Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

3 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

The windshield accessory engineer needs to be fired.  I did manage to get the mid touring on with some swearing and another set of hands.  Not impressed with that fit and finish.  More so above the headlight.  The green plastic trim price so to speak.  I will add once you get the fucker on it’s nice and tight and secure but getting to that point ?  

IMG_2191.jpeg

IMG_2190.jpeg

Was not hard for me at all. Dealer installed. That little useless factory was never installed. Mirrors go on tomorrow. 

9 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

To much helix angle or spring in secondary.  My guess. Thanks for observation and post. 

I think it’s a combo of both. When I go to town I will post a picture. I don’t have a strong enough signal here to post a picture 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

The windshield accessory engineer needs to be fired.  I did manage to get the mid touring on with some swearing and another set of hands.  Not impressed with that fit and finish.  More so above the headlight.  The green plastic trim price so to speak.  I will add once you get the fucker on it’s nice and tight and secure but getting to that point ?  

IMG_2191.jpeg

IMG_2190.jpeg

It’s not bad once you do a few of them but it’s a stupid design that for sure. Could change a PC shield out in 25 seconds

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

It’s not bad once you do a few of them but it’s a stupid design that for sure. Could change a PC shield out in 25 seconds

Yeah one of those stupid tabs was cross threaded when the original shield was put on and I can’t re attach the trim. And I really don’t want to dismantle whole damn hood to put a new tab on it. I think I am going to glue the trim to the windshield because if the windshield ever comes off again, everything else is attached to is probably broken and will need to be fixed. 

4 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Yeah one of those stupid tabs was cross threaded when the original shield was put on and I can’t re attach the trim. And I really don’t want to dismantle whole damn hood to put a new tab on it. I think I am going to glue the trim to the windshield because if the windshield ever comes off again, everything else is attached to is probably broken and will need to be fixed. 

Just cross thread it harder this time 😂. I also noticed the brake lever side of the trim piece sticks out on almost all of them and isn’t flush up against the windshield like the throttle side. I only did like 35 of them though so when Jim tells me how perfect his fits just listen to him.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

Just cross thread it harder this time 😂. I also noticed the brake lever side of the trim piece sticks out on almost all of them and isn’t flush up against the windshield like the throttle side. I only did like 35 of them though so when Jim tells me how perfect his fits just listen to him.

Mine is spot on. All that matters to me.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Was not hard for me at all. Dealer installed. That little useless factory was never installed. Mirrors go on tomorrow. 

Obliviously, everyone here knows you don't have the ability to install it without fucking it up.

Dealer doing the stop sale recall while its there for the mirrors?

17 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

He'll never know about the clutching issue either, belt won't slip when you ride like old people fuck.

1 minute ago, krom said:

Obliviously, everyone here knows you don't have the ability to install it without fucking it up.

Dealer doing the stop sale recall while its there for the mirrors?

I could have but was not going to use the small one so he installed the tall before I picked it up. A good dealer does this. I have put mirrors on every sled I have pretty much owned. Easier now since pre marked, but whatever.

4 minutes ago, krom said:

He'll never know about the clutching issue either, belt won't slip when you ride like old people fuck.

Is it an issue, or is it set up for the average rider? Tell me now, you pile of dog shit.

2 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Is it an issue, or is it set up for the average rider? Tell me now, you pile of dog shit.

The stop sale is an issue, for every dealer with sleds, and everyone who bought one.

Edited by krom

1 minute ago, krom said:

The stop sale is an issue, for every dealer with sleds, and everyone who bought one.

10 minute fix. Already took care of it. 

I wonder if a boss helix bolts into the “cat” clutch I have a 44 in the garage I could try on mine no matter the configuration a 49 final on a 600 seems absurd to me. I wish all the team shit I have would bolt into the adapt clutches and save me $1000 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Palu49 said:

I wonder if a boss helix bolts into the “cat” clutch I have a 44 in the garage I could try on mine no matter the configuration a 49 final on a 600 seems absurd to me. I wish all the team shit I have would bolt into the adapt clutches and save me $1000 

secondary parts will all work.

Team helixs and spring bolt into the adapt clutch

adapt helixs dont fit team secondary (unless you add 2 big "U" notches

• Thanks 1

100 miles of this is rail grade running. 120 total miles in the sled. Clutches were cleaned with acetone and belt was washed be the sled was ever ridden 

IMG_3479.jpeg

Edited by Not greg b

2 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

100 miles of this is rail grade running.

IMG_3479.jpeg

Where is the fucking overdrive?  None.  Missing 4-7 mph easy. Wait were the full shift?  Let’s start with that 

Edited by jonlafon1

2 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I remember that one 

Just having a cigar in the garage. Thought I would take it back a little. One of my favorites 

3 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

For sure. Get rid of that belt sip too and this will be a rocket 

Funny how everyone else does not mention this on the net. Will trust the masses, along with my feelings over the biggest Bitch on the net.

2 hours ago, Palu49 said:

also noticed the brake lever side of the trim piece sticks out on almost all of them and isn’t flush up against the windshield like the throttle side. I only did like 35 of them though so when Jim tells me how perfect his fits just listen to him.

Spot on!!!  That’s my only major issue with it all.  It just doesn’t have that great fit finish look. The rest of sled yes

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Funny how everyone else does not mention this on the net. Will trust the masses, along with my feelings over the biggest Bitch on the net.

:suicide:

• Like 1