Check your account email address ×

Are you better off now than 2 years ago?

Pete

13 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

I don't think people blame Biden they just see him as incompetent. The Dems have the levers of power and in the last two years have done little if anything to improve the situation and I think the voters see it.

people love, and I mean LOVE blaming all their personal incompetence on the POTUS... it's ludicrous really.

'I did that' 

really?

rubes 

18 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

I don't think people blame Biden they just see him as incompetent. The Dems have the levers of power and in the last two years have done little if anything to improve the situation and I think the voters see it.

There’s also a lot of drama momma shit going on. “this is the end of the world” stuff. That’s been been fed big time by the media. Fact is that I nflation will run its course. The Dow will recover. Gas prices will drop. Life will go on. 

9 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

There’s also a lot of drama momma shit going on. “this is the end of the world” stuff. That’s been been fed big time by the media. Fact is that I nflation will run its course. The Dow will recover. Gas prices will drop. Life will go on. 

Right but senseless spend along party lines in Congress just makes inflation worse and prolonged and the money is not even going to anything of importance. 

Just now, Carlos Danger said:

Right but senseless spend along party lines in Congress just makes inflation worse and prolonged and the money is not even going to anything of importance. 

How is this different than any other time? 

Compare the UE rate in Aug. 2020 to now, compare the FED's interest rates, and add in the 3+ trillion in stimulus and PPP, hard to say things were better then. While we are in a recession it's not as bad as most if not all I have lived through. 

21 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

How is this different than any other time? 

Things are never going back to anything remotely resembling reasonable. A half ton truck is 60k and up , a years healthcare is 24k for a family of 4. Everything is double the price it was 5 years ago and it isn’t coming down ever. The middle class got way poorer , the poor are still poor and the rich got way way way richer 

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, akvanden said:

Subjective. Defined by happiness? Net wealth?

Playing a knowitall on an obscure sled site seems to define it for some.😉 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

17 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Things are never going back to anything remotely resembling reasonable. A half ton truck is 60k and up , a years healthcare is 24k for a family of 4. Everything is double the price it was 5 years ago and it isn’t coming down ever. The middle class got way poorer , the poor are still poor and the rich got way way way richer 

This is a combination of factors colliding. The great resignation, collapse of supply chains, war in Europe, the elimination of QE, massive worker shortage. It’ll take some time but things will sort out. The healthcare issue will only be resolved with socialized medicine. As for the rest, supply and demand will sort it out. It always does. 

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Playing a knowitall on an obscure sled site seems to define it for some.😉 

True, happiness has increased with all my new friends I’ve met on the site. And the feeling of friendship is mutual, I just know it.

• Haha 5

• Platinum Contributing Member

It's pretty much a wash for me. Our company has 5 year contracts, so I knew exactly what I would be making long in advance. This is the last year of our contract and we were supposed to get $1.00 raise in August. We actually got $1.82 with a cost of living increase added to our raise. Definitely noticeable in the paycheck but I'm finding the cost of fuel and groceries more than offset the raise.....it's a wash. But we are definitely not better as a country as a whole, many are struggling and living paycheck to paycheck. Much of middle and lower class fit into this category. Inflation is taking its toll.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

This is a combination of factors colliding. The great resignation, collapse of supply chains, war in Europe, the elimination of QE, massive worker shortage. It’ll take some time but things will sort out. The healthcare issue will only be resolved with socialized medicine. As for the rest, supply and demand will sort it out. It always does. 

You just ignored the erosion of purchasing power the middle class has been experiencing for the last 40 years. 

• Like 1

Income is down about 20% due to retirement, but proper planning and smart living has me in a better place financially, but I would be in a much better place without this 0% inflation we are experiencing.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

people love, and I mean LOVE blaming all their personal incompetence on the POTUS... it's ludicrous really.

'I did that' 

really?

rubes 

So food costing 2x what it did last yr cars costing 15k more trucks 25k more is there own ludicrous incompetence . Got it 

Edited by Ez ryder
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

It's pretty much a wash for me. Our company has 5 year contracts, so I knew exactly what I would be making long in advance. This is the last year of our contract and we were supposed to get $1.00 raise in August. We actually got $1.82 with a cost of living increase added to our raise. Definitely noticeable in the paycheck but I'm finding the cost of fuel and groceries more than offset the raise.....it's a wash. But we are definitely not better as a country as a whole, many are struggling and living paycheck to paycheck. Much of middle and lower class fit into this category. Inflation is taking its toll.

1.82 fuck I jacked up 35 bucks a hr per guy  over the last 2 yrs and I am on the low end of rate hikes . My sparky is 50 bucks more the plumbers are 40 bucks more painters 20 

It is a bitch giving a accurate quote now days when you won't even be starting a job for 5 mo or more . Have to have a clear  price increase conversation with homeowners 

• Gold Member
13 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

1.82 fuck I jacked up 35 bucks a hr per guy  over the last 2 yrs and I am on the low end of rate hikes . My sparky is 50 bucks more the plumbers are 40 bucks more painters 20 

It is a bitch giving a accurate quote now days when you won't even be starting a job for 5 mo or more . Have to have a clear  price increase conversation with homeowners 

That must go over like a turd in a punch bowl . 

Just now, EvilBird said:

That must go over like a turd in a punch bowl . 

No people are just happy to get on a list . Also I really don't take new customers my people know and trust me . 

95% I have worked for them or there close family .lol I work for customers kids now that we're in grade school when I did the first jobs for there mom and dad .

• Like 2

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

No people are just happy to get on a list . Also I really don't take new customers my people know and trust me . 

95% I have worked for them or there close family .lol I work for customers kids now that we're in grade school when I did the first jobs for there mom and dad .

thats the way to do it man, keep it local, keep the good customers . the rest is just more headaches :thumb: