Check your account email address ×

overtime rule change?

Just now, Ez ryder said:

think he is stuck in Gary lol? if so we should prob not push to hard he has to be close to killing him self already  

I try not to.  I don't know what series of poor decisions or situations outside his control led him there.  But living there has to put a man on the brink of homicide/suicide already.  

Don't push him!!!

16 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

really what did I post that was untrue?

iopqhdfpiuhqsdpiuvhpijdhvpiqhjnfdpivhqfvpiujqnefvpijnqefvijnqpeifvu

Just now, Let it Snow! said:

Saw the title of this and thought it was about hockey.........

carry on

There isn't enough intelligent posts in here for this to be aboot hockey.

Eh!....see what I did there?  "Aboot".  Respect.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

but what about the employees who want the comp time because there are plenty of them.

The employee should have the choice of if they want the $ ot bank the time off 

2 hours ago, Kivalo said:

If under stand that article right the employee chooses between time & 1/2 or time off BUT if the employee chooses time off, the employer decides when the employee can use the time.

Not sure how I feel about that really. I like the employee choice part.

Fuck that 

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

If R's were all for it and D's were all against it there is 0% chance this is a good idea for the worker. Fuck that shit

They all didn't support it 

2 hours ago, Woodtick said:

The big thing now is employers buying back vacation days from employees that want the cash. 

If I don't use all my vacation by the end of the year, I get a check for those days. 

Well would you look at that. Slinger posting more fake news. Who would have guessed. You've become quite untrustyworthy of late slinger. 

You are a total fucking hack dude.

According to what i just read.

The employee along with the employer get to decide if he gets paid time and a half or if they want to defer payment for comp time to be taken off in the future. In addition, the comp time is given at the time and a half rates.  If an employee works more than 8 hours in a day or 40 in a week they can work with the employer and take those hours, times 1.5, as time off from work at a future date.  The exact date when these comp times hours can be exercised is agreed upon between the employee and the employer. 

Nowhere does the proposed law say that employers can force employees to take comp time in lew of being paid. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-05-02/republicans-try-again-to-let-employers-offer-comp-for-overtime

WTF dude. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

I'm salaried non-exempt and I'm going to be pissed if they fuck with OT.  I dont work a lot of it, none the last 6 months, but my work goes in cycles so when I'm busy and working 60+ hours a week I better be getting that paid OT. I already have plenty of vacation and Holidays. Most times when I'm busy I can't even use it all. 

It looks like the thread is full of ignorant and naive Donald supporters - when was the last time the R's supported a workplace related initiative that benefited the employee over the employer?  Do you think the employers are supporting this because it benefits their employees more than themselves?  

And for the union Dumpers - there is nothing more ironic :lmao: and it won't be long before they come after your bennies and bend you over - hope you enjoy it :lol: And I won't feel sorry for you :bc: 

8 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

so awful paid vacation over overtime  yeah give my the paid vacation all day if I had a 9to5

Hey genius, it's me deciding whether I am going to pay you overtime for work you did, or deciding if I am going to give you paid time off............It will be the employers decision how your earned dollars get doled out not yours :lol:   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Hey genius, it's me deciding whether I am going to pay you overtime for work you did, or deciding if I am going to give you paid time off............It will be the employers decision how your earned dollars get doled out not yours :lol:   

Good thing my contract specifically spells out my overtime info. My employer can pound sand if they think they'll change it now. 

9 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

It looks like the thread is full of ignorant and naive Donald supporters - when was the last time the R's supported a workplace related initiative that benefited the employee over the employer?  Do you think the employers are supporting this because it benefits their employees more than themselves?  

And for the union Dumpers - there is nothing more ironic :lmao: and it won't be long before they come after your bennies and bend you over - hope you enjoy it :lol: And I won't feel sorry for you :bc: 

For an employer this is a beautiful thing, as the employer gets to be the decider on the employees income and finances and you can bet your happy ass that the employer will decide in a manner that favors the employers welfare over employees welfare, God Bless America :saluting:

2 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Good thing my contract specifically spells out my overtime info. My employer can pound sand if they think they'll change it now. 

The rules are a changing, so much time is left on your contract?

2 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Keeping with the spirit of the R's and Dumper's - what are your ramifications if they decide to :bigfinger: at you and your contract?  

Remember - both sides are the same - so why is this basically a party line vote except for the 6 R's? 

2 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

For an employer this is a beautiful thing, as the employer gets to be the decider on the employees income and finances and you can bet your happy ass that the employer will decide in a manner that favors the employers welfare over employees welfare, God Bless America :saluting:

:bc: But the mouthbreathers can't seem to grasp the concept :lol: 

5 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Bloomberg has a good article on it. Democrats points don't make any sense.  This is good for employees to have a choice.  Comp time is not cheaper for employer.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-05-02/republicans-try-again-to-let-employers-offer-comp-for-overtime

Hey lineman, fuck you and that extra coin you wanted to buy that toy, I'm giving you paid time off so fuck you and your toys :lol:  :lol: 

1 minute ago, SnowRider said:

:bc: But the mouthbreathers can't seem to grasp the concept :lol: 

Fuck working OT to get ahead paying the bills, or for buying that needed new car, or the kids college education, fuck you I'm giving you paid time off at my discretion and convenience.............You serve at my pleasure :thumb: