Check your account email address ×

French Election/Gay Granola Kayak Thread

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, Dave said:

:lol:

Ya i looked on fb too...she keeos those puppys covered up good.

It's alright.....I believe you! I don't need their names or pictures for proof since I know I'm not the only guy to see boobs before. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ckf said:

A buddy of mine used to be in a paddling club with Erik's parents. I guess he was a natural at paddling from childhood. We got a chance to talk with him about it at an outdoor retailers show.

SUP's were just starting to take off when I moved to VT. We were renting them at the time, but not selling many.

Yeah natural ability and drive. That guy had it in spades. Even after spending the whole day on the river we would be paddling on the easy water to the take out. EJ would paddle by us like he was in a training session.  He'd spent all day in his boat teaching but still working out at the end of the day. He did it all. Class V downriver races Olympic slalom and freestyle. Then a boat designer and manufacturer. 

Now his son his kicking ass everywhere.  

22 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Yeah natural ability and drive. That guy had it in spades. Even after spending the whole day on the river we would be paddling on the easy water to the take out. EJ would paddle by us like he was in a training session.  He'd spent all day in his boat teaching but still working out at the end of the day. He did it all. Class V downriver races Olympic slalom and freestyle. Then a boat designer and manufacturer. 

Now his son his kicking ass everywhere.  

Check out this video of a local creek run from where I used to live in NH. I grew up fishing and swimming in Cold Brook, but have never kayaked it. During the summer we used to slide down some of the waterfalls when the water level was low. I don't think the water temp ever got up to much more than 50F even during the heat of the summer, LOL.

43 minutes ago, ckf said:

Check out this video of a local creek run from where I used to live in NH. I grew up fishing and swimming in Cold Brook, but have never kayaked it. During the summer we used to slide down some of the waterfalls when the water level was low. I don't think the water temp ever got up to much more than 50F even during the heat of the summer, LOL.

Cool thanks. That's become my favourite type of run. Lots of boofs and slides and continuous gradient. Not too pushy for an old guy. Notice how that guy was having a smooth run until his swim  ?  Suddenly he was tipping over in anything. It's such a mental game.  

here's a clip of moosefest. A few shots of our group are in here. Some even upright. 

The last drop they show  is crystal it's wild. All kinds of technical shit to fuck you up at the beginning of the run and bone and boat breaking rocks at the end. You're so tired at the end of the day as well. I've had so many close calls there. I have a smooth run half the time and walk it or am in survival mode the other half. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Get her this attachment for the Seadoo instead.:lol:

I have been strapped in t a few diff brands of jet boards and packs . my bud has the x pack . a few reps have dropped them off for a week at a buds jetski shop the packs are ez and fun for a bit but the novelty is over after a bit. the board styles are deff tricky to get the hang of and you will face plant a few times under jet power especially if you bud in the ski starts fucking with you with some extra throttle. wholesale is like 5800bucks.

have you been on the jet surfboards/wake boards  ? they are fun  as hell if you have a smooth body of h20 or like a semi wide creek   

47 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I have been strapped in t a few diff brands of jet boards and packs . my bud has the x pack . a few reps have dropped them off for a week at a buds jetski shop the packs are ez and fun for a bit but the novelty is over after a bit. the board styles are deff tricky to get the hang of and you will face plant a few times under jet power especially if you bud in the ski starts fucking with you with some extra throttle. wholesale is like 5800bucks.

have you been on the jet surfboards/wake boards  ? they are fun  as hell if you have a smooth body of h20 or like a semi wide creek   

Sounds like a fair description.

I have not tried the jetboards, they do look like fun, tbh i will stick to the skis as they are more practical for us.  Easy to tow and launch.

18 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Sounds like a fair description.

I have not tried the jetboards, they do look like fun, tbh i will stick to the skis as they are more practical for us.  Easy to tow and launch.

well you have the ski so now just dump the 7500 for the jet pack lol . better yet if they are sea doo best save your pennies for supercharger rebuilds and always rebuild them at the completely ridiculously low hour intervals or you will prob be sorry . it is shocking just how many supercharged doo s come in  to buds shop junked out from blown chargers . some under recommended hrs  

7 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

well you have the ski so now just dump the 7500 for the jet pack lol . better yet if they are sea doo best save your pennies for supercharger rebuilds and always rebuild them at the completely ridiculously low hour intervals or you will prob be sorry . it is shocking just how many supercharged doo s come in  to buds shop junked out from blown chargers . some under recommended hrs  

They are Kawis so no worries.lol.

Mine are Rotary valve 800 two stroke couches :ylsuper: Although the one needs a new wear ring / impeller and maybe more so it's still up on land. Now way in hell I'll buy a new one for the price when I get bored with them rather quickly. Just nice to have them when friends and family come over. Hell I won't even buy a brand new sled for the 14+ grand each it would cost me.

Any of you guys have experience with the Kawi stand ups? I've been tossing around the idea of getting one of those for the Shits & Giggles factor

2 hours ago, Skidooski said:

Mine are Rotary valve 800 two stroke couches :ylsuper: Although the one needs a new wear ring / impeller and maybe more so it's still up on land. Now way in hell I'll buy a new one for the price when I get bored with them rather quickly. Just nice to have them when friends and family come over. Hell I won't even buy a brand new sled for the 14+ grand each it would cost me.

Any of you guys have experience with the Kawi stand ups? I've been tossing around the idea of getting one of those for the Shits & Giggles factor

the kawi stand ups are better for rough water and cursing is not the right word  but more stable when just out ridding around . the yammi is more fun for tricks bit more responsive in tight situations . but a good kawi 650 can be had for well south of a grand less than the yammi . the yammi is deff the more  in demand but they both are solid options and equally reliable . as far as rings go I would only be using oem on the seadoo right now my bud was having issues with both of the aftermarket options he had been using for years last year they are just not manufacturing to tolerance any longer  . prob old molds they don't want to replace?

check out the compartment on this trick ski over 35k in to her it is in a rickter carbon hull . very squirmy to ride . it is no kayak  but she will do in a pinch

20160617_115752.jpg

Edited by Ez ryder

13 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

the kawi stand ups are better for rough water and cursing is not the right word  but more stable when just out ridding around . the yammi is more fun for tricks bit more responsive in tight situations . but a good kawi 650 can be had for well south of a grand less than the yammi . the yammi is deff the more  in demand but they both are solid options and equally reliable . as far as rings go I would only be using oem on the seadoo right now my bud was having issues with both of the aftermarket options he had been using for years last year they are just not manufacturing to tolerance any longer  . prob old molds they don't want to replace?

check out the compartment on this trick ski over 35k in to her it is in a rickter carbon hull . very squirmy to ride . it is no kayak  but she will do in a pinch

20160617_115752.jpg

Ha...that's one of the reasons why I haven't bought an older stand up because I'd end up wanting one of the new pricey hulls etc. I see some older ones local but just look beat to shit honestly. The one you posted a pic of looks like you could eat off of it AND it looks much easier to work on then the damn Sea Doos I have. Just to replace a starter you need to be a fucking contortionist! Just doesn't go well with two separate back issues and some neck problems. 

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

always been the quality . only ones worth buying other than yammi .

Well the Kawis were priced great with 5 year bumper to bumper warranty.  FYI, I like yammi.  Old username was Yamahadude.:lol:

8 hours ago, Skidooski said:

Ha...that's one of the reasons why I haven't bought an older stand up because I'd end up wanting one of the new pricey hulls etc. I see some older ones local but just look beat to shit honestly. The one you posted a pic of looks like you could eat off of it AND it looks much easier to work on then the damn Sea Doos I have. Just to replace a starter you need to be a fucking contortionist! Just doesn't go well with two separate back issues and some neck problems. 

the stand ups are all pretty ez to work on . hell a yammi 650 long block with a 1 yr can be had for under 500 and a kawi for like 700

most of the stand ups have had hard life's. I have driven 3 and 4 hrs many time to buy clean ones because they are gold this time of yr.

hell the old square nose yammi is a great ski  . the brand new "comp only yammis are crazy expensive what 7500 bucks or something ?

with a bad back and neck I don't see you needing to upgrade much past a old stocker. the Yammi  kept some power on the table light porting Factory brand pipe and  jets relly perks them up . the kawi is pretty much no point they got most of the power out of them from the factory .   

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Well the Kawis were priced great with 5 year bumper to bumper warranty.  FYI, I like yammi.  Old username was Yamahadude.:lol:

Did you fall and hit your head? :lol:

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

You never know just how many "friends" you have until you buy a decent sized boat. :lol:

Or live on a lake. We had all kinds of company when we lived on the lake in NH during the summer. In the winter, not so much :lol:

• Like 1