Check your account email address ×

Hay Days 2022

8 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Who gives a fuck go or don't.  It is only the biggest snomobile event in the fucking world . I van see why it would be such a hard decision.  I mean when you could stay home and watch the wife watch TV. 

Or, I could go to the cottage, have a fire, fish, relax... have a beer.

Good sales pitch.  😆

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Good sales pitch.  😆

It’s like the Mn state fair, with less carnies and more garbage. If you remove the flea market part of it, it’s not really that big. I can see the whole thing in about 3 hours or less. 

If I knew they'd be carrying leftover (2022) Klim or even the newer Polaris gear, I'd give it a strong consideration.  But I think all the supply chain bullshit is limiting that stuff again.  And, I'm sure a lot of it would be snagged before we'd get there (around 10AM) on Saturday.

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

If I knew they'd be carrying leftover (2022) Klim or even the newer Polaris gear, I'd give it a strong consideration.  But I think all the supply chain bullshit is limiting that stuff again.  And, I'm sure a lot of it would be snagged before we'd get there (around 10AM) on Saturday.

It would be the same price as buying it from your local dealer. And it wouldn’t be covered in dirt after carrying it around all day.

28 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

It would be the same price as buying it from your local dealer. And it wouldn’t be covered in dirt after carrying it around all day.

I don't have a local dealer ... the closest thing is Scheel's.  And they don't have any leftover stuff, which is what we've found in the past at Hay Days (well, I'm talking probably 6 or 7 years ago).  The year old stuff was still expensive, but it was marked down from the current year items.

5 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Good sales pitch.  😆

Again I can see why a snomobile guy would rather sit around the fire like every other sat night in the spring summer and fall when the largest snowmobile event in the world is less than a w hr drive away . 

Honestly you prob should not go if your idea of a great time is sitting around a fire sipping on a fucking growler like you have 800 times before . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bontz said:

The best deals are gone by 330 Friday 

• Like 1

I've always liked to shop for clothes there....but haven't really bought as the deals/colors aren't usually what I want, but being 6'7" having a way of trying on stuff quickly from every manufacturer is huge.  With the supply chain shit I wouldn't expect any deals this year.

4 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

I've always liked to shop for clothes there....but haven't really bought as the deals/colors aren't usually what I want, but being 6'7" having a way of trying on stuff quickly from every manufacturer is huge.  With the supply chain shit I wouldn't expect any deals this year.

Haven't been deals on any clothing since 2019.  Dennis Kirk runs a 10% off promo the week after Haydays usually so I just ordered my stuff.  Tried a few boots on at Haydays to see what I liked.  Thought about it a few days and just ordered them online.  Shipped to my door instead of having to lug it across the site to my truck.

Yep - it's difficult to beat the idea of ordering online and having it shipped right to your door ... and potentially returning the item if needed.  Add to that, saving the $50 a guy's gotta pay for parking and entrance at Hay Days ... any "deal" isn't really that great of a deal.  I do think the ability to try stuff on, whether it's bibs, coats, boots, gloves, helmets ... whatever ... is a huge bonus.  But not really necessary.

1 hour ago, teamgreen02 said:

Haven't been deals on any clothing since 2019.  Dennis Kirk runs a 10% off promo the week after Haydays usually so I just ordered my stuff.  Tried a few boots on at Haydays to see what I liked.  Thought about it a few days and just ordered them online.  Shipped to my door instead of having to lug it across the site to my truck.

Same thing with the snow shows.  Haven't gone to the Milwaukee show for years.  By time you pay for parking and admission to get in you have $30.00 invested and haven't bought a thing yet.  Some of the larger dealers such as Ken's and Ecklund that use to have some decent deals no longer go and now have their own in-house snow show the same weekend as the Milwaukee show.  The guys at Ecklund said they just kept raising the space fee that it wasn't worth it.

As far as Hay Days if you haven't gone you should go at least once.  Still gets the season and enthusiasm going.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

It is worth a trip if it has been 10 yrs for you . They really have the shit in order at the new site 

We are going this year.  I've only been to the new location once.  Used to go to the old spot every year, grew up close by.

Guy at the TRF show was telling me to go in the back way to avoid the traffic backup, I'll have to look into that

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

We are going this year.  I've only been to the new location once.  Used to go to the old spot every year, grew up close by.

Guy at the TRF show was telling me to go in the back way to avoid the traffic backup, I'll have to look into that

I always park in the west lot.  Get there early in the morning and park in the first few rows.  Easy to get in and out of and close to the majority of the swap.  Try not to carry a case of oil any further than I have to.

2 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

I always park in the west lot.  Get there early in the morning and park in the first few rows.  Easy to get in and out of and close to the majority of the swap.  Try not to carry a case of oil any further than I have to.

I'm always a fan of people who bitch about how far away parking in or how long it too them to get in.

Don't show up at 10:30 on Saturday...

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Doug said:

Same thing with the snow shows.  Haven't gone to the Milwaukee show for years.  By time you pay for parking and admission to get in you have $30.00 invested and haven't bought a thing yet.  Some of the larger dealers such as Ken's and Ecklund that use to have some decent deals no longer go and now have their own in-house snow show the same weekend as the Milwaukee show.  The guys at Ecklund said they just kept raising the space fee that it wasn't worth it.

As far as Hay Days if you haven't gone you should go at least once.  Still gets the season and enthusiasm going.  

I got some new old poo e vent bibs at Ken's at hay days 2 yrs ago 12 bucks a pr lol . I got 4 pr cuz why not . Went back to trailer and buds were like no shit so we went back there all gone . Again Friday deal 

4 hours ago, mnstang said:

Co rd 70 entrance by club house and the big red silo.  That is where imho is best place to park if coming on Sat 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Not greg b said:

It’s like the Mn state fair, with less carnies and more garbage. If you remove the flea market part of it, it’s not really that big. I can see the whole thing in about 3 hours or less. 

I have the greatest Carny story you've never heard, yet.  Remind me to tell you the next time we're drinking.  😂

9 hours ago, Bontz said:

Country Cat honestly has the best deals on Klim gear post season I've found, if you're into that kind of pretentious quality gear.  ;)

7 hours ago, Bontz said:

I don't have a local dealer ... the closest thing is Scheel's.  And they don't have any leftover stuff, which is what we've found in the past at Hay Days (well, I'm talking probably 6 or 7 years ago).  The year old stuff was still expensive, but it was marked down from the current year items.

Scheels?  That's the Cabela's of MN right?

6 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Again I can see why a snomobile guy would rather sit around the fire like every other sat night in the spring summer and fall when the largest snowmobile event in the world is less than a w hr drive away . 

Honestly you prob should not go if your idea of a great time is sitting around a fire sipping on a fucking growler like you have 800 times before . 

Why are you being so angry about this?  I'll come and buy you a beer if you promise to wear a mask and show me your vax card.  :lol2:

6 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

The best deals are gone by 330 Friday 

another good selling point

I've always found the best deals at flea markets to be on the last day when they don't want to pack shit up. 

best pickings, I'd agree with Friday 

6 hours ago, Deephaven said:

at 6-7 I can't imagine trying to shop for clothing, because I hate shopping at 5-10 😆

6 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

have you considered getting one of those mobility scooters? 

44 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I'm always a fan of people who bitch about how far away parking in or how long it too them to get in.

Don't show up at 10:30 on Saturday...

Like people that will circle the parking lot at the gym or Walmart, then spend an hour on the elliptical or wandering around looking at shit.

people are lazy, and getting lazier.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

😂have you considered getting one of those mobility scooters? 

Yes. A bucket of cheese curds, a footlong corn dog, and half a dozen beers combined with all that walking really makes my cankles swell.

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
21 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Who gives a fuck go or don't.  It is only the biggest snomobile event in the fucking world . I van see why it would be such a hard decision.  I mean when you could stay home and watch the wife watch TV. 

That’s the only reason I need 😂. We talk about going every year but we always end up saying screw it save the money for riding. We are halfway across the country though if I was within half days ride I’d go no question.

• Like 1

Just now, 800renegaderider said:

That’s the only reason I need 😂. We talk about going every year but we always end up saying screw it save the money for riding. We are halfway across the country though if I was within half days ride I’d go no question.

Yep I have flown out to Denver for that show a few times when you could still score RT for about 120 bucks .

I have industry  buds who drive  every yr from as far as Washington but they make money off of it .

I don't think it would be worth it to drive in unless you had a swap spot so you could camp for the weekend . 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bontz said:

Klim has gone to shit since the poo buyout....

54 minutes ago, krom said:

Klim has gone to shit since the poo buyout....

51 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Yep . But to be fair they started the slide to shit before poo took them over .

I guess I'd have to see the shit quality first hand before I believed you two :lol2:

All joking aside, I've had my Klim gear since 2014, so I'm due for some new stuff ... and the gear I currently own has been pretty damn good.  I don't see myself buying FXR, Motofist, or whatever other brand (Carharts!! LOL)