Check your account email address ×

Tool kits

Don't need one when sleds are under a Stop/Ride!! :lol:

I kid, I kid!!!  I have a kit similar to what Polaris used to provide and keep it in the storage bag under the seat.  It consists of  3-piece tow rope setup, plug wrench with the insert head screw driver, a pocket/fold out allen wrench set (metric), 10mm socket and wrench, zip ties, some electrical tape and a vice-grip.  My buddy reminded me I need to get a pocket saw in there too..

• Gold Member

Any one ever use that Cruz tool kit Poo offers? Fucking bullshit they don't give a basic tool kit anymore. Between that and having to buy aux lights, I just might shit in a box and mail it to them!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Any one ever use that Cruz tool kit Poo offers? Fucking bullshit they don't give a basic tool kit anymore. Between that and having to buy aux lights, I just might shit in a box and mail it to them!

Yeah, those punch lights are a joke - or at least the need for them is a joke.  Talk about a step backwards in their headlights - it pisses me off.  I thought the AXYS headlights were some of the best in the industry, but the Matryx headlights suck ass.  I will say, the punch lights did a great job in our U.P. trip last year as we rode the last 60+ miles in a good storm.  My niece's husband had punch lights on his Assault and I rode right next to him most of the way on the railroad bed trail.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
Just now, Bontz said:

Yeah, those punch lights are a joke - or at least the need for them is a joke.  Talk about a step backwards in their headlights - it pisses me off.  I thought the AXYS headlights were some of the best in the industry, but the Matryx headlights suck ass.  I will say, the punch lights did a great job in our U.P. trip last year as we rode the last 60+ miles in a good storm.  My niece's husband had punch lights on his Assault and I rode right next to him most of the way on the railroad bed trail.

Yeah I just can't get passed the notion that Faglaris planned this and then priced the punch lights stupid high. I'm to angry to buy them.

• Like 1

Cat stopped sending tool kits a few years back. I don’t take a tool kit anymore just a tow rope. The way the newer sleds are now you can’t really fix anything on the side of the trail. I always made my own with the Chinese tool sale 

19 hours ago, Deephaven said:

I put a wrench on every bolt on the machine and then laid out tools to reach them and the rest of my normal kit.  Doesn't fit in the storage space of the XCR though so I need to grab a tunnel bag. :(

Mostly the same here.  Combined with some bailing wire, a small roll of duct/pipe hanger, and appropriate cutting tools, came in handy a few times over the years!  

DCEB6AAE-5122-4BEE-8B0F-7AEEEDD0F70F.jpeg

CA85C201-84BD-4E6B-AD9E-62D9FE6FFEC0.jpeg

8E398FD5-2640-4332-B693-695EAB39A680.jpeg

Edited by Mag6240
  • Like 2

Simple things in the sled

Satellite phone w/ # for dial a prayer 

Spark plug wrench

Wrench ) tools to adjust shocks & suspension

Small Vice Grips

Wire ties, soft flexible tying wire, duct tape.

Tow rope + spare belt.

SUV / Truck is different...

1)4" & 3/8" sockets , 

Metric wrenches

Screw drivers, pry bars , Mapp Torch, tapes, wire ties shop supplies ..  even a propane heater for the trailer.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

Mostly the same here.  Combined with some bailing wire, a small roll of duct/pipe hanger, and appropriate cutting tools, came in handy a few times over the years!  

DCEB6AAE-5122-4BEE-8B0F-7AEEEDD0F70F.jpeg

Seems a little excessive to keep a guy from leaving the parking brake on!! 😁😁

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Potatodigger1 said:

Seems a little excessive to keep a guy from leaving the parking brake on!! 😁😁

He went off trail, brushed a tree on his way deep into the woods breaking the mounts for the whole brake handle assembly...  I have no idea how that was the only thing destroyed, but this got us home without a tow!

Edited by Mag6240
  • Like 2

When’d they stop including tool kits? That’s bullshit. The prices keep increasing and now you get even less? The ‘22 Matryx sleds came with tool kits. 

And I second that the Maytrx headlight sucks ass. The Axys and Pro-ride both had better headlights. 

Edited by AK440

20 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

I bought the tool bag from Klim and walked around Harbor Freight for 10 minutes.  I'll try to remember to take a picture of what I put in there.

How is that bag?

I have been using a tool wrap for years that worked quite well.  It was small enough to carry on the bars and kept the tools tight with a cinch strap/buckle system.  The variety of pockets worked well with some sewn tight along with adjustable velcro versions.  I see that the bag has been discontinued and I've been on a quest to find a suitable replacement.  It seems like quite a few bags are too big and cumbersome.

Sounds like many of us have a similar method for tools.  We carry just the tools we need.  We also need them easy to access and use in cold.