a chain saw works well as a puller too. 

26 minutes ago, joe_zrt said:

I have that one. I like it for removal, but too thick for install in certain situations. 

For tight installs stick washers in the coils of the springs and put a piece of rope through the washers. Hold the spring in place and yank the washers out and you are good to go. Had to do that on my Polaris sxs that had no room to work on it 

• Like 4

• Gold Member
On 12/3/2023 at 10:12 PM, Not greg b said:

For tight installs stick washers in the coils of the springs and put a piece of rope through the washers. Hold the spring in place and yank the washers out and you are good to go. Had to do that on my Polaris sxs that had no room to work on it 

I will have to try that! 

I usually stick a pick tool in between the spring to gain a little length but the washer idea sounds slick. :thumb:

Dennis Kirk has something similar if not the same as the Speedwerx one.  Looks like Woody's makes it.  I ordered the 10" puller on Ebay.  If that one works well I'll probably stop at DK some day and get the longer one too.

https://www.denniskirk.com/woodys/15-spring-hook-tool-spr2-tool-l.p284170.prd/284170.sku

https://www.denniskirk.com/woodys/10-in-spring-hook-tool-spr2-tool-s.p284169.prd/284169.sku

3 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Dennis Kirk has something similar if not the same as the Speedwerx one.  Looks like Woody's makes it.  I ordered the 10" puller on Ebay.  If that one works well I'll probably stop at DK some day and get the longer one too.

https://www.denniskirk.com/woodys/15-spring-hook-tool-spr2-tool-l.p284170.prd/284170.sku

https://www.denniskirk.com/woodys/10-in-spring-hook-tool-spr2-tool-s.p284169.prd/284169.sku

parts unlimited used to sell that style with a T instead of loop handle.  its all I use, even after 10+ years its going strong

4 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

That's where mine came from ... I got it from Woody's

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, krom said:

parts unlimited used to sell that style with a T instead of loop handle.  its all I use, even after 10+ years its going strong

This the one?  All I have used so far is a metal pick or a vice grip.  

image.thumb.png.e9c757f1d67acf0168352a6771c3bb8a.png