Check your account email address ×

French Election/Gay Granola Kayak Thread

• Gold Member
Just now, motonoggin said:

Compass lol. I'm looking at radar/charplotters but we're a year or so from needing it. 

There are several apps you can download to a smartphone until its time to buy a real one anyway. Nice boat man! :bc:

50 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Thanks! I'm a big fan of Chris Craft boats. They seem to be well made no matter the model or hull material. 

x2, any vintage.  Its a classic brand.  You should have some good times on that.  Guy up the street has a nice restored Chris Craft wood boat.  Thing is frikken gorgeous.  Something like this one.19-barrel-back-58n-038-9ino.thumb.jpg.3d7b8c6127580b8d4830953ff6b1e738.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

x2, any vintage.  Its a classic brand.  You should have some good times on that.  Guy up the street has a nice restored Chris Craft wood boat.  Thing is frikken gorgeous.  Something like this one.19-barrel-back-58n-038-9ino.thumb.jpg.3d7b8c6127580b8d4830953ff6b1e738.jpg

there are  a shit load of vintage chris  and hackers etc etc running around here . I have some picks some place from a wood boat show in Wayzata last yt . both the Cargill compound  and the Carlson compound have a fricking fleet of them at the docks  . just so much work . I know a guy around here who has done nothing but rebuild old chriscraft motors for like 30 yrs and he is doing just fine . he has to make a lot of the parts from scratch   

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

there are  a shit load of vintage chris  and hackers etc etc running around here . I have some picks some place from a wood boat show in Wayzata last yt . both the Cargill compound  and the Carlson compound have a fricking fleet of them at the docks  . just so much work . I know a guy around here who has done nothing but rebuild old chriscraft motors for like 30 yrs and he is doing just fine . he has to make a lot of the parts from scratch   

Yeah I understand the maintenance can be a mother effer on them.  Just keeping the wood in good shape alone has got to be a ton of hours every year.

42 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Man that thing is beautiful! 

2 hours ago, motonoggin said:

Thanks! I'm a big fan of Chris Craft boats. They seem to be well made no matter the model or hull material. 

they are deff thick heavy boats . no creeks and groins in bigger h20. some have blistering issues and mine is one of them . not bad but was a issue with them for a bit . pretty sure you are in the clear by 2000 I have prob 30 or 40 total  not the end of the wold just pop the new ones in the fall let them dry over the winter and fill with resin in the spring prob a hr a yr or less .

I think you have to have a wide load sign to yank that thing down the road don't you?  

did you get a good price on the trailer you got? in my looking over the yrs around here the 24 to 28 are gold and get the big bucks and go fast the 14 to 22 are a dime a dozen millions around go cheep the the huge trailers are also not in demand and sit for a long long time because most guys with a 30 foot or better  have the marina do everything because they can.

my trailer is a total pile of shit way to underrated for what I use it for but it is nothing but a storage trailer . goes from launch to my driveway to get ready for winter and to storage less than 6 miles total a year. and that 3 mi a season makes me nervous lol   

like the custom old shit ratchet strap nose tie down and the squatting tires .guy had a 22 alloy 6cyl I/O boat on it I have a 25 glass v8 only like 2500lb diff  

chris craft snow.png

Edited by Ez ryder

45 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

they are deff thick heavy boats . no creeks and groins in bigger h20. some have blistering issues and mine is one of them . not bad but was a issue with them for a bit . pretty sure you are in the clear by 2000 I have prob 30 or 40 total  not the end of the wold just pop the new ones in the fall let them dry over the winter and fill with resin in the spring prob a hr a yr or less .

I think you have to have a wide load sign to yank that thing down the road don't you?  

did you get a good price on the trailer you got? in my looking over the yrs around here the 24 to 28 are gold and get the big bucks and go fast the 14 to 22 are a dime a dozen millions around go cheep the the huge trailers are also not in demand and sit for a long long time because most guys with a 30 foot or better  have the marina do everything because they can.

my trailer is a total pile of shit way to underrated for what I use it for but it is nothing but a storage trailer . goes from launch to my driveway to get ready for winter and to storage less than 6 miles total a year. and that 3 mi a season makes me nervous lol   

like the custom old shit ratchet strap nose tie down and the squatting tires .guy had a 22 alloy 6cyl I/O boat on it I have a 25 glass v8 only like 2500lb diff  

chris craft snow.png

Yeah I found a dual axle aluminum. 10,000# capacity. Boat weighs 9000#. We're right at the limit but I think it'll be fine. I paid a little over $3k for the trailer.

Yeah I'm supposed to have a permit to haul it. Not sure if I'll get one, everyone says not to.

Just now, motonoggin said:

Yeah I found a dual axle aluminum. 10,000# capacity. Boat weighs 9000#. We're right at the limit but I think it'll be fine. I paid a little over $3k for the trailer.

Yeah I'm supposed to have a permit to haul it. Not sure if I'll get one, everyone says not to.

yeah I would prob let her buck and just do it . I would find a wide load sign then they will assume you are on the up and up . you yank with no sign you will get pulled over yanking a wide body hell at min I would yank it out in Wayzata so you can hit the freeway you pull through these parts you will get pulled over with no signage the cops around here can spot a wide body with no sign from a mi away they are trained to know what trailers should look like to boat size . lol I yank my shit in the dark of night .

you can get a cheep banner or make one out of Yellow paint and plywood . if we do not hook up do not Pull at the big launches in like spring park or south end of Wayzata because they are always staffed with DNR and will call you on permits and trailer rating etc . there are like 18 launch spots on the lake only 2 are manned . those 2 are the nicest but who gives a shit  

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

yeah I would prob let her buck and just do it . I would find a wide load sign then they will assume you are on the up and up . you yank with no sign you will get pulled over yanking a wide body hell at min I would yank it out in Wayzata so you can hit the freeway you pull through these parts you will get pulled over with no signage the cops around here can spot a wide body with no sign from a mi away they are trained to know what trailers should look like to boat size . lol I yank my shit in the dark of night .

you can get a cheep banner or make one out of Yellow paint and plywood . if we do not hook up do not Pull at the big launches in like spring park or south end of Wayzata because they are always staffed with DNR and will call you on permits and trailer rating etc . there are like 18 launch spots on the lake only 2 are manned . those 2 are the nicest but who gives a shit  

Yeah I might get a permit just for MN. 

WI won't give me one. Something to do with dot #s or something. Fuck em. Probably do it at night midweek I think. 

• Gold Member
27 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

How much over the limit are you?  My boat is 6 inches to wide and I have never even been asked about it.

20 hours ago, motonoggin said:

Compass lol. I'm looking at radar/charplotters but we're a year or so from needing it. 

almost everyone around here buys from hamliton marine. i had a garmin on my other boat. it was ok at best. accurate it was not. this boat i have a furno . way better. its plotter sounder radar and weather fax. one big advantage is being able to over lay the radar on the plotter. a lot of the lobster fishermen use hondex. said they were simple and tuff. claimed they were made by honda . 

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

@Zambroski could you edit the thread title again.to reflect the recent change in the tread discussion :lol: 

oh you act like revkevsdi wont be along shortly to swoon us with tails of racing his offshore fountain like a real man  . but then got board so he switched to class 5 rapids on a real mans boat

revkevsdi cunt.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kivalo said:

How much over the limit are you?  My boat is 6 inches to wide and I have never even been asked about it.

24". It's a 10'6" beam

1 hour ago, snowstorm said:

almost everyone around here buys from hamliton marine. i had a garmin on my other boat. it was ok at best. accurate it was not. this boat i have a furno . way better. its plotter sounder radar and weather fax. one big advantage is being able to over lay the radar on the plotter. a lot of the lobster fishermen use hondex. said they were simple and tuff. claimed they were made by honda . 

Cool I'll check those out!