Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

7 hours ago, Ziemann said:

Have you been living under a rock for the last 11 years? There were lots of calibration and quality issues that needed to be sorted out in '12. To be frank, it wasn't ready for release. 

The Turbo's and F800's both had issues related to belt heat & alignment. Lot of issues.....coolant hose leaks. Tri-Hub bearing issues. Chain case weeping. Over rev. Shitty Fox Float 2 calibration. In the pics- IMAGINE the joy of blowing a belt and it destroying the Turbo's ECU because some engineer mounted the ECU to the belt guard. Good times. 

The good news is that almost all of those issues were improved for '13, and almost completely gone for '14. My '14 RR was a very solid sled in comparison. 

Jet orange skis.JPG

Jet belt 2.JPG

Chaincase issues? When? Coolant hose leaks? Where? Are you seriously knocking the Floats? Ive had those shocks on a few machines, very adjustable, my 12 LXR had Zero Pros, great shocks. The only real issues were related to clutching and the secondary.

11 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

cracked... this is much worse than cracked

I'm up for an exploded clutch pic.. 

I've seen plenty of blown up team primarys but so far out of the couple hundred adapt clutches we've got on the snow I haven't had one come back.

There are a couple of "experts" online giving advice to change/modify the adapt.  some of that advice allows the tip of the weight to get past the roller....

Edited by krom

24 minutes ago, krom said:

I've seen plenty of blown up team primarys but so far out of the couple hundred adapt clutches we've got on the snow I haven't had one come back.

There are a couple of "experts" online giving advice to change/modify the adapt.  some of that advice allows the tip of the weight to get past the roller....

idk if @Not greg b can/will post it here as it's another FS'ers sled

5 hours ago, stinkipinki said:

Chaincase issues? When? Coolant hose leaks? Where? Are you seriously knocking the Floats? Ive had those shocks on a few machines, very adjustable, my 12 LXR had Zero Pros, great shocks. The only real issues were related to clutching and the secondary.

Alright- I'll bite!  :-)

LOL- Give me a fucking break. You @stinkipinki, like Ramstad @ZR6000RR, pretend to be knowledgeable, but don't know shit. You were either absent, or not paying attention at that time. Unlike you and Ramstad that are nothing more than green cheerleader wannabe's, there are several of us here that had a ton of first hand experience, and had cell #'s of engineers at that time to help sort out the issues. It was bad. 

The '12's sucked, and it embedded a ton of mistrust of Arctic Cat due to what they dumped on dealers and customers. The '12's were not refined at all. Those of us that bought '12's were Guinea Pigs so Cat could finish development. If I sat here, I could come up with several more issues than I've already posted with the '12's. 

There's a reason why the Fox Floats went away. Remember the hundreds of Fox Float posts on HCS with people desperate to get the right pressure to fix the handling and ride woes on the Floats that year? Google is your friend. 

You don't even remember the issues with the Tri-Hub? LOL

ECU's being destroyed by belts that grenaded? Or belts thru the belly pan and even occasionally blowing the side panels off? I remember working on clutching fixes at that time to try to keep belts on those sleds. Tons of testing went in to addressing alignment issues, clutch calibration, even belt compounds to help guys keep belts on not only the Turbos, but the F800's as well (which weren't nearly as bad).

Anyone remember the headlights that aimed at the sky?

Or the initially inaccurate directions for installing the tall windshield that caused many people to drill in to the headlight housing?

REMEMBER THE GLACIERS that built up on the tunnels of the '12 causing Cat to redesign the tunnel and replace the dented tunnels on many '12's?

REMEMBER the snow ingestion issue? It resulted in burn downs on the 2 strokes and later Cat fixed the issue with a different intake gasket and 2 long screws by the intake to keep the hood from moving enough to break the seal.

Remember those that bought LXR's in '12 that didn't get a battery or electric start? 

I could go on all fucking day.....

All of those issues that I posted previously were well discussed on HCS at the time. I remember posting pictures constantly of sleds that I was working on that had those frequent issues. It was a mess. You have no credibility at all if you're trying to sugar coat the '12's. Those sleds gave Cat a HUGE black eye. Cat even took back some Turbos that year that they could not fix. 

The good news is that things improved for '13, and were great from '14 on....

Gates measurement.JPG

IMG_0162.JPG

IMG_0161.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, krom said:

It’s a stock adapt with after market weights/springs. I will let that person post the pictures when he gets back if he feels like it. He would most likely post to achat 

5 hours ago, Not greg b said:

It’s a stock adapt with after market weights/springs. I will let that person post the pictures when he gets back if he feels like it. He would most likely post to achat 

So in other words? Does not really exist. This problem you speak of.

7 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Looks like he fucked up the torque specs. You do the work gREG? 

Yeah I made sure to go out of my way, drive to my friend’s house and Uggga dugga his clutch to German spec. His 2022 belly pan color was ugly and needed an upgrade  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, fortune46x said:

Please explain to me how a bolt that connects to the fixed sheeve causes the moving sheeve and pressure plate to fail? 

You get unplanned movement and it can happen. Are you mental? Fucking people tear into a clutch, slam shit in untested and when something goes wrong, they blame the Manufacturer instead of the aftermarket. Seen it so often, it hurts. Put yourself to be you tard. Maybe God will bless you with a few more functioning brain cells tomorrow. Just a theory on both sides. Well on the clutch on second thought.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I'm not sure how you can determine a failure due to torque from that photo.

You cant! Just ruffling some feathers. If you over torque though, you could weaken it, which can end in failure. 

• Confused 1