Check your account email address ×

What's for dinner????

ckf

11 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Not sure where in Punta Cana you are, but we stayed at Eden Roc for a wedding and my buddies said the golf course was unreal.  

We’re kinda ghetto’ing it (it feels like). My third time here & this is, by far, the least impressive. Food’s okay though 

2 hours ago, Bontz said:

We’re kinda ghetto’ing it (it feels like). My third time here & this is, by far, the least impressive. Food’s okay though 

Eden roc is far from gettoing it.  I wouldn't have picked it but I wasn't getting married.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Hot sausage and instant Idaho mash potatos. Dam they are good. You tried them before @ckf?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Hot sausage and instant Idaho mash potatos. Dam they are good. You tried them before @ckf?

I can't say as though I have. I've always liked the fake mashed potatoes and gravy at KFC :thumbsup:

Tonight was breakfast for dinner. Scrambled eggs, sausage patties and wheat toast with homemade strawberry jam.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

I can't say as though I have. I've always liked the fake mashed potatoes and gravy at KFC :thumbsup:

Tonight was breakfast for dinner. Scrambled eggs, sausage patties and wheat toast with homemade strawberry jam.

Give them a try.

Screenshot_20240402_191333.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, Deephaven said:

Back woods camping staple right there.

I've never had the dang things before! Was i missing out!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

I much prefer real ones, but I never go camping without them.  For a dehydrated product that isn't a noodle they are about the best.

Well ya I've always bought real potatos. My wife grabbed these for me to try while shes gone home for a week or so. 

So, doing a little freezer purge, we just got the steer back from the butcher shop and they accidentally sent a 1/4 out with the wrong person!  Deal is we are almost a full year ahead on beef, so we basically have 6 quarters of beef in the freezer and we are full up.  Instead of buying a fourth freezer (this prepper shit is getting out of hand…) I am cleaning out the vegetable/fruit freezer a bit.

We have had a few years of excellent apple harvest so I thought I might whip up 4 or 5 apple crisps to free up the freezer space.  Then fill it back up with the crisps!  :lol:

Grabbed about 15 lbs of apples. To start.

IMG_1575.jpeg

I love cooking, but baking is my #1 favorite.  :bc:
Neal

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

So, doing a little freezer purge, we just got the steer back from the butcher shop and they accidentally sent a 1/4 out with the wrong person!  Deal is we are almost a full year ahead on beef, so we basically have 6 quarters of beef in the freezer and we are full up.  Instead of buying a fourth freezer (this prepper shit is getting out of hand…) I am cleaning out the vegetable/fruit freezer a bit.

We have had a few years of excellent apple harvest so I thought I might whip up 4 or 5 apple crisps to free up the freezer space.  Then fill it back up with the crisps!  :lol:

Grabbed about 15 lbs of apples. To start.

IMG_1575.jpeg

I love cooking, but baking is my #1 favorite.  :bc:
Neal

Do you have to prep the apples at all to freeze them? I always thought they would turn brown so I never tried freezing them.

1 hour ago, ckf said:

Pizza and fries.

You know I can honestly say Ive never had that combination that I can remember.  :lol:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

They are just shy of done, so a little baking to unthaw them should put them right on!

IMG_1588.jpeg

:bc:

Neal

So.ur baking them.until they freeze ?