Check your account email address ×

New helmets

53 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Which one would you recommend?  I'd like to go with a color other than red.

Same light but I think this is the distributor they go through

https://biteharder.com/product/snowmobile-helmet-safety-light/

Here's the other one that I was looking at

https://www.nyte-ryder.com/

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 10/11/2023 at 10:03 AM, Bontz said:

After last year's saddlebag trip in the U.P. and riding through a storm that made it miserable with my goggle setup, I'm looking around for a new helmet.  I don't want a shield (even if it's heated), and would like to stay with a goggle setup ... but go with heated goggles.  My current helmet is a 5-year old 509 Altitude helmet, which is definitely not a great helmet but it's done the job the past few seasons.  I can say without a doubt, I won't be going with a 509 helmet again.  A couple of my buddies are using the CKX Mission helmet, and really like them.  Because I want a goggle setup, I came across the CKX Titan with heated goggles.  Just curious if anyone has tried this thing or has first hand knowledge of it being good, bad, or other??  This is what it looks like:

image.png.69fa5f7e51621c17e7b6938d6b666f0b.png

I have a Titan that came with two different goggles but neither is heated…I really like the helmet. I also have a 509 Altitude Carbon Fiber that I bought from Anler a few years back…it’s pretty good but the 509 Delta I bought from my dealer is a massive piece of dung.😤

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1

Just pulled the trigger on the Titan with the heated goggles.  I was tempted to go with the carbon fiber option but "cheaped out" and went with the regular helmet.  When we don't get snow this season, you guys can thank me ... sorry!! LOL

• Like 4

brother just picked up a Titan as well, apparently he's done freezing his face with the MX helmet and goggles.  

I'm surprised with all the other gear they sell that Klim doesn't offer a sled specific snowmobile helmet.  

• Like 1

I read some feedback regarding the carbon fiber version of Mission's helmets don't seem to be noticeably different than the standard helmets as far as the feel/weight goes.  Makes me happy that I 'cheaped out' and went with the standard version.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Bontz said:

I read some feedback regarding the carbon fiber version of Mission's helmets don't seem to be noticeably different than the standard helmets as far as the feel/weight goes.  Makes me happy that I 'cheaped out' and went with the standard version.

13 minutes ago, 1995xcr600 said:

If I was in the market (and an American) I'd check this out. 

I initially ordered a Mission but for the life of me I could not get it adjusted correctly or make it work…sent it back and got a Titan.👌🏻

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I initially ordered a Mission but for the life of me I could not get it adjusted correctly or make it work…sent it back and got a Titan.👌🏻

I'm still searching for my helmet.  Wore a BV2S for years, upgraded to an Oxygen which was awesome on the cold days, but hated how it took 20 minutes to warm up if you stopped for a few minutes, and forget it if you're not plugged in or have a cord failure.  Ran that 2 years and bought a Mission.  Never could get it to fit right, always had the nose piece resting on the tip of my nose, drove me nuts.  Then the internal visor mechanism failed so I had to just ride without it for the rest of the season.  Got a full refund on that, bought an Exome last year.  Not a bad helmet for the money, pretty much just an updated modular.  The magnetic mouth piece is a pain in the ass at times to get reattached, like ridiculous.  Now I see Skidoo has some new whiz bang ultimate helmet around a grand or more.  I may go back to a Mission and just make sure I get the right size/nose piece combo, cuz short of the original BV2S, is the only helmet I've been able to run without a plug, have good visibility without fogging.

• Like 3

I currently have an older setup: 509 Altitude carbon and Sinister goggles with the photocromatic lenses, which works well for me.  I just can't go without tinted lenses.  Before these goggles I had a set of the Scott 89xi with the similar tinting lenses.

• Like 1

Just now, 1995xcr600 said:

I currently have an older setup: 509 Altitude carbon and Sinister goggles with the photocromatic lenses, which works well for me.  I just can't go without tinted lenses.  Before these goggles I had a set of the Scott 89xi with the similar tinting lenses.

Similar setup that I've been using the past several years ... with the main difference being I've been using the Kingpin goggles.  Two things I don't like with the 509 is, one - it's a pretty noisy helmet, and two - it literally shrinks in cold temps.  I used to think it was just me, but my buddy with the same helmet would complain about the same thing when we'd get to a stop on a really cold day/night & taking off our helmets.

Last year was the first time I'd ever experienced issues with my goggles starting to freeze up on me, and I swore I would never go through that again.  So, it's on to the Titan helmet this year & keeping my fingers crossed it works well.

6 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Similar setup that I've been using the past several years ... with the main difference being I've been using the Kingpin goggles.  Two things I don't like with the 509 is, one - it's a pretty noisy helmet, and two - it literally shrinks in cold temps.  I used to think it was just me, but my buddy with the same helmet would complain about the same thing when we'd get to a stop on a really cold day/night & taking off our helmets.

Last year was the first time I'd ever experienced issues with my goggles starting to freeze up on me, and I swore I would never go through that again.  So, it's on to the Titan helmet this year & keeping my fingers crossed it works well.

I also have  Fly mx style set up that I'll occasionally wear on warmer or all off trail days.  Just not a fan in general of this kind of setup for the kind of riding we usually do.  I find myself always fiddle fuckin with my balaclava and goggles with air leakage.  Had a 509 helmet before that and it was even worse.  I know some guys love this set up, and I've never tried a Titan, but meh, I'll stick with full face/shield helmets  for the most part.

17 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Yes it is noisy, but not much more than another MX helmet I've worn.  The goggles let too much air through for my liking so I've blocked some of the vents off with painters tape. I've also removed the breath box, and blocked off the mouth opening with a thin piece of plastic (margarine tub) and wear a Klim Arctic balaclava.

Edited by 1995xcr600
update
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I also have  Fly mx style set up that I'll occasionally wear on warmer or all off trail days.  Just not a fan in general of this kind of setup for the kind of riding we usually do.  I find myself always fiddle fuckin with my balaclava and goggles with air leakage.  Had a 509 helmet before that and it was even worse.  I know some guys love this set up, and I've never tried a Titan, but meh, I'll stick with full face/shield helmets  for the most part.

The fitment of the 509 and goggles were definitely not an issue for me ... and honestly, that's my biggest concern with changing helmets.  I hope I don't get into any issues with exposure / air leaks.  I could wear my 509 in below zero temps and not have issues, so I hope I'll be able to say the same for the Titan.

4 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

I'm still searching for my helmet.  Wore a BV2S for years, upgraded to an Oxygen which was awesome on the cold days, but hated how it took 20 minutes to warm up if you stopped for a few minutes, and forget it if you're not plugged in or have a cord failure.  Ran that 2 years and bought a Mission.  Never could get it to fit right, always had the nose piece resting on the tip of my nose, drove me nuts.  Then the internal visor mechanism failed so I had to just ride without it for the rest of the season.  Got a full refund on that, bought an Exome last year.  Not a bad helmet for the money, pretty much just an updated modular.  The magnetic mouth piece is a pain in the ass at times to get reattached, like ridiculous.  Now I see Skidoo has some new whiz bang ultimate helmet around a grand or more.  I may go back to a Mission and just make sure I get the right size/nose piece combo, cuz short of the original BV2S, is the only helmet I've been able to run without a plug, have good visibility without fogging.

Same problem I had with the Mission.

4 hours ago, 1995xcr600 said:

I used to have a couple pair of those Scott goggles….work great.

don't have a heated shield plug on my sleds, and don't want cords dangling around or in the way.  Mission for me required very minimal fiddling around with the cheek pads, and probably three adjustments on the nose piece for great fit, zero fogging and warm in any temps.  this stated, a few very warm and more humid days I started a bit of fogging which was as simple as pulling off the chin curtain and sticking it in my coat pocket.  one thing I'd like if/when they change it is for more or bigger fresh air ports into the breath box. 

I think regardless of what my or others opinions are it probably makes a substantial difference if you run an actual windshield or if your sled has a little speedometer/gauge deflector.   

On 11/22/2023 at 5:40 PM, Bontz said:

the carbon part makes up so little of the helmet the difference isn't big. but it certainly looks cool!

On 11/22/2023 at 4:40 PM, Bontz said:

I’ve held both in my hands and couldn’t tell the difference in weight.  I believe the difference is something like 3 ounces.

On 11/21/2023 at 6:01 AM, Crnr2Crnr said:

brother just picked up a Titan as well, apparently he's done freezing his face with the MX helmet and goggles.  

I'm surprised with all the other gear they sell that Klim doesn't offer a sled specific snowmobile helmet.  

Agreed.  I don’t get it (with the big gap in Klim’s product lineup).

On 11/22/2023 at 4:40 PM, Bontz said:

I read some feedback regarding the carbon fiber version of Mission's helmets don't seem to be noticeably different than the standard helmets as far as the feel/weight goes.  .

Super noticeable on the titan.  I ordered both and kept the carbon.

21 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

I'm still searching for my helmet.  Wore a BV2S for years, upgraded to an Oxygen which was awesome on the cold days, but hated how it took 20 minutes to warm up if you stopped for a few minutes, and forget it if you're not plugged in or have a cord failure.  Ran that 2 years and bought a Mission.  Never could get it to fit right, always had the nose piece resting on the tip of my nose, drove me nuts.  

Had a bv2 as well.  Heavy piece of crap.  It was awful on warm days and fogged on cold unless you were super careful.  No warmer than an mx helmet either.  Thought at that point in my life it would solve my glasses fogging but nope.  Got rid of it years ago for mx style and haven't been cold or fogged since.

20 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

I find myself always fiddle fuckin with my balaclava and goggles with air leakage.  

Need the right pieces to avoid that.  Fly, Klim Arctic and googles that fit the fly are huge.  Then no leaks ever.  Loved my fly until I found the titan.

12 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Mission for me required very minimal fiddling around with the cheek pads, and probably three adjustments on the nose piece for great fit, zero fogging and warm in any temps. 

You don't have a fat or round head.  The titan/mission don't fit well in fat round faces.

• Like 2

• Gold Member
On 11/23/2023 at 9:05 AM, Jimmy Snacks said:

They have 2 sizes of breath deflector. I ordered both just to be sure. Using the correct size definitely makes a difference. 

• Thanks 1