Check your account email address ×

overtime rule change?

• Platinum Contributing Member
15 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Why do you keep stating if your employer cuts your OT, you will leave and get paid more then?

I have my own business doing systems integration throughout North America.  I don't get OT, your right I get paid with profits, my luck.:lol:

Because I can that's why...pretty simple. Why do you take such issue with it anyways? 6 figure salary and paid OT...my luck :lol:

2 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

For an employer this is a beautiful thing, as the employer gets to be the decider on the employees income and finances and you can bet your happy ass that the employer will decide in a manner that favors the employers welfare over employees welfare, God Bless America :saluting:

so the guy gets to decide how to run his own company? gets do decide how he treats his workers ? then the workers get to decide if this is the place they want to work ? 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Talk about people overreacting before they know the facts of the legislation and how it changes current law. :lol:  

To me the CNN article is EXACTLY what fake news is.   Use a headline and an omission of facts to push your propaganda.  

Edited by Highmark

2 hours ago, SnowRider said:

It looks like the thread is full of ignorant and naive Donald supporters - when was the last time the R's supported a workplace related initiative that benefited the employee over the employer?  Do you think the employers are supporting this because it benefits their employees more than themselves?  

And for the union Dumpers - there is nothing more ironic :lmao: and it won't be long before they come after your bennies and bend you over - hope you enjoy it :lol: And I won't feel sorry for you :bc: 

well it reads like this u blind bias hack

If an employee works more than 8 hours in a day or 40 in a week they can work with the employer and take those hours, times 1.5, as time off from work at a future date.  The exact date when these comp times hours can be exercised is agreed upon between the employee and the employer.  :groin:

you people are pathetic

Just now, Highmark said:

Talk about people overreacting before they know the facts of the legislation and how it changes current law. :lol:  

You think!!! The leftys  are foaming at the mouth over it. It's time for change! Do away with min. wage, over-time, etc. etc. make very one salary and pay them $200 a week and get assistance from the government. Sounds like Utopia to me......

WTF is wrong with vinney and taintrider. Do they even have the ability to read or did they read the proposed legislation and now decide to just lie about it. 

I guess we can add vinney and his taintriding buddy to the list of fake news spreaders.  Well, at least slinger wont be lonely. 

What a deceitful bunce of fucks. 

• Like 1

We are allowed to bank up to 80 hours at double time (120 if you are a member of the emergency response crew) as time off, non-replenishable for the fiscal year.  We also have the option to bank up to 45 hours at double time for an income stabilization bank, to maintain salary when on vacation or sick leave, and this is replenishable throughout the year.  Our contract is 1.5 hours guaranteed OT per day (all of our OT is 2x) as long as you are there to work it, hence the income stabilization bank.  We also have the opportunity to work much, much more than that, during maintenance and outages.  We are in a northern, remote work location.  I always fill up my banks, I like the time off.

Edited by low-1

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, low-1 said:

We are allowed to bank up to 80 hours at double time (120 if you are a member of the emergency response crew) as time off, non-replenishable for the fiscal year.  We also have the option to bank up to 45 hours at double time for an income stabilization bank, to maintain salary when on vacation or sick leave, and this is replenishable throughout the year.  Our contract is 1.5 hours guaranteed OT (all of our OT is 2x) as long as you are there to work it, hence the income stabilization bank.  We are in a northern, remote work location.  I always fill up my banks, I like the time off.

That is kick ass contract!

According to the legislation, there is a sunset clause  which stipulates that if you cant take your days off within 13 months of accruement then you must be paid for those hours at the overtime rate.  

This proposal gives employees and employers the options of managing overtime and time off in a different way. 

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

According to the legislation, there is a sunset clause  which stipulates that if you cant take your days off within 13 months of accruement then you must be paid for those hours at the overtime rate.  

This proposal gives employees and employers the options of managing overtime and time off in a different way. 

To bad some the usual suspects can't see it that way.....

• Gold Member
Just now, AKIQPilot said:

It's essential the same policy that is available to government employees.  Pretty good deal if the repubs can get it pushed through for us workers.  Gives us a choices as workers.

if the dems can't get behind this it just solidified that parties contempt for the American worker

Honestly guys, I can't seem to find one thing wrong with this. If anything, it is more damaging to the employers NOT the employees.  And even then it's minimal.  It's about creating a better working environment with more options for both sides.  

The "resistance" to this, like other things, is pure non-sense.  Just plain ridiculousness to the Nth degree.  SMH

4 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I am sure the unions won't like employers and employees communicating without them being involved.:lol:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I am sure the unions won't like employers and employees communicating without them being involved.:lol:

You just earned yourself a like mister.

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Honestly guys, I can't seem to find one thing wrong with this. If anything, it is more damaging to the employers NOT the employees.  And even then it's minimal.  It's about creating a better working environment with more options for both sides.  

The "resistance" to this, like other things, is pure non-sense.  Just plain ridiculousness to the Nth degree.  SMH

I read it is can be used for up to 160 hours  paid off.  I was hoping it would be more....  was hoping for several months off.  But a month off in addition to whatever else paid time of is a great deal....  or you can take the pay instead.  Your choice!!!

https://www.google.com/amp/thehill.com/regulation/labor/331645-house-passes-comp-time-bill%3Famp

The GOP legislation would allow private-sector companies to offer workers a choice between "comp time" and overtime pay. Workers could save as much as 160 hours - or about one month's worth - of paid time off. At the end of the year, their companies would pay them for any time off they don't use.

Employees would not be forced to take time off, if they prefer to cash in a bigger paycheck, Roby said.

14 minutes ago, T1R9sledder said:

To bad some the usual suspects can't see it that way.....

It's like the blind leading the blind. Don't care to read it, it came from Trump so it's bad bad bad.

• Like 2

Just now, Edmo said:

It's like the blind leading the blind. Don't care to read it, it came from Trump so it's bad bad bad.

So true if it came from a Dem. it would the greatest piece of legislation since ________________.

• Like 1

I offered that option to my team for a long time. They could get paid the O/T or bank the time at time and a half and use it at a later date that worked for both of us. One guy never took the O/T. He liked to play golf mid week and saved the time off for golf season. Everyone was happy.