Check your account email address ×

Are you better off now than 2 years ago?

Pete

6 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Your plan was to leave private practice because you could not retire comfortably.  Instead you needed a public funded job to have some type of retirement.  You really couldn't make it on your own doing it, so you needed a public job.  Sounds to me as if you just couldn't make it in the private sector doing your job.  If you call that planning, I guess, but I don't. 

Being retired at 60 fucking rocks. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Prove that what I said is bullshit and that retirees are now better off with the current system. And yes, I’m enjoying my pension. 

You made the claim you prove it.  The public sector can afford to offer defined benefit pensions most private companies cannot.  Im glad yours is fully funded, many if not most are not.  CTs a perfect example.

2 hours ago, Doomxz600 said:

Its called record profits 

They are too expensive for most private companies to fund.  The public sector doesnt have such realities to contend with.

Just now, DriftBusta said:

You made the claim you prove it.  The public sector can afford to offer defined benefit pensions most private companies cannot.  Im glad yours is fully funded, many if not most are not.  CTs a perfect example.

They are too expensive for most private companies to fund.  The public sector doesnt have such realities to contend with.

I call bullshit on that. The fact that the investor has become primary to the employee is obvious. It was simply hurried along by legislation crafted during the “80’s. There’s more proof on my side of the argument than yours. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
23 hours ago, Pete said:

Spends more time on FS than just about anyone.

Constant republican TDS responses and threads.

Constantly follows certain members to attack at every angle.

Thats the definition of obsessed.. You’re the queen of it 

18 hours ago, Pete said:

Good God what a pathetic piece of shit. Can’t survive on his own so let the tax payer handle it.. Gutter trash  of the highest order… No wonder why he’s a lefty

13 hours ago, Pete said:

Please.. enjoy the assistance 

11 minutes ago, Pete said:

Needs public assistance to live in a fucking van. That’s one hell of a career..

Fucking priceless.🤣🤣

16 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Being retired at 60 fucking rocks. 

I know,  You failed at the private sector and in order to retire, you had to rely on the public sector and the retirement they offered that any private company couldn't. 

14 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

He knows this and his actions prove it.  It is just that he won't admit it.  Like most thought on here, he couldn't make it without help from the public sector.  Hell, he still has to sponge off others.  Can you imagine if everyone had a plan to work in the public sector in order to retire...because they can't rely on their private sector job to pay the bills.

Edited by racer254

14 minutes ago, racer254 said:

I know,  You failed at the private sector and in order to retire, you had to rely on the public sector and the retirement they offered that any private company couldn't. 

He knows this and his actions prove it.  It is just that he won't admit it.  Like most thought on here, he couldn't make it without help from the public sector.  Hell, he still has to sponge off others.  Can you imagine if everyone had a plan to work in the public sector in order to retire...because they can't rely on their private sector job to pay the bills.

Thank you for my early retirement. :lol: Keep working!!

32 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I call bullshit on that. The fact that the investor has become primary to the employee is obvious. It was simply hurried along by legislation crafted during the “80’s. There’s more proof on my side of the argument than yours. 

Yup it was called a 401K

25 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Hey numb nuts you think public sector jobs are easier?

lmao

Just now, racer254 said:

Relying on the public sector because you can't make it on your own should be a goal of everyone.  Right?

You seem jealous. Are you blaming others for your failure in life?

Maybe Spin can give you some free advice.

Just now, Mainecat said:

You seem jealous. Are you blaming others for your failure in life?

Maybe Spin can give you some free advice.

Hardly, just don't particularly care for people who perpetuate a lie.  He couldn't retire unless he had a public job. 

13 hours ago, SSFB said:

And now you have the time to do work on the house yourself. :bc: My uncle in NY has been doing a lot of that after he got out of the Army. 

Waiting on a quote for new siding, and doing the preliminary work to having the kitchen gutted and replaced.

56 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Your plan was to leave private practice because you could not retire comfortably.  Instead you needed a public funded job to have some type of retirement.  You really couldn't make it on your own doing it, so you needed a public job.  Sounds to me as if you just couldn't make it in the private sector doing your job.  If you call that planning, I guess, but I don't. 

33 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Again, not sticking up for the guy, but would you like to have a pension in retirement? Are you not going to get one? Seems to me you are more concerned about what others have done to be able to live life in retirement than what you are doing to live life in retirement.

We got a public pension and a private pension.... what does that do to your dichotomy?

5 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Compared to?

:lol:

What a moron.

My wife as a salaried manager worked 55-60 hours a week, and a lot of time on weekends, to get shit done. You can paint with that broad brush if you like, just know you are missing a few spots.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Hardly, just don't particularly care for people who perpetuate a lie.  He couldn't retire unless he had a public job. 

How exacty does that affect you?

Have you got 40 years with the same job? Have you gone from a GS4 to a GS14, then onto a management career?

If you think dealing with the government is a shit show, try dealing with it from the inside... you have no idea.

Didn't want to use the J word others are using, but it's getting hard not to...

1 minute ago, Snake said:

Waiting on a quote for new siding, and doing the preliminary work to having the kitchen gutted and replaced.

Again, not sticking up for the guy, but would you like to have a pension in retirement? Are you not going to get one? Seems to me you are more concerned about what others have done to be able to live life in retirement than what you are doing to live life in retirement.

We got a public pension and a private pension.... what does that do to your dichotomy?

My wife as a salaried manager worked 55-60 hours a week, and a lot of time on weekends, to get shit done. You can paint with that broad brush if you like, just know you are missing a few spots.

If a pension is offered, that is great.  Constantly being dishonest as a mental health professional explains a lot about him.  I don't particularly care for people like that.  I think many others on this site understand the type of person he is as well.  There was a video on here about steven seagal, IMO, it describes exactly how spincry acts.  Know-it-all with a god complex that would not make it without the help of others.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Snake said:

How exacty does that affect you?

Have you got 40 years with the same job? Have you gone from a GS4 to a GS14, then onto a management career?

If you think dealing with the government is a shit show, try dealing with it from the inside... you have no idea.

Didn't want to use the J word others are using, but it's getting hard not to...

Did he?  Was spincry in the armed forces?  I thank you for your service as I have full respect for anyone that served.  I was denied entry into the armed forces. 

Edited by racer254

2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

If a pension is offered, that is great.  Constantly being dishonest as a mental health professional explains a lot about him.  I don't particularly care for people like that.  I think many others on this site understand the type of person he is as well.  There was a video on here about steven seagal, IMO, it describes exactly how spincry acts.  Know-it-all with a god complex that would not make it without the help of others.

I can be just as obnoxious and banal about my lot in life right now as well. When you P L A N and that plan comes to a head, let me tell you, it is a helluva drug. If nothing else, if a low grade moron such as myself can pull it off, anyone... especially a college educated person in the health care field, can pull it off.

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

That would definitely be nice

We are 57 and will never work another day in our lives.

Planned.

3 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Did he?  Was spincry in the armed forces?  I thank you for your service as I have full respect for anyone that served.  I was denied entry into the armed forces. 

I was not even referring to me. My wife had been in the public sector all that time. Part time at a Veteran's home when she was 16 years old, and worked her way up over the next 4 decades. We are not even drawing her military pension at this point.

I have problems with a lot of what the public sector has to offer, starting with her inability over 4 years to get a piece of driftwood fired, but couldn't due to 'rules'.

Again, don't jump on all the people who work there as a rule. I have seen a  lot over the years....

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Snake said:

I can be just as obnoxious and banal about my lot in life right now as well. When you P L A N and that plan comes to a head, let me tell you, it is a helluva drug. If nothing else, if a low grade moron such as myself can pull it off, anyone... especially a college educated person in the health care field, can pull it off.

Planned.

That would be nice too, I think I'd always still cut grass, it's an enjoyable side hustle, good cash, and I get a stellar tan..I'm just not someone who can really relax and chill out for days on end but nothing wrong with someone who can and chooses to

1 minute ago, Snake said:

Planned.

Sounds like you planned to go into the military and work your way up in a career.  That is planning.   I believe there is a big difference between that and what others have done.

12 minutes ago, Snake said:

There are many that put in less than half that time though, and that's more the norm.  Sure there are many hard working public sector employees but there are more slackers than the private sector as we don't see an exodus leaving to join the private sector.

Just now, Snake said:

I was not even referring to me. My wife had been in the public sector all that time. Part time at a Veteran's home when she was 16 years old, and worked her way up over the next 4 decades. We are not even drawing her military pension at this point.

I have problems with a lot of what the public sector has to offer, starting with her inability over 4 years to get a piece of driftwood fired, but couldn't due to 'rules'.

Again, don't jump on all the people who work there as a rule. I have seen a  lot over the years....

Nope, just jumped on one I think deserved it.