Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

2 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

I gave up on top speed 10 years ago. Si unimportant to me. Probably will never hunt 100 ever again. Trees and scenery are my thing. 80 will probably be my max from here on out. 

The closer you are to death, the closer you are to living your life.

1 minute ago, Not greg b said:

And failed parts 

Again, party in your clutches!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Do you need shovel to keep digging your hole. I like how you deflected from an actual fault with the sled vs speculation. 

Yes. I am correct. 

On 1/11/2024 at 10:47 AM, Crnr2Crnr said:

the correct answer is Klotz

Klotz is always the correct answer 

Smells right.

7 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

maybe this could help him... 

can't even believe there was a how to video for it...  :lmao:

Video was made for Jim

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZR6000RR said:

No. Your early point, was it wont last. Even when the Cat racers, have never broken one. You are so full of yourself, that reality is not. 

What do you think all those “blown belt” DNFs that herf had in the pro open class the law few years were?

• Like 1

Just now, Palu49 said:

What do you think all those “blown belt” DNFs that herf had in the pro open class the law few years were?

Drive belts. I was at most of those races. He crossed the finish line.

45 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Drive belts. I was at most of those races. He crossed the finish line.

You have never been to the soo 500. A drive belt won’t make anyone dnf especially when cat had a whole semi full of parts there. An experimental drive they wouldn’t have enough parts for. And they announce what puts them out of the race on the PA system. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

The closer you are to death, the closer you are to living your life.

Again, party in your clutches!

If I get ambitious I will go see terry and Tim at tpi and go on a ride with them and put some parts in it to force it to shift and have a real party lol. Their shop is like 15 minutes away.

3 hours ago, mnstang said:

If it is holding rpm but not "not shifting out", you're out of power.

Or the secondary is shifting out too fast with that retarded ramp and the primary can’t keep it tight

• Like 2

On 12/29/2023 at 12:57 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

Digging around in the parts breakdowns...

ZR 600 129 - 27/60 gearing with pn 0728-281 (?T) driver (can't find more info...?)

ZR RXC 137 - 30/58 gearing with pn 0728-286 (8T) driver ($311)

Riot 1.6/1.75 - 27/60 gearing with pn 0728-282 (9T) driver ($284)

M sleds run 24/63 gearing... but the track pitch is different so it doesn't really matter to most on here.  

looking at the prices and if you want more low end grunt... I'd just change drives to the 8T as the gears/belt are stupidly expensive.   

;)

@taperk600 and @krom

On 12/29/2023 at 1:31 PM, krom said:

if you scroll past jimwits lies and bullshit, I posted info..

https://www.arcticchat.com/threads/catalyst-r-xc-observations.506253/page-2

On 12/29/2023 at 1:53 PM, krom said:

hate to fuck up this thread with factual info, but....

image.png

getting back to the gearing and clutching... 9_9

if the sled isn't getting 1:1 on hard pack or bare ice it's going to underperform.  imo, the gearing options being so limited are going to be an issue for some people.  just looking back at all the different gearing combinations they used in previous models makes me think they left something on the table as there's only 3 gearing choices currently.  

pretty sure I'd try the 8T RXC drive asm on a regular ZR if its not fully shifting out with the std ZR gearing ... especially as the drive asm is cheaper than two gears.  or, wait to see if Speedwerx comes out with a helix that has a shallower ramp angle.  in fairness to Cat (and all manufacturers) they have to pick one gearing and clutching setup for everyone regardless of what the trail conditions are, how light or heavy someone is or if they ride like Greg or as slowly as Jimwit just taking in the scenery.  

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

5 hours ago, Not greg b said:

There is also a film has developed on my clutch side tunnel by the foot well that is not on the muffler side. I wonder what that is?? I am sure it is belt dust.

check the PTO crank seal :roflcrying:

7 hours ago, Not greg b said:

If I get ambitious I will go see terry and Tim at tpi and go on a ride with them and put some parts in it to force it to shift and have a real party lol. Their shop is like 15 minutes away.

If you do this tell Terry hello.  And please share what you determine.  Thunder went over and did some testing with Cat / catalyst awhile back. I’m running the hitters in the RXC   48 gram base.  No miles on yet. 

Edited by jonlafon1

Regular ZR and mine is not shifting all the way, about 1/4" or to top of primary. By the way the sport gauge sucks. Cannot see temp or hand warmer settings very well.  High beam indicator as well.

23 minutes ago, Allyammies said:

Regular ZR and mine is not shifting all the way, about 1/4" or to top of primary. By the way the sport gauge sucks. Cannot see temp or hand warmer settings very well.  High beam indicator as well.

They should be on the lake racing today and I bet some have it figured out. Pine Lake always gets me excited..

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Allyammies said:

I don’t mine the sport gauge. I like it better than the old one as you can see it sitting on the sled without the handlebars blocking it. Everything is super tiny on it like you mentioned and you can’t see rpm and speed at the same time as the rpm is too small to read. I think it is the same gauge ski doo uses on the low end summits 

10 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

I gave up on top speed 10 years ago. Si unimportant to me. Probably will never hunt 100 ever again. Trees and scenery are my thing. 80 will probably be my max from here on out. 

100 is fast?

4 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

They should be on the lake racing today and I bet some have it figured out. Pine Lake always gets me excited..

Those guys have it figured I am sure. Gunner posted he was running 106mph and he isn’t doing that with the stock clutching from any year

1 hour ago, jonlafon1 said:

If you do this tell Terry hello.  And please share what you determine.  Thunder went over and did some testing with Cat / catalyst awhile back. I’m running the hitters in the RXC   48 gram base.  No miles on yet. 

Will do. His pictures he posted braking in his new rxc were like 8 miles from where I live. Now if it would just snow. These last 2 huge snow storms have been a flop. We got about an inch last night not the 10-18 they were calling for. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Those guys have it figured I am sure. Gunner posted he was running 106mph and he isn’t doing that with the stock clutching from any year

So it’s probably a 98ish mile an hour sled on snow if you can figure it out. I have to race mine next weekend and I have even driven the thing let alone messed with the clutching