2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

It was right on the Cat website when you built your preorder.  Said in plain text there'd be a $700 surcharge on top of the MSRP.  That is not including any dealer fees.  I didn't see it on the sheet when I was at the dealer and didn't see it Tuesday when you'd actually put the $500 down.  But it said it directly on the Cat website.  I remember because I was miffed about that.  If they dropped it that'd be cool but I wouldn't bank on that until delivery is complete.

3 hours ago, Boonbocker1 said:

So if cat doesn't capture 20% market share this year is the catalyst considered a flop?  I read alot in here from a couple guys that catalyst is the future and poo and doo have next to nothing that any consumer is excited about and cat is stealing other brands customers.

Is 20% market reasonable for cat to grab this year?

What % share does poo and doo loose to cat this year?

It's a flop if it doesn't perform on snow.  I couldn't care less about market share.  Only losers talk about that. Cat severely limited their production this year anyway.  Their market share will only be limited by how many sleds they can physically produce, not consumer demand or anything like that.  They were sold out in two hours so they met their sales goal/production limit.   They may very well sell less this year but that wouldn't be a biproduct of the catalyst that would be their current production limit.

And again, only total losers care about that and I'm slightly dumber just for explaining it.

5 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Their sales goal is WAY beyond their production limit.  No one in that organization is happy with the production limit.

Oh for sure.  It has to be tough to finally have a new and exciting thing and they can't sell it properly.  I tried to order one yesterday and got shut out.

Hopefully the enthusiasm carries into the next year and they can open up the assembly line.  And a new motor coming will certainly help for many.  But they could have made a way bigger splash if they could produce more.  Who knows how many more they could have sold?  5x?  10x?  Kind of a shame to be so restricted with one of their biggest releases ever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

Oh for sure.  It has to be tough to finally have a new and exciting thing and they can't sell it properly.  I tried to order one yesterday and got shut out.

Hopefully the enthusiasm carries into the next year and they can open up the assembly line.  And a new motor coming will certainly help for many.  But they could have made a way bigger splash if they could produce more.  Who knows how many more they could have sold?  5x?  10x?  Kind of a shame to be so restricted with one of their biggest releases ever.

Is it a possibility that Tom has the model you wanted in his allocation?

36 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Is it a possibility that Tom has the model you wanted in his allocation?

I will have to ask him next time I'm there.  I stopped there Friday and talked to him about ordering and he didn't mention him getting any more but he also was saying cat was changing everything every 5 minutes and sounded frustrates slightly. Then I talked to his son who was fixing up his wildcat 650 that he COR raced last weekend.  It was cool checking out all the things he's done to it and they were interested to hear about my Puma and Jag changes and also enjoy the niche/overlooked 80s/90s cats where you can still score cool parts for and not for an arm and a leg like the mainstream zr or firecat stuff.  Somewhat inspired to build a vintage COR racer now.  I went in for oil and two hours later on the road again 

Edited by mnstang
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I will have to ask him next time I'm there.  I stopped there Friday and talked to him about ordering and he didn't mention him getting any more but he also was saying cat was changing everything every 5 minutes and sounded frustrates slightly. Then I talked to his son who was fixing up his wildcat 650 that he COR raced last weekend.  It was cool checking out all the things he's done to it and they were interested to hear about my Puma and Jag changes and also enjoy the niche/overlooked 80s/90s cats where you can still score cool parts for and not for an arm and a leg like the mainstream zr or firecat stuff.  Somewhat inspired to build a vintage COR racer now.  I went in for oil and two hours later on the road again 

I've been tempted to buy a Exciter or V-Max 600 ice sleds, simply because I've seen both those sleds for like $500 or less recently.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I've been tempted to buy a Exciter or V-Max 600 ice sleds, simply because I've seen both those sleds for like $500 or less recently.  

I think I would do a 94 cougar or 96 jag liquid.  It may not be as competitive as some for that stuff but I have parts for them and it'd just be for fun.  

I'm working on getting some nos shocks for an early prowler special they were fox reservoir shocks 

15 hours ago, mnstang said:

Those guys are the best. I'm glad to have known them for as long as i have. Doesn't matter if you buy a new machine every year or if you're there for your 3rd gallon of APV oil this winter they treat you the same.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sled_Hed said:

Those guys are the best. I'm glad to have known them for as long as i have. Doesn't matter if you buy a new machine every year or if you're there for your 3rd gallon of APV oil this winter they treat you the same.

Yeah I agree and I think he prefers the older stuff too.  Certainly enjoys the heck out of them and still has the passion.  He probably makes more $$ from me buying parts and oil than he would if I bought a new machine anyway.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Oooo buddy. Cage match 2024 is starting at the cat dealers 

0D2D78BF-7985-465E-975C-ABBD0DB4EBFA.jpeg

the flippers listing 2024 Catalyst sleds in fall should provide some hilarity... my guess on a new RXC being flipped... $18k 

3 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Seeing who that is, I am willing to bet that is the big bore, turbo engine, cat has the patents on 

My guess is it's a boondocker kit since he tagged them in that post.

I'll post a short one, went out for an hour before the consumer rides started.  Conditions weren't the best for judging suspension or handling since the trails had been groomed all night before, we got first tracks for a good part of the ride  The 129 was my favorite, no issues with excessive transfer, wheelieing and I felt it just worked better.  Studded to my liking, and with power to my liking, there is now way to say how it would work..
Some of the demo sleds had over 5,000 miles on them, others less than 500

PXL_20230310_141712275.jpg

PXL_20230310_134843610.jpg

PXL_20230310_144055559.jpg

Edited by krom
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Not greg b said:

Did you go on the ride too?

edited the prior post, with some notes.  I went on an hour long ride, before the show started.

Edited by krom