Check your account email address ×

Hay Days 2022

2 minutes ago, mnstang said:

My neck is still burned from Friday 

I had enough Hamm's and Grain Belt, it didn't matter.

Stuff really didn't seem to sell well this year.  Only having 4 or 5 items, I guess I sold 20-25% of what I brought, which is better then most people there.

I sold a whole 1 item and the two I went with sold a few things, but not many.

23 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Survived Princeton, despite my best efforts.  

We tented it in the rain this morning.

Yeah...

Have all my shit drying in the shop.

I ended up staying home because I didn’t know what the weather would do. Had a tornado come through my neighborhood. It ended at my drive way. My friend had a tree come through the wall of her house 

2 hours ago, Not greg b said:

I ended up staying home because I didn’t know what the weather would do. Had a tornado come through my neighborhood. It ended at my drive way. My friend had a tree come through the wall of her house 

Holy crap ... sorry to hear about the storm damage being so close to home.  I was too drunk at our 30th class reunion to even realize how bad the weather was up towards the Cities.  Hopefully the clean up isn't too bad.

On 8/15/2022 at 12:09 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

Never been to it, worth it?

Kinda interested in seeing the new Cat's... and maybe the iPad lady.  

Not a fan of wandering through a huge junk collection any longer, which is what Iola became.  

Convince me it's worth seeing once... 

If you’ve never gone, it’s worth seeing at least once. Like the I-500. I personally haven’t been in something like 5 years and don’t really miss it. It was a bunch of time off work to stand in a field sweating my ass off and getting covered in dirt. 

19 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I had enough Hamm's and Grain Belt, it didn't matter.

Stuff really didn't seem to sell well this year.  Only having 4 or 5 items, I guess I sold 20-25% of what I brought, which is better then most people there.

I sold a whole 1 item and the two I went with sold a few things, but not many.

What kind of stuff did you bring to sell?

16 hours ago, Bontz said:

Holy crap ... sorry to hear about the storm damage being so close to home.  I was too drunk at our 30th class reunion to even realize how bad the weather was up towards the Cities.  Hopefully the clean up isn't too bad.

Where I am there was just leaves and sticks. Across the street there was massive trees down and lot of house with big trees on them. The first picture is the end of my driveway. Those big giant trees down was where the damage stopped. 

7B8C2E37-DBB8-4C68-BF15-9904C2621928.jpeg

28DD44B3-E1FB-4426-9DB3-95873FE05380.jpeg

F5E50592-D32D-48DD-9E02-3FB5368E42A2.jpeg

27EC8374-2060-4159-92CD-ADDC4875387D.jpeg

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Where I am there was just leaves and sticks. Across the street there was massive trees down and lot of house with big trees on them. The first picture is the end of my driveway. Those big giant trees down was where the damage stopped. 

7B8C2E37-DBB8-4C68-BF15-9904C2621928.jpeg

28DD44B3-E1FB-4426-9DB3-95873FE05380.jpeg

F5E50592-D32D-48DD-9E02-3FB5368E42A2.jpeg

27EC8374-2060-4159-92CD-ADDC4875387D.jpeg

Wow!

56 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Washer and dryer set, half a dozen old chainsaws, and a Sears and Roebuck leaf blower.

Last year I swapped at haydays the guys across the aisle were selling old barn doors and windows for craft projects.

23 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Last year I swapped at haydays the guys across the aisle were selling old barn doors and windows for craft projects.

Guys I know swap there every year.  Said they still do OK but it's more like a community rummage sale now.  Guy by them last year was selling doors and windows he took out of a house that was being torn down.  Nothing snowmobile related at all.

Just a fyi you guy know the Barron's  give away a big chunk of the earnings every yr right ? The majority of the profits go directly back to the trails in fourms of grants to clubs who apply for them .  

It is a big chunk of cash every yr 

I am still a bit PO about tge state of MN fucking the clubs out of the multi  sled giveaway tix sales money . We made good money on that as did a lot of other clubs. Fucking govenment can't help but to get in the way and fuck up a good thing that was ultimately saving the tax payer money in the end 

30 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

nothing about the noise?

what ended up happening with the Karen's in Elk River that were trying to get ERX shut down? 

Haven’t herd anything more about the erx karens. Haydays happens so fast most of the Karen’s don’t even know what it is. Haydays is the only event they do out there and it is really only super busy for Saturday. I am sure the barrons do other things there through out the year but it isn’t attracting 1000s of people at a time.

8 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

nothing about the noise?

what ended up happening with the Karen's in Elk River that were trying to get ERX shut down? 

Lol good luck that family has enough lawyers and cash to bury some elkriver white trash Karen or even a neighborhood full of them  

But better question is why ? They own most of the land around the place I can't even picture a house close by at all 

8 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Lol good luck that family has enough lawyers and cash to bury some elkriver white trash Karen or even a neighborhood full of them  

But better question is why ? They own most of the land around the place I can't even picture a house close by at all 

It’s some dumbass on the south east corner of their property. You can find it on google maps. It basically behind their dumpsters.

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

because apparently complaining publicly about anything one is irritated about is envogue. 

lot of nimbys in the world, but it's not my back yard.  

https://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/2022/05/erx-motor-park-faces-local-challenges-questions-about-future/

Again the neighbors must not know who they are fucking with . The Playsteds own endless lots of big rigs and heavy equipment and that spot has been a home base for decades . He can store all his shit there and start running graveyard  crews delivering back to the storage facility's evey night leagaly and is the kind of his who can afford it and would do it as a huge fuck you to the cunts who were bothered by a race a few times a yr. And I my self would lol at every story about it. 

Then they will get7 sick of the 2am  d9s unloding and the big rigs Jake breaking to turn in and the beeping when. Get driven out sell cheep because they border a heavy equipment lot and the playsteds will just pay cash and deduct the whole purchase as a buisness expense and have the land they need .

And the majority of elkriver buisness owners will be happy about it 

24 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

I heard some rumblings that the Outlaw class at Haydays could see a 160 mph pass, probably from a Hypersports sled. Imagine going 160 mph in 500', that is insane.

They were close to 160 last year. So it isn’t out of the question.

12 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

They live across the road from a giant trash dump that stinks like hit garbage most days but are worried over a little noise a few days a year classic Karen 

• Like 1

we had grass drags at a local resort here in greenville ny that was our "official" kick off. usually october, we had warm days and frigid ones. this was the best non riding snowmobile thing ever. anyone you knew who rides was there. party in the parking lot, beers all over, racing , pits, and just an all out good time 20 minutes from home. and the bbq beef sandwiches were to die for. i would eat 2, bring 2 home and eat another. we all miss it, but they sold the venue. i loved the amount of shit talking, and we know sledders are heavy brand loyal and it entertaining. especially when folks told shit talkers to "go get it" and run it