Check your account email address ×

2024 Ski Doo

I did not have time to watch but it must have been quite the year for changes, updates and additions to get so many panties in a wad...

On pins and needles waiting for all that new stuff Textron is about to announce.  Should be epic and most of all game changing.

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, f7ben said:

It’s so fucking absurd I dont think it’s even real

My understanding is the meth injection is not "on" all the time.   Will only come in as a safety valve based on engine parameters and really long pulls.   Sounds like a "tank" will last a long, long time.   Gimmicky or not its pretty cool and might allow for higher tunes safely on pump gas as the injection parameters could be played with as well.  

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

My understanding is the meth injection is not "on" all the time.   Will only come in as a safety valve based on engine parameters and really long pulls.   Sounds like a "tank" will last a long, long time.   Gimmicky or not its pretty cool and might allow for higher tunes safely on pump gas as the injection parameters could be played with as well.  

Soooo is it making 4lbs of boost at sea level?

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Highmark said:

If you can crank the fuel and boost and the meth it’ll make more power 

we used to play with meth injection on turbo race sleds and just not really the biggest fan. A good fuel is better 

1 hour ago, ACE said:

If you can crank the fuel and boost and the meth it’ll make more power 

we used to play with meth injection on turbo race sleds and just not really the biggest fan. A good fuel is better 

Right, good fuel is better but this isn't a race sled and we all know that getting "good" fuel is a crapshoot. A very good safety valve I believe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jdsky said:

I did not have time to watch but it must have been quite the year for changes, updates and additions to get so many panties in a wad...

On pins and needles waiting for all that new stuff Textron is about to announce.  Should be epic and most of all game changing.

Are you trolling? 

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

That is not very likely to be how it will work. It will be injecting when you are wfo. If they were using it for safety damage would have to be occurring for it to kick on. There are reports out already that the tank runs out very quickly and then the sled is in limp mode 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

That is not very likely to be how it will work. It will be injecting when you are wfo. If they were using it for safety damage would have to be occurring for it to kick on. There are reports out already that the tank runs out very quickly and then the sled is in limp mode 

All for a mere 180 hp, sometimes 

They could have used the meth injection to bump it to 195 hp while the tank had meth in it 

then it would be less gay 

right now they’re using it to maintain about 8 more hp than the NA 850

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Guess time will tell.   I think my Z1T was set up for throttle position and tanks lasted quite a while trail riding.   Not so much racing back and forth across the lake.  

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Guess time will tell.   I think my Z1T was set up for throttle position and tanks lasted quite a while trail riding.   Not so much racing back and forth across the lake.  

Exactly , it will be injecting based on load. If you are wfo or running high speed lake river grade stuff you will be filling up quickly. I’d think more of this if I didn’t already know how power limited skidoo will make the sled. Impossible to crack ecu , tiny little turbo etc etc 

20 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Exactly , it will be injecting based on load. If you are wfo or running high speed lake river grade stuff you will be filling up quickly. I’d think more of this if I didn’t already know how power limited skidoo will make the sled. Impossible to crack ecu , tiny little turbo etc etc 

Remember they are needing to cool the intake on 180 HP not 270+.   Lot less spray required. 

Edited by Highmark

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Remember they are needing to cool the intake on 180 HP not 270+.   Lot less spray required. 

It makes 3 fucking lbs of boost , there is very little temp rise at that level of compression. This is just too retarded to make any sense 

It's only injecting after 10 or 12 seconds of WFO.  If you are running a lot of long grades and miles at WOT buy a fucking turbo 4 stroke and leave the smoker at home.

This is for hero runs on dick measuring days after too many beers at the bar and your buddy with the Boost lips off.  Best of 3 WOT runs back to back.  After the 1st run he will see nothing but those two or three snow flaps out front.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It makes 3 fucking lbs of boost , there is very little temp rise at that level of compression. This is just too retarded to make any sense 

Remember.  It does not even have a turbo....  It does have launch control though.  

Just now, jdsky said:

It's only injecting after 10 or 12 seconds of WFO.  If you are running a lot of long grades and miles at WOT buy a fucking turbo 4 stroke and leave the smoker at home.

This is for hero runs on dick measuring days after too many beers at the bar and your buddy with the Boost lips off.  Best of 3 WOT runs back to back.  After the 1st run he will see nothing but those two or three snow flaps out front.  

Yet adds a measure of safety for people who run like that.   I don't think its a horrible idea. 

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yet adds a measure of safety for people who run like that.   I don't think its a horrible idea. 

It’s not a good idea and is a gimmick for people who don’t understand turbos and tuning like the jdesky retard above. 

I mean this level of power output doesn’t even warrant a fuckjng intercooler let alone meth. The temp rise at 3psi boost pressure is like 38f total 

1 minute ago, jdsky said:

It's a normalizer...

It’s not normalized dumbfuck , it makes plenum pressure beyond sea level atmosphere. Just because you’re too god damned stupid to understand simple nomenclature doesn’t mean it isn’t exactly as I stated. Stupid motherfucker. 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

It’s not a good idea and is a gimmick for people who don’t understand turbos and tuning like the jdesky retard above. 

I mean this level of power output doesn’t even warrant a fuckjng intercooler let alone meth. The temp rise at 3psi boost pressure is like 38f total 

Send BRP your resume.  I am sure Rotax could use your assistance designing 2 stroke turbo engines and making them perform better and more reliably.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, jdsky said:

Send BRP your resume.  I am sure Rotax could use your assistance designing 2 stroke turbo engines and making them perform better and more reliably.

Ouch, Ben gonna need a little salve on that burn.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I will say this, considering its for long WOT pulls and is not on the mountain sleds makes me scratch my head a bit.  I've never come close flatland to the length of pulls you do out west.