Check your account email address ×

What's for dinner????

ckf

Shrimp cocktail, filet mignon, sauteed asparagus, mashed potatoes with a burgundy reduction gravy of some sorts, popovers and raspberry tarts for dessert.  All at ma's assisted living place which has a separate fairly high end dining room you can reserve when families want to join a resident for dinner.  There were 10 of us, and it was pretty damn good.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

Chicken makhani, brussel sprouts and some shit ass naan from the grocery store since I threw my shoulder out and didn't feel like hobbling through making bread.

WAKBEYI.jpg

Badger would have LOVED that meal :lmao: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

Chicken makhani, brussel sprouts and some shit ass naan from the grocery store since I threw my shoulder out and didn't feel like hobbling through making bread.

WAKBEYI.jpg

I've never cared for brussel sprouts. They actually make me gag. My wife loves them and puts them on my plate just to piss me off.

:lol:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

STOP FUCKING UP THE DINNER THREAD!!

You're extra cunty today. Going to be a good backread tonight!

13 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I've never cared for brussel sprouts. They actually make me gag. My wife loves them and puts them on my plate just to piss me off.

Cooked wrong and they are awful.  They MUST be parboiled in salt water first.  Makes a huge difference.

• Sad 1

On 9/28/2023 at 9:03 AM, HSR said:

Can you guys please leave the BS out of the dinner thread. Thanks:bc:

Irony 🤣

On 9/28/2023 at 9:19 AM, Bontz said:

Lighten up, Francis - it's not like there hasn't been other chit chat in this thread.  If you're so hell bent over it, feel free to delete every side conversation that's ever happened in here :news:

If you hadn't noticed - it's been civil conversation.

46 minutes ago, HSR said:

:lmao: Some guys don't look for a joke but instead wanna fight. Lighten up dude.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Steve753 said:

You're extra cunty today. Going to be a good backread tonight!

1 hour ago, HSR said:

:lmao: Some guys don't look for a joke but instead wanna fight. Lighten up dude.

Not cunty at all…just trying to play by the dinner thread rules so eat two dicks Steve Squared. 👍🏼😉

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

Chicken wings with Franks Red Hot

You guys and Frank's ... don't get me wrong, I "put that shit on everything!" too!!  But there's better options for sauce on your wings!  Toss 'em in some Asian Zing style sauce (BWW's) or one of the Sweet Baby Ray's flavors.  Dammit - you make me hungry for wings now! :bc:

2 minutes ago, Bontz said:

You guys and Frank's ... don't get me wrong, I "put that shit on everything!" too!!  But there's better options for sauce on your wings!  Toss 'em in some Asian Zing style sauce (BWW's) or one of the Sweet Baby Ray's flavors.  Dammit - you make me hungry for wings now! :bc:

I've been eating them dry lately with assorted spices.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Oh I use other seasonings for wings, Franks hit the spot tonight........ :thumbsup:

Dry seasons or other sauces..... Sriracha and honey 50/50 mix, bbq sauces and so on down the line

• Like 1

Lazy night, just did grilled cheese. Cappicola and provolone on rye for me and black forest ham and old cheddar on rye for the wife. Just some chips on the side.

14 minutes ago, HSR said:

Lazy night, just did grilled cheese. Cappicola and provolone on rye for me and black forest ham and old cheddar on rye for the wife. Just some chips on the side.

Same. Wifes gone for the weekend. Threw a steak in the air fryer and a baked potato in the microwave