Check your account email address ×

Cheap gas on the way. Demand destruction about $4/gal

• spin_dry changed the title to Cheap gas on the way. Demand destruction about $4/gal
38 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

voting-for-biden.jpg.jpeg

And this is EXACTLY what they want.  They want everyone riding around in these over priced mass transit vehicles that have been damned near empty the last two years.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Was pretty happy, yesterday paid $4.44/gal at my local wholesale club for premium, 2 things I bought while shopping saved me .20/gal

35 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Was pretty happy, yesterday paid $4.44/gal at my local wholesale club for premium, 2 things I bought while shopping saved me .20/gal

Finally getting my road trip to Baja. Leaving Sunday. Have to blow some dust out of the wallet. Curious what gas will be south of the border. Maiden voyage in the Transit. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Finally getting my road trip to Baja. Leaving Sunday. Have to blow some dust out of the wallet. Curious what gas will be south of the border. Maiden voyage in the Transit. 

I thought you had a p/u with a bed camper?? Did you already move on from that??:lol:

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

I thought you had a p/u with a bed camper?? Did you already move on from that??:lol:

:lol: yep. I didn’t like it. The condensation in the 4 wheel camper was disgusting. The dodge was super road worthy and mpg was surprisingly good. But it just didn’t have the feel of a van in the back country. I bought a Quigley equipped Transit with a 3.7 liter cyclone motor. Lifted 3” and has the 4wd hardware of ford trucks. All the goodness of the Mercedes’ with none of the shittiness. I can actually get it serviced too. 

Edited by spin_dry
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

:lol: yep. I didn’t like it. The condensation in the 4 wheel camper was disgusting. The dodge was super road worthy and mpg was surprisingly good. But it just didn’t have the feel of a van in the back country. I bought a Quigley equipped Transit with a 3.7 liter coyote motor. Lifted 3” and has the 4wd hardware of ford trucks. All the goodness of the Mercedes’ with none of the shittiness. I can actually get it serviced too. 

That's cool man, post some pics some time, I like to see that stuff

3 hours ago, spin_dry said:

March 11 (Reuters) - Oil prices settled higher on Friday but posted their steepest weekly decline since November, as traders assessed potential improvements to the supply outlook that has been disrupted by Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

Crude prices have soared since the invasion, which Moscow calls a "special military operation."This week, futures benchmarks hit their highest levels since 2008, then pulled back sharply as some producing countries signalled they may boost supply.

On Friday, supply concerns grew when talks to revive the 2015 Iran nuclear deal faced the threat of collapse after a last-minute Russian demand forced world powers to pause negotiations. read more

Brent crude futures rose $3.34, or 3.1%, on Friday, settling at $112.67 a barrel, after hitting a session low of $107.13. U.S. West Texas Intermediate (WTI) crude futures rose $3.31, or 3.1%, to settle at $109.33 a barrel, off the session low of $104.48.

"Iran talks on hold is one factor supporting markets," said UBS analyst Giovanni Staunovo, adding that "market participants will now closely track Russian export data to get a sense how much (supply) is disrupted."

U.S. President Joe Biden said the G7 industrialized nations will revoke Russia's "most favored nation" trade status, and announced a U.S. ban on Russian seafood, alcohol and diamonds. The United States banned Russian oil this week. read more

Next week, Staunovo said, the focus will shift to oil market reports from the International Energy Administration (IEA) and the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC). Both have indicated the market should be oversupplied this year.

U.S. rig data from energy services firm Baker Hughes Co showed drillers added 13 oil and natural gas rigs, bringing the total to 663, the ninth increase in 10 weeks.

The data is an early indicator of future output. U.S. government officials have called on domestic and global producers to ramp up output. read more

Brent, which rose over 20% last week, was down 4.8% this week after hitting $139.13 on Monday. U.S. crude recorded a weekly drop of 5.7% after touching a high of $130.50 on Monday. Both contracts last touched these price peaks in 2008.

This week, the Russia-Ukraine conflict pushed the United States and many Western oil firms to stop buying Russian oil. There was talk of potential supply additions from Iran, Venezuela and the United Arab Emirates. read more

"We have a close eye on the pressure valves that will absorb the supply shock," said UBS head of economics Norbert Ruecker.

In the near term, supply gaps are unlikely to be filled by extra output from members of the OPEC and allies, together called OPEC+, given Russia is part of the grouping, Commonwealth Bank analyst Vivek Dhar said.

Oil Prices Ease As U.S. Rig Count Jumps

By Julianne Geiger - Mar 11, 2022, 12:08 PM CST

• The number of total active drilling rigs in the United States rose by 13 this week.
  • U.S. oil rig count rises by 8 rigs.
  • The rig count in the Permian Basin rose by 6 this week.

The number of total active drilling rigs in the United States rose by 13 this week as WTI trades near $109 per barrel.

The total rig count rose to 663 this week, while U.S. producers continue to prioritize fiscal discipline over risky investments to boost oil production.

Baker Hughes reported this week that the total active rig figure—oil, gas, and miscellaneous—is 261 rigs higher than the rig count this time in 2021.

Oil rigs rose by 8 to 527, while gas rigs were up by 5 to 135. Miscellaneous rigs stayed the same at 1.

While drilling activity has picked up in the United States over the last few months, U.S. production—a corollary to drilling rigs but with months of lag—has not. U.S. weekly production of crude oil stayed the same for the fifth week in a row at 11.6 million bpd, according to the latest Energy Information Administration for the week ending March 4.

The rig count in the Permian Basin rose by 6 this week, bringing the total rig count in the Permian basin to 316.

Primary Vision's Frac Spread Count, which tracks the number of completion crews finishing off previously drilled wells, shows that the frac spread fell by 10 to 280 in the week ending March 4th.

At 12:25 p.m. EST, oil prices were trending up on the day after falling on Thursday when the UAE suggested that it would support an OPEC production increase. The UAE later watered down its statement saying that it fully supported the OPEC alliance. Prices also received upward pressure from the Iran nuclear deal that was suspended on Friday—stripping away some of the hope that the market was holding onto regarding increased oil production from Iran.

At that time, WTI was trading at $109.10 per barrel—up 2.91% on the day but down $3 per barrel on the week. The Brent benchmark traded at $112 per barrel at that time, up 2.42% on the day but down nearly $2 per barrel on the week.  

Prices began to ease after the data release.

By Julianne Geiger for Oilprice.com

50 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Oil Prices Ease As U.S. Rig Count Jumps

By Julianne Geiger - Mar 11, 2022, 12:08 PM CST

• The number of total active drilling rigs in the United States rose by 13 this week.
  • U.S. oil rig count rises by 8 rigs.
  • The rig count in the Permian Basin rose by 6 this week.

The number of total active drilling rigs in the United States rose by 13 this week as WTI trades near $109 per barrel.

The total rig count rose to 663 this week, while U.S. producers continue to prioritize fiscal discipline over risky investments to boost oil production.

Baker Hughes reported this week that the total active rig figure—oil, gas, and miscellaneous—is 261 rigs higher than the rig count this time in 2021.

Oil rigs rose by 8 to 527, while gas rigs were up by 5 to 135. Miscellaneous rigs stayed the same at 1.

While drilling activity has picked up in the United States over the last few months, U.S. production—a corollary to drilling rigs but with months of lag—has not. U.S. weekly production of crude oil stayed the same for the fifth week in a row at 11.6 million bpd, according to the latest Energy Information Administration for the week ending March 4.

The rig count in the Permian Basin rose by 6 this week, bringing the total rig count in the Permian basin to 316.

Primary Vision's Frac Spread Count, which tracks the number of completion crews finishing off previously drilled wells, shows that the frac spread fell by 10 to 280 in the week ending March 4th.

At 12:25 p.m. EST, oil prices were trending up on the day after falling on Thursday when the UAE suggested that it would support an OPEC production increase. The UAE later watered down its statement saying that it fully supported the OPEC alliance. Prices also received upward pressure from the Iran nuclear deal that was suspended on Friday—stripping away some of the hope that the market was holding onto regarding increased oil production from Iran.

At that time, WTI was trading at $109.10 per barrel—up 2.91% on the day but down $3 per barrel on the week. The Brent benchmark traded at $112 per barrel at that time, up 2.42% on the day but down nearly $2 per barrel on the week.  

Prices began to ease after the data release.

By Julianne Geiger for Oilprice.com

Nothing motivates GOP's big oil more, as being able to gouge the consumer. 

6 hours ago, spin_dry said:

:lol: yep. I didn’t like it. The condensation in the 4 wheel camper was disgusting. The dodge was super road worthy and mpg was surprisingly good. But it just didn’t have the feel of a van in the back country. I bought a Quigley equipped Transit with a 3.7 liter coyote motor. Lifted 3” and has the 4wd hardware of ford trucks. All the goodness of the Mercedes’ with none of the shittiness. I can actually get it serviced too. 

I’m sure that 3 inch lift helps with the speed bumps the mall.  :lol:

• Haha 1

I'm calling BS who remembers Desert Storm and the burning oil fields of Kuwait we never saw oil jump prices anything like this. The 3% Russian oil my arss.

How would restrictions on Russian oil exports affect the US?“The first is with the oil supply, and the short answer is it would not affect the US that much,” Adam Pankratz, a professor at the University of British Columbia’s Sauder School of Business, told Al Jazeera.

220px-Oil_well_fires,_south_of_Kuwait_City,_1991.jpg

271902216_4640917862656300_5289572938502323703_n.jpg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

Making out check for heating oil, $4.82 a gallon......$830.00!! Holy shit!!! 

In three weeks I'll get another delivery/bill!! :mc:

$4.74/gallon here, in adjusted dollars.

Lady at the cardlock I use said she got 4 angry phone calls yesterday.

42 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

You're not burning all that firewood you cut?

I'm burning all my garbage, plastics, old oil. etc. in the outdoor wood boiler.

It's feels quite liberating.

• Haha 1