Check your account email address ×

French Election/Gay Granola Kayak Thread

• Platinum Contributing Member
25 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Fuck no!!!!!!!  Another missed opportunity

For you to be a fat head self centered cunt?  You haven't missed a chance yet  :thumb: 

Edited by Skidooski

5 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

They are better with the Indian chief logo on the side. That makes them faster. 

Capable of class IV whitewater on the Dave and Skidooski scale. 

stupid fuck stain

Trolling motor and oar locks. Lol

Dont forget the big foam pads to stop it from flipping.  

Those ethafoam seats were comfortable enough for Grandma  

That's a canoe 99% of freedom sledder contributors would love to use once and hang in their garage forever  

stupid little cunt

If you want to talk about the merits of that boat,I will.  My father bought one in the 70's. They are fine for kids floating around a lake. If you put a motor on it for fishing it is stable. They are really light weight so you won't toss your back out carrying it. 

But the downsides are it is wide and unresponsive. That was the first canoe I paddled. It was uninspiring to say the least. I was at a friends cottage when I was a kid and he had a real flat water canoe. Some Wooden boat from the 50's. That thing was fast and my buddy knew how to paddle. Made a huge difference to boating. 

I would be that boats like the sportspal turned more people off canoes than on. 

kayaking  has the same thing. Whether it is sea kayaks or whitewater. Someone shows up with a pelican kayak and wants to paddle with our club. They can fumble down the river a low water and make it. But the boats are slow and sluggish.  They don't enjoy them. Put them in a properly sized, purpose built boat and the difference is night and day. 

You go boy you school the guy who has been in the canoe and kayak business his whole adult life . wow are you some sort of expert or do you just work the holiday inn glory hole every night

Edited by Ez ryder
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

If you want to talk about the merits of that boat,I will.  My father bought one in the 70's. They are fine for kids floating around a lake. If you put a motor on it for fishing it is stable. They are really light weight so you won't toss your back out carrying it. 

But the downsides are it is wide and unresponsive. That was the first canoe I paddled. It was uninspiring to say the least. I was at a friends cottage when I was a kid and he had a real flat water canoe. Some Wooden boat from the 50's. That thing was fast and my buddy knew how to paddle. Made a huge difference to boating. 

I would be that boats like the sportspal turned more people off canoes than on. 

kayaking  has the same thing. Whether it is sea kayaks or whitewater. Someone shows up with a pelican kayak and wants to paddle with our club. They can fumble down the river a low water and make it. But the boats are slow and sluggish.  They don't enjoy them. Put them in a properly sized, purpose built boat and the difference is night and day. 

I know what the merits of the Sportspal / Radisson are. I've probably sold 500 hundred of them over the year. The typical customer that they were sold to were fisherman looking for a stable platform to fish from, and light enough to carry in to a remote pond. You can dip water in to the canoe without tipping it over because of the sponsons.

32 minutes ago, ckf said:

I know what the merits of the Sportspal / Radisson are. I've probably sold 500 hundred of them over the year. The typical customer that they were sold to were fisherman looking for a stable platform to fish from, and light enough to carry in to a remote pond. You can dip water in to the canoe without tipping it over because of the sponsons.

so they were pussys ha? real men buy only boats to run class 5 rapids in there mind . every one knows that

5 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

so they were pussys ha? real men buy only boats to run class 5 rapids in there mind . every one knows tha

Yeah, that's it. Truth is the WW kayaking makes up a very small portion of the kayak business. If manufactures had to survive on WW kayaks there wouldn't be many, if any still around.

2 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

McRib doesn't know what he is talking aboot. He needs to join a paddling club.:lol2:

Nope, I don't have a clue :lol:

• Like 1

with the amount the 2 in my garage have been used I wish I would have went with the wallmart 200 buck option . I would no feel so bad pulling them down and putting them on the curb with a free sign . I also think if I went with the cheep short things from menards or wall mart I would not have to keep wasting cash and the time to get   licenses for them because I think in MN 11ft or less human power needs no tabs

8 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

with the amount the 2 in my garage have been used I wish I would have went with the wallmart 200 buck option . I would no feel so bad pulling them down and putting them on the curb with a free sign . I also think if I went with the cheep short things from menards or wall mart I would not have to keep wasting cash and the time to get   licenses for them because I think in MN 11ft or less human power needs no tabs

Reminds me to dump mine off at the sil cottage so her renters can put them to use.  Same thing i did with my aluminum 14' and peddle boat.

8 hours ago, ckf said:

Yeah, that's it. Truth is the WW kayaking makes up a very small portion of the kayak business. If manufactures had to survive on WW kayaks there wouldn't be many, if any still around.

You don't say.

7 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Reminds me to dump mine off at the sil cottage so her renters can put them to use.  Same thing i did with my aluminum 14' and peddle boat.

We sold off our paddle boat 2 years ago because it never got used and thinking of brooming the kayaks now as well. Living on the lake we just use the 2 Sea Doo's and the Pontoon boat and the kayaks are just lawn ornaments now hanging up. GF want's one of those $1500 stand up paddle boards now though lol

Edited by Skidooski

10 hours ago, ckf said:

Nope, I don't have a clue :lol:

of course it makes a small portion of the sport. Most people can handle flatwater. Jackson kayaks have been winning the worlds for years and they had to supplement their income by making Walmart boats. Remember "Sell Volkswagen's and you'll drive a Cadillac. "?

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

. GF want's one of those $1500 stand up paddle boards now though lol

borrow 1 or rent one first I cured my wife of that bull shit . when I brought it back to buds house he was like FUCK I thought you were going to keep the fucking thing so I could quit moving it from corner to corner storing it  

6 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

of course it makes a small portion of the sport. Most people can handle flatwater. Jackson kayaks have been winning the worlds for years and they had to supplement their income by making Walmart boats. Remember "Sell Volkswagen's and you'll drive a Cadillac. "?

guess the world is just not as extreme as you are in your mind  

5 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

borrow 1 or rent one first I cured my wife of that bull shit . when I brought it back to buds house he was like FUCK I thought you were going to keep the fucking thing so I could quit moving it from corner to corner storing it  

That's how it all started for me....I rented a couple nice ones for the girls to try and the loved it. They want them so they can paddle on the lake with our 90 # German Shepard puppy :lol: $3000 grand worth of paddle boards hanging where they kayaks currently are at...I don't think so lol

14 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

stupid fuck stain

stupid little cunt

You go boy you school the guy who has been in the canoe and kayak business his whole adult life . wow are you some sort of expert or do you just work the holiday inn glory hole every night

You go girl. Let it all out. Have a nice cry. Lol. Triggered.