Check your account email address ×

2024 Ski Doo

• Platinum Contributing Member
18 minutes ago, Badger** said:

And he claimed I was off-topic. :snack:Not a bad idea but it only took them 15 years to catch on.  

ydf7i.jpg

Butthurt noted.

:bc:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Badger** said:

And he claimed I was off-topic. :snack:Not a bad idea but it only took them 15 years to catch on.  

ydf7i.jpg

right behind the last guy with his green light on is a group of people moving quicker waiting to pass them, most likely riding Arctic Cats.  

:)

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Badger** said:

ydf7i.jpg

In the video about the water injection, they briefly showed the left handlebar controls, and it looks like a mess.  I'm curious how they mounted the switch for this light, so it's easy to get at in the dark.

I wonder if I'd be able to tell the difference between the different colors when there's snow dust and glare added to my barely-FAA-legal color blindness.

Got a text from a friend last night. He plunked his money down on the 850 turbo yesterday. $26k plus plus.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

My all time favorite picture. I've posted it many times.

1968 I'm told. Lake Rosalind, On. My dad on his new Olympic drinking a beer. I'm in the caboose.

post-19895-0-14590100-1326256399.jpg.4c8c931b40102d670db9ce1b192bc3aa.jpg

That is a great picture.👊🏻❄️🌞

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

That is a great picture.👊🏻❄️🌞

Some how in the wrong thread though....lol

Going to move it.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Haha 1

My son is ordering one. First one on the list with a non local dealer. Local dealer told him no dice as his allocation is 2 and 12 customers had tried to give him a deposit. Supposedly 1k will be built.

Edited by J. Jackson
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

same power as the 850 polaris

Nope and I can’t say I’m a fan of the Polaris either. I was pretty critical of it at points. I don’t see the point of adding all that complexity when they could make the same amount of power for less cost out of a 900cc engine.

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Nope and I can’t say I’m a fan of the Polaris either. I was pretty critical of it at points. I don’t see the point of adding all that complexity when they could make the same amount of power for less cost out of a 900cc engine.

Yup that’s my point. It’s a flat lander, closer to sea level sled. They could have achieved more power for cheaper, and a LOT less complexity just by building a 950

this methed up 850 turbo is just another sled for hipsters 

18 minutes ago, ACE said:

I hope cat just builds a 900-950 NA ZR RR 

If it’s in a good chassis and at a reasonable price point it would be a winner. Polaris will have a flatland sled with a 9r in it hopefully and it would be great if all this turbo 2s stuff moved aside.

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

If it’s in a good chassis and at a reasonable price point it would be a winner. Polaris will have a flatland sled with a 9r in it hopefully and it would be great if all this turbo 2s stuff moved aside.

I think it'll be 2025 (another anniversary year) before we see the 9r in a flatland sled.  Too much going on with 850 NA, Turbo, and a 9R as options this year - especially when Polaris is still dealing with expenses on all their quality control bullshit.  My guess is XCR 9R for 2025, otherwise mostly BNG's for 2024 with the exception of the 7s gauge getting upped to an 11s.  Talk of smart shocks, but who knows ... if they come out, I'd think that's only going to be in the XCR models.

14 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yeah I’m hearing in the flat land the 9r is out performing the 850 turbo 

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Will 50cc give you 10% more hp and torque over a 850 turbo? Plus, wasn't there issues with true d-i engines over 850?

22 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

Will 50cc give you 10% more hp and torque over a 850 turbo? Plus, wasn't there issues with true d-i engines over 850?

Just dump the DI then. It’s nearly pointless anyway