2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

7 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

You get unplanned movement and it can happen. Are you mental? Fucking people tear into a clutch, slam shit in untested and when something goes wrong, they blame the Manufacturer instead of the aftermarket. Seen it so often, it hurts. Put yourself to be you tard. Maybe God will bless you with a few more functioning brain cells tomorrow. Just a theory on both sides. Well on the clutch on second thought.

Stick to holding a street sign and leave the mechanical engineering to the people that do it for a living. This has nothing to do with it torqued improperly. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Ziemann said:

Alright- I'll bite!  :-)

LOL- Give me a fucking break. You @stinkipinki, like Ramstad @ZR6000RR, pretend to be knowledgeable, but don't know shit. You were either absent, or not paying attention at that time. Unlike you and Ramstad that are nothing more than green cheerleader wannabe's, there are several of us here that had a ton of first hand experience, and had cell #'s of engineers at that time to help sort out the issues. It was bad. 

The '12's sucked, and it embedded a ton of mistrust of Arctic Cat due to what they dumped on dealers and customers. The '12's were not refined at all. Those of us that bought '12's were Guinea Pigs so Cat could finish development. If I sat here, I could come up with several more issues than I've already posted with the '12's. 

There's a reason why the Fox Floats went away. Remember the hundreds of Fox Float posts on HCS with people desperate to get the right pressure to fix the handling and ride woes on the Floats that year? Google is your friend. 

You don't even remember the issues with the Tri-Hub? LOL

ECU's being destroyed by belts that grenaded? Or belts thru the belly pan and even occasionally blowing the side panels off? I remember working on clutching fixes at that time to try to keep belts on those sleds. Tons of testing went in to addressing alignment issues, clutch calibration, even belt compounds to help guys keep belts on not only the Turbos, but the F800's as well (which weren't nearly as bad).

Anyone remember the headlights that aimed at the sky?

Or the initially inaccurate directions for installing the tall windshield that caused many people to drill in to the headlight housing?

REMEMBER THE GLACIERS that built up on the tunnels of the '12 causing Cat to redesign the tunnel and replace the dented tunnels on many '12's?

REMEMBER the snow ingestion issue? It resulted in burn downs on the 2 strokes and later Cat fixed the issue with a different intake gasket and 2 long screws by the intake to keep the hood from moving enough to break the seal.

Remember those that bought LXR's in '12 that didn't get a battery or electric start? 

I could go on all fucking day.....

All of those issues that I posted previously were well discussed on HCS at the time. I remember posting pictures constantly of sleds that I was working on that had those frequent issues. It was a mess. You have no credibility at all if you're trying to sugar coat the '12's. Those sleds gave Cat a HUGE black eye. Cat even took back some Turbos that year that they could not fix. 

The good news is that things improved for '13, and were great from '14 on....

Gates measurement.JPG

IMG_0162.JPG

IMG_0161.JPG

i-dont-believe-you-lies.gif

:roflcrying:

8 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Looks like he fucked up the torque specs. You do the work gREG? 

told you so... ;)

8 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

You get unplanned movement and it can happen. Are you mental? Fucking people tear into a clutch, slam shit in untested and when something goes wrong, they blame the Manufacturer instead of the aftermarket. Seen it so often, it hurts. Put yourself to be you tard. Maybe God will bless you with a few more functioning brain cells tomorrow. Just a theory on both sides. Well on the clutch on second thought.

:backpeddle:

7 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

You cant! Just ruffling some feathers. If you over torque though, you could weaken it, which can end in failure. 

the person who owns the sled pounds more miles above 50mph in an average day than you've ridden above 50mph in your entire life, only rides Cat's, maintains his sleds... and knows wtf he's doing unlike you.  

but you just don't want to believe it? 

:fool:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, fortune46x said:

Are you high? How do you think the torque specs caused this failure ? 

Despite his claims to be an engineer, he struggles daily at the job his relative gave him.  Its a lot of stress trying to figure out what end of the stop sign to hold.  Anything more than steeling gravel is impossible for him to understand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, fortune46x said:

Stick to holding a street sign and leave the mechanical engineering to the people that do it for a living. This has nothing to do with it torqued improperly. 

No way to prove it either way so I will stick with my story. I hire idiots like you to hold signs btw.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

No way to prove it either way so I will stick with my story. I hire idiots like you to hold signs btw.

You are the idiot who needed a relative to help get hired to do menial bs.  While people with brains do the design and engineering. 

Since you think you make more than the rest of the guys on here....

No one who is good at what they do works for the county, or state.  Private sector pays way better.  Around here fresh out of school Civ E with 0 experience makes 65-70k, and a 24 year old kid with some motivation can make 6 figures working road construction, and have all winter off to ride.

You've proven yourself to be an absolute moron, more times than anyone can count.  Here, HCS, AI, and god can only imagine how stupid you are in person.

Edited by krom
  • Haha 1

FYI cat has stated numerous times through the years that overtorqing the bolt can lead to clutch failure.  Maybe higher torque causes the fixed to expand slightly and the moveable rides on the fixed.  Not saying that's what happened and I don't care.

But I'd prefer to have this topic be about the catalyst instead of the endless personal bickering that this site is all and only about.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Ziemann said:

Alright- I'll bite!  :-)

LOL- Give me a fucking break. You @stinkipinki, like Ramstad @ZR6000RR, pretend to be knowledgeable, but don't know shit. You were either absent, or not paying attention at that time. Unlike you and Ramstad that are nothing more than green cheerleader wannabe's, there are several of us here that had a ton of first hand experience, and had cell #'s of engineers at that time to help sort out the issues. It was bad. 

The '12's sucked, and it embedded a ton of mistrust of Arctic Cat due to what they dumped on dealers and customers. The '12's were not refined at all. Those of us that bought '12's were Guinea Pigs so Cat could finish development. If I sat here, I could come up with several more issues than I've already posted with the '12's. 

There's a reason why the Fox Floats went away. Remember the hundreds of Fox Float posts on HCS with people desperate to get the right pressure to fix the handling and ride woes on the Floats that year? Google is your friend. 

You don't even remember the issues with the Tri-Hub? LOL

ECU's being destroyed by belts that grenaded? Or belts thru the belly pan and even occasionally blowing the side panels off? I remember working on clutching fixes at that time to try to keep belts on those sleds. Tons of testing went in to addressing alignment issues, clutch calibration, even belt compounds to help guys keep belts on not only the Turbos, but the F800's as well (which weren't nearly as bad).

Anyone remember the headlights that aimed at the sky?

Or the initially inaccurate directions for installing the tall windshield that caused many people to drill in to the headlight housing?

REMEMBER THE GLACIERS that built up on the tunnels of the '12 causing Cat to redesign the tunnel and replace the dented tunnels on many '12's?

REMEMBER the snow ingestion issue? It resulted in burn downs on the 2 strokes and later Cat fixed the issue with a different intake gasket and 2 long screws by the intake to keep the hood from moving enough to break the seal.

Remember those that bought LXR's in '12 that didn't get a battery or electric start? 

I could go on all fucking day.....

All of those issues that I posted previously were well discussed on HCS at the time. I remember posting pictures constantly of sleds that I was working on that had those frequent issues. It was a mess. You have no credibility at all if you're trying to sugar coat the '12's. Those sleds gave Cat a HUGE black eye. Cat even took back some Turbos that year that they could not fix. 

The good news is that things improved for '13, and were great from '14 on....

Gates measurement.JPG

IMG_0162.JPG

IMG_0161.JPG

All you did was elaborate on clutching issues and a few other issues related to clutching on a first year sled. I put 2400 miles on 2012 F800 LXR, and all it needed was a few of the secondary clutching updates and some adjustments to shimming. That sled came with Zero Pro's and those were great shocks. All LXR's came with those, doesn't sound like you know that.

Tri-Hub issues and few other things were well known. Issues with hoses leaking is something I've never heard of. It's alot of text for saying a first year sled had some clutch issues and that got quickly addressed with 13 updates, the same updates you can apply to any 2012.  And it doesn't surprise me you don't know anything about the 2012 as everything else you listed was Google, copy and paste, cause the 2012 LXR was batteryless pullstart EFI, another indication of your knowledge that is quite lacking.

But please, go on and tell me more about the knowledge I don't have when you just stated several incorrect things. If your going to call someone out for allegedly being a cheerleader, I suggest not trying to sound like a incorrect dipshit in the process.

20180114_170347-1.jpg

Edited by stinkipinki

59 minutes ago, mnstang said:

FYI cat has stated numerous times through the years that overtorqing the bolt can lead to clutch failure.  Maybe higher torque causes the fixed to expand slightly and the moveable rides on the fixed.  Not saying that's what happened and I don't care.

But I'd prefer to have this topic be about the catalyst instead of the endless personal bickering that this site is all and only about.

What bolt(s) are we talking about.

If it is the main clutch bolt, I highly doubt it.

If it is the bolts for the cover, I think you'd more likely see the failure as a result of uneven clamp load, either by not using a quality torque wrench or by using poor assembly/torqueing practice.  

It could also be from casting and machining too, but in terms of torque, I'm sticking with them being a shitty (or ignorant)

• Like 2

I ran the ADAPT on my tuned 998 (265hp) all season and it has been flawless fwiw.  Consistent performance and very low belt dust.

I have seen a few pics of covers cracking near the bolts and that could be due to over-torquing.  They are only spec'd at 13 ft/lbs so it would be very easy to tighten beyond that if you're not actually measuring.

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

What bolt(s) are we talking about.

If it is the main clutch bolt, I highly doubt it.

If it is the bolts for the cover, I think you'd more likely see the failure as a result of uneven clamp load, either by not using a quality torque wrench or by using poor assembly/torqueing practice.  

It could also be from casting and machining too, but in terms of torque, I'm sticking with them being a shitty (or ignorant)

Main clutch bolt.

On 3/11/2023 at 9:10 AM, Crnr2Crnr said:

once you get past the ugly, there was some really great engineering going on in them

hideous though

Those are my videos! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder (obviously). Truth is...when my Redline shows up to Larry's Burger Pit, all the other sleds become invisible as people trip over them to get a closer look at the Revolt. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Litre1000 said:

Those are my videos! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder (obviously). Truth is...when my Redline shows up to Larry's Burger Pit, all the other sleds become invisible as people trip over them to get a closer look at the Revolt. 

I'm sure it does... but I stand by my aesthetic commentary.

Care to tell us more about it, as I respect what they were attempting to do.  

5 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Main clutch bolt.

I guess I could see it.  I've watched far too many people, many of whom should know better, ram those in with a 1/2" impact and 59,628 ung-dungas.  

4 minutes ago, Litre1000 said:

Welcome to the dark side.  How often do you ride your Redline?  I thought about buying one of the ones that was for sale in AK last year, but axed that idea quickly as it was a beer fueled weak point that afternoon.  

38 minutes ago, Litre1000 said:

Cool piece of snowmobile history you have there!  When I watched that vid it kinda sounded like the engine wasn't revving out like it should? Did you have to get an exhaust fabricated for it? I believe I read somewhere many of the few that were shipped had no exhaust.

2 hours ago, Litre1000 said:

I'm used to that with my Jag Z.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, stinkipinki said:

All you did was elaborate on clutching issues and a few other issues related to clutching on a first year sled. I put 2400 miles on 2012 F800 LXR, and all it needed was a few of the secondary clutching updates and some adjustments to shimming. That sled came with Zero Pro's and those were great shocks. All LXR's came with those, doesn't sound like you know that.

Tri-Hub issues and few other things were well known. Issues with hoses leaking is something I've never heard of. It's alot of text for saying a first year sled had some clutch issues and that got quickly addressed with 13 updates, the same updates you can apply to any 2012.  And it doesn't surprise me you don't know anything about the 2012 as everything else you listed was Google, copy and paste, cause the 2012 LXR was batteryless pullstart EFI, another indication of your knowledge that is quite lacking.

But please, go on and tell me more about the knowledge I don't have when you just stated several incorrect things. If your going to call someone out for allegedly being a cheerleader, I suggest not trying to sound like a incorrect dipshit in the process.

LOL- ANY  copy / paste would be from my posts that I made on HCS or ArcticChat back when this shit show was going on. EVERYONE knows that the '12's were piles of shit and not ready for market. It is comical that you deny that- you completely undermine what little credibility you have left. Please, tell us how great they were.....

There are plenty of folks on here, AChat, or HCS that can vouch for my work..... Hell, like a noob, use the search tool on HCS and search for those posts yourself.....

IMG_0839.JPG

• Like 1