Check your account email address ×

Time for the 2023 Polaris unveiling

20 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Just show the sleds and the new tech. Don't need to listen to a person reading from a teleprompter. We have that in our fearless puppet president.

That would be an improvement over the Polaris presentations.  Even in the "detailed" walkthroughs, Polaris was sketchy on details.  I have found that people are impressed when a subject matter expert can talk details in a way that regular people understand.

13 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Won hun red 8 T 🐴 powa 

C0E3EFAC-44A5-4B55-8709-5788039E803D.jpeg

But, but, but can I put an aftermarket can on it?  NOPE!  Then, what good is all that power???

Seriously, I thought the turbo T-Cat stretched my arms another inch, I wonder how much longer they'd get after one pull on that thing?  I'd like to find out, please.  :thumb:

19 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

But, but, but can I put an aftermarket can on it?  NOPE!  Then, what good is all that power???

Seriously, I thought the turbo T-Cat stretched my arms another inch, I wonder how much longer they'd get after one pull on that thing?  I'd like to find out, please.  :thumb:

You sure can, can the electrics. I am going to install a lightweight tube Off my vacuum to magnify the sound 

9 minutes ago, nacapster said:

Aux high beams & a 90 HP 4-stroke with ECO, Standard, & Sport modes...could they copy Doo any more? LOL

They just need to add that dss theather or what ever skidoo calls it 

9 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

My guess is Troy Halverson will be doing the talking since he is in charge of the snowmobile production. 

That would be a good idea since they failed with tweetle dumb before.

8 hours ago, p51mstg said:

I sure hope so.

They need to study the Polaris presentation.  It's fairly short and it wouldn't be too much to ask that they watch it several times. 

The Polaris VP dude didn't try to get technical and do everything himself.  There were 5 people together in person and each worked together to pull it off.

I've spoken to John a few times.  He could have done it all himself, super capable guy and I expect the big things to continue to come out of Polaris under his lead.

• Like 1

Honest question, not that familiar with the in's and out's of Polaris sleds, are they more expensive than Ski Doo sleds this year? Love the ability to pick colors, but every time I select an Indy version with a 650 it ends up being close to or over 20k.

Just did an Indy Adventure 650 with electric start, 137, comes in at $20,200.

A VR1 650 with some color, 129, and electric start is $18,600

Plus Freight, PDI of course

Perhaps I'm not comparing apples to apples. See both have the 7s gauge included, and perhaps

better shocks?

A Renegade X 600 in yellow is only $15,700, does not have the upgrade gauge

A Blizzard 600 with 129 track is $16,200, again standard gauge

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

Build a base unit without the gauge and custom colors.  That is more apples to apples.

Ok, thanks, makes more sense, selected Indy SP 137, comes in at $14,999.

What would you compare that to, a Renegade X 600, or base Renegade?

Taiga's will be fast.  But impractical for those who like to put on the miles.  You have to be guaranteed a charging station at every stop or your f*kd.  But I don't doubt the torque would be awesome.

6 minutes ago, cats19 said:

Taiga's will be fast.  But impractical for those who like to put on the miles.  You have to be guaranteed a charging station at every stop or your f*kd.  But I don't doubt the torque would be awesome.

I don't think they will be all that fast. Quick, yes, but will run out of legs pretty fast. Not practical is a huge understatement though. Last weekend at the most popular stop (Ice Cracking), there were over 100 sleds. Where would you begin to charge that many? Never going to go mainstream in my lifetime. Very small market for such a thing.

3 hours ago, oldslowsledder said:

The Indy SP has non-adjustable shocks, not sure if there's anything else they skimped on.  Just having the "X" in the name, I'd guess the base renegade would probably be closer to it.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, oldslowsledder said:

Building a sled I would get from either of them, the Polaris xcr is about 1,000 bucks cheaper than the skidoo xrs. I think most of the cost difference is being able to order the Polaris with no estart 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Building a sled I would get from either of them, the Polaris xcr is about 1,000 bucks cheaper than the skidoo xrs. I think most of the cost difference is being able to order the Polaris with no estart 

have you considered the resale value without e-start?

pussies do

46 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

have you considered the resale value without e-start?

pussies do

I used to be anti electric start. Then trying to pull over my 2005 Ram, never going without ever again. 30 lbs. If that is to much, lose some weight! Fuck the idiots!