Check your account email address ×

Time for the 2023 Polaris unveiling

50 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

I used to be anti electric start. Then trying to pull over my 2005 Ram, never going without ever again. 30 lbs. If that is to much, lose some weight! Fuck the idiots!

Your a pussy so that makes sense although you implied you could use all the exercise you can get so perhaps it is time to man up.

Just now, Badger** said:

Cat over the last 5 years has not done much for the sport. Cat is dead in the water and needs something to pump new life to AC. At the end of the day its all about sales.  

Sold every sled they built the last 4 years! Best sales the last 2. What about sales again? Because selling the most is best? :wtf:

5 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Sold every sled they built the last 4 years! 

LOL and you bought all 3 of them.  Probably waiting to be delivered like your 2022.

7 hours ago, Badger** said:

Cat over the last 5 years has not done much for the sport. Cat is dead in the water and needs something to pump new life to AC. At the end of the day its all about sales.  

Not according to the Cat guys, sales are not important. Waiting for the Ford vs Ferrari comparo.

7 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Sold every sled they built the last 4 years! Best sales the last 2. What about sales again? Because selling the most is best? :wtf:

It's easy to sell all you make when you make very little. 5% share and going south

Actually, there are two ways to look at it:

1 - Is Cat lagging way behind Polaris and Ski Doo in sales?  Clearly, yes.  It has taken them 15-20 years to get to this point, where people wonder if this will be the last year for Cat.  They’re lagging behind in innovation, but worse than that they’re way lagging behind in image.  Sad.

2 - Did Cat sell every sled they could make, and a few more?  Absolutely, they did.  Could they sell sleds they can’t make?  I suppose they could, but running a production line at 100% capacity is any manufacturers dream.  I’m not going to speculate about what if the supply chain was solved tomorrow, I’m just saying that Cat is running at 100% capacity right now and that’s a very good thing.

Look at it however you prefer, but I see both at the same time.

58 minutes ago, Tripleflipper said:

It's easy to sell all you make when you make very little. 5% share and going south

I love it when an idiot comes out and states numbers he cannot back up. But ok. Will let you think you are smart. 

35 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

1 - Is Cat lagging way behind Polaris and Ski Doo in sales?  Clearly, yes.  It has taken them 15-20 years to get to this point, where people wonder if this will be the last year for Cat.  They’re lagging behind in innovation, but worse than that they’re way lagging behind in image.  Sad.

2 - Did Cat sell every sled they could make, and a few more?  Absolutely, they did.  Could they sell sleds they can’t make?  I suppose they could, but running a production line at 100% capacity is any manufacturers dream.  I’m not going to speculate about what if the supply chain was solved tomorrow, I’m just saying that Cat is running at 100% capacity right now and that’s a very good thing.

Except the capacity is artificially limited by other product lines.  They could build way more, but don't sell enough to allocate that over their other product lines.

37 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

Except ramstad said in another thread a week or so ago cat can only build half the sleds a day that they could a few yrs ago and they are looking to hire 500 more workers in order to get back to that capacity.  He also said since cat can't sell that many sleds to their own dealers its good they now make sleds for doo to help keep the plant running

1 hour ago, p51mstg said:

The first thing I thought when I saw The Lynx marketing video is they are going hard after Cat’s faithful. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, airflite1 said:

The first thing I thought when I saw The Lynx marketing video is they are going hard after Cat’s faithful. 

And they have the attention of a few of us ... 

;)

3 hours ago, airflite1 said:

I think it’s more at the assault guys that still “ride hard”. Cat doesn’t really have an uncoupled “trail” sled that’s relevant. Even if I was in that market idk if I’d think twice about an uncoupled Doo, the coupled ones don’t even turn worth a fuck.

2 hours ago, Palu49 said:

I think it’s more at the assault guys that still “ride hard”. Cat doesn’t really have an uncoupled “trail” sled that’s relevant. Even if I was in that market idk if I’d think twice about an uncoupled Doo, the coupled ones don’t even turn worth a fuck.

Something to compete with the assault, but their marketing is very aggressive and youthful like the old Cat marketing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Palu49 said:

Assault guys that ride hard?? That sled sucks at anything and will fold in 1/2 if you beat it hard. The riot is cats version to go after it. The lynx is to go after the rr/rxc/xrs/xcr buyer. Those sleds will run a circle around a riot or an assault. 

24 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Assault guys that ride hard?? That sled sucks at anything and will fold in 1/2 if you beat it hard. The riot is cats version to go after it. The lynx is to go after the rr/rxc/xrs/xcr buyer. Those sleds will run a circle around a riot or an assault. 

That’s what I’m saying, an uncoupled wheelie machine for people that think they ride too hard for an assault.

40 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Have you ridden an Assault?  Perhaps your definition of beat it hard is different than mine, but I am super impressed at how well it does at everything.  It is more work than the coupled shorter xcr in the tight stuff but is very composed.  The other negative is that when you jump it the sled likes to fly skis up so it is a bit hairier, but even landing stupidly because of it the chassis has been great.

45 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

That’s what I’m saying, an uncoupled wheelie machine for people that think they ride too hard for an assault.

The Riot is not coupled but does have the TCL to control said wheelies. Never understood why you want your ski's aiming to the sky. Not better for traction and I have never been able to turn for shit when my ski's were off the ground.