Check your account email address ×

Sled Dollies/Casters/Carts

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Any recommendations…I thought the Black Ice units that I bought were decent but I busted another set today.

Sons bought an Easymove for Fathers Day, it works great, its adjustable for different bulkhead heights and there’s an optional pneumatic wheel kit if you use it on grass or rougher surfaces.

4D069CF0-9957-4DB6-BFBC-5C52E3C5712B.jpeg.7e6b91f7c9f5ba0177c82a72295bf5a9.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Any recommendations…I thought the Black Ice units that I bought were decent but I busted another set today.

Before you buy a set I have like 6 sets here I’m not using and I’ll give you some. Not sure on the brand but they all work. PM me if you’re interested…

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Sons bought an Easymove for Fathers Day, it works great, its adjustable for different bulkhead heights and there’s an optional pneumatic wheel kit if you use it on grass or rougher surfaces.

this works great for moving the sleds in and out of the garage.

12 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

That's what I has by our place up Nth.  Drive the sleds in and turn them around to point them out for the morning.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

True, the individual dollies work great for moving laterally etc.

The thing I don't like is they will slide off the skies.  If you add soft rubber on the surface the skies sit on helps that.

Edited by Doug
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Someone made this years ago on HCS, If I remember correctly the dollies/wheels came from harbor freight. Drive on, drive off look closely there's a wheelie bar block under the back end piece, pull a few measurements from your sled and build your own Dollie. The Ski Saver Flex video below there were guys on DooTalk making their own years ago.

T-dolly.thumb.jpg.c379810e22b3f474d38a4461969923e0.jpg

Edited by Jerry 976
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Jerry 976 said:

Someone made this years ago on HCS, If I remember correctly the dollies/wheels came from harbor freight. Drive on, drive off look closely there's a wheelie bar block under the back end piece, pull a few measurements from your sled and build your own Dollie. The Ski Saver Flex video below there were guys on DooTalk making their own years ago.

T-dolly.thumb.jpg.c379810e22b3f474d38a4461969923e0.jpg

Exactly what I have.  My design is slightly different but it works killer.

5 hours ago, Jerry 976 said:

skidolly1.jpg.7cf4cb0d8cb152e6f85fbd4aa90e42fe.jpgskidolly2.jpg.a95f1cdb7bd3810e5dc4669676e4060e.jpgskidolly3.jpg.320faefae14b79e78e8cbda1d71c0b69.jpgskidolly5.jpg.c601074649541432ad147e3b72c749f8.jpgskidolly6.jpg.c091cc9ac90bc2bcc6e58b9d0cb420f7.jpg

2nd best option.  Great to own a pair for moving the sled around without snow, but not as convenient for moving the sled around in the garage.  If you have a really high clutch engagement these can be safer though as it is easy to launch the other behind you like a missile. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Doug said:

The thing I don't like is they will slide off the skies.  If you add soft rubber on the surface the skies sit on helps that.

I put 2 pieces of 1x2 x18" on each front dollie and a couple screws thru the sides to hold the wood. It stopped them kicking out and easier to put under the skis

• Like 1

I second getting soft rubber wheels over the hard plastic ones as well. Also ensure they are a bit taller/larger than the black hard plastic ones and you should have problem free rolling. The hard small plastic wheels, no matter how clean you think your garage/shop is, they will always find a small pebble/stone that will either kick out the dollies or stop you dead in your tracks.