Check your account email address ×

Are you better off now than 2 years ago?

Pete

44 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

So food costing 2x what it did last yr cars costing 15k more trucks 25k more is there own ludicrous incompetence . Got it 

I can't defend food prices, but ask corporate America wtf is up while you're angry.  

No one 'needs' a new car or truck, snowmobile, atv, boat, camper, sxs's, etc.  that's just shit dreamy eyed middle class white people believe their entitled to.

how about affordable health care and health insurance?  I know to the dollar what our family spends on insurance, deductibles, copays and prescription drugs.  it is more than a payment on a f150 lightning...

displaced and misplaced frustration over the wrong topics that's America in a nutshell today, and it's how the politicians have divided, conquered and not done a fucking thing for the betterment of our country.

hey, if we get people to focus on gas prices, abortions and guns... we won't have to perform our actual jobs.

this country is fucked :)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, f7ben said:

Things are never going back to anything remotely resembling reasonable. A half ton truck is 60k and up , a years healthcare is 24k for a family of 4. Everything is double the price it was 5 years ago and it isn’t coming down ever. The middle class got way poorer , the poor are still poor and the rich got way way way richer 

the strangest thing is, it's not just happening in amErIcKA 

clearly all the blame should be laid at the feet of who is currently occupying 1600 Penn. 

rubes... 

9 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I can't defend food prices, but ask corporate America wtf is up while you're angry.  

No one 'needs' a new car or truck, snowmobile, atv, boat, camper, sxs's, etc.  that's just shit dreamy eyed middle class white people believe their entitled to. Any argument you make just lost any credibility.

how about affordable health care and health insurance?  I know to the dollar what our family spends on insurance, deductibles, copays and prescription drugs.  it is more than a payment on a f150 lightning... With planning insurance can be as little as $50 a month.

displaced and misplaced frustration over the wrong topics that's America in a nutshell today, and it's how the politicians have divided, conquered and not done a fucking thing for the betterment of our country. The topics you disagree with.....

hey, if we get people to focus on gas prices, abortions and guns... we won't have to perform our actual jobs. Guns are a right. Don't fuck with rights.

Bless your heart....

Edited by Snake

19 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Your obsession is bizarre.

Spends more time on FS than just about anyone.

Constant republican TDS responses and threads.

Constantly follows certain members to attack at every angle.

Thats the definition of obsessed.. You’re the queen of it 

11 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

No one 'needs' a new car or truck, snowmobile, atv, boat, camper, sxs's, etc.  that's just shit dreamy eyed middle class white people believe their entitled to.

how about affordable health care and health insurance?  I know to the dollar what our family spends on insurance, deductibles, copays and prescription drugs.  it is more than a payment on a f150 lightning...

displaced and misplaced frustration over the wrong topics that's America in a nutshell today, and it's how the politicians have divided, conquered and not done a fucking thing for the betterment of our country.

hey, if we get people to focus on gas prices, abortions and guns... we won't have to perform our actual jobs.

Don't get me started on what happend to the cost of my heathcarw under oboma . Over 2x the cost yr 1 now over 4 times the cost under the "affordable " Healthcare act . Fucking scam 

And only 1 person in this conversation supports govenments and the so called work they do 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Don't get me started on what happend to the cost of my heathcarw under oboma . Over 2x the cost yr 1 now over 4 times the cost under the "affordable " Healthcare act . Fucking scam 

And only 1 person in this conversation supports govenments and the so called work they do 

Why is it that it always seems like liberals support government and conservatives want government out of the way.  Hmm

Stop and look at america. There was only a small slice of years that the middle class saw its brightest time. Late “40’s through mid “80’s. Before and after that it started to suck. 

Edited by spin_dry
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

Stop and look at america. There was only a small slice of years that the middle class saw its brightest time. Late “40’s through mid “80’s. Before and after that it started to suck. 

The clintons were the start of the current corruption plaguing American policies and politics.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, racer254 said:

The clintons were the start of the current corruption plaguing American policies and politics.

Tax legislation during the Reagan years devastated the traditional defined benefit pension plans. Employees became less of a recognized resource and more of an expendable commodity favoring instead the investor. I really enjoy having an actual traditional pension that’s backed by a $130 billion self funded pool of money. 

• Like 1

• Gold Member

The downward spiral really kicked off with the Bush death cult . 

Clinton, Obama and Biden are all in with the gang. 

Trump with all his flaws and bullshit was still the only outsider we have had since. 

53 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Tax legislation during the Reagan years devastated the traditional defined benefit pension plans. Employees became less of a recognized resource and more of an expendable commodity favoring instead the investor. I really enjoy having an actual traditional pension that’s backed by a $130 billion self funded pool of money. 

Oh bullshit.  Enjoy your pension, but there is a reason most companies cant offer them anymore.

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Oh bullshit.  Enjoy your pension, but there is a reason most companies cant offer them anymore.

Prove that what I said is bullshit and that retirees are now better off with the current system. And yes, I’m enjoying my pension. 

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

How so?  Your pension is better now than what it would have been.

Edited by racer254

30 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

He's not entirely wrong Mark and a big reason is greed. Just look at the outsourcing of jobs to cheap foreign labor in the last 30 years.

Let me give you just one small example, my uncle walked out of Procter & Gamble at the age of 48 as a millionaire back in 1998 with nothing more invested in his job than a lunch pail. Now, I know that's a bit extreme but that isn't happening today. 

Not to mention, Spinner was a pubic employee (not a typo :lmao:) and the Wisconsin pubic employee fund is organized really well. I'd recommend todays youngsters pursue that before alot of other things when the prize at the end of the rainbow is that good. 

17 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

He's not entirely wrong Mark and a big reason is greed. Just look at the outsourcing of jobs to cheap foreign labor in the last 30 years.

Let me give you just one small example, my uncle walked out of Procter & Gamble at the age of 48 as a millionaire back in 1998 with nothing more invested in his job than a lunch pail. Now, I know that's a bit extreme but that isn't happening today. 

Not to mention, Spinner was a pubic employee (not a typo :lmao:) and the Wisconsin pubic employee fund is organized really well. I'd recommend todays youngsters pursue that before alot of other things when the prize at the end of the rainbow is that good. 

Good God what a pathetic piece of shit. Can’t survive on his own so let the tax payer handle it.. Gutter trash  of the highest order… No wonder why he’s a lefty

12 minutes ago, Pete said:

Good God what a pathetic piece of shit. Can’t survive on his own so let the tax payer handle it.. Gutter trash  of the highest order… No wonder why he’s a lefty

You survive an IED attack?

You do 12 months in a war zone?

Watch who you paint with your broad brush...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

It’s all about making the right choices in life. Planning ahead is key. The pension is fantastic. :) 

Our union pension is fully funded and guys can retire with full benefits at 55. That includes health insurance and a small life insurance policy. Its enough to live well on and you can still get another job if you are bored to death or just need to get away from the wife.

30 years in the trades does a number on your body, we shouldnt have to work ourselves into the grave. 

• Like 1