Check your account email address ×

Time for the 2023 Polaris unveiling

46 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Have you ridden an Assault?  Perhaps your definition of beat it hard is different than mine, but I am super impressed at how well it does at everything.  It is more work than the coupled shorter xcr in the tight stuff but is very composed.  The other negative is that when you jump it the sled likes to fly skis up so it is a bit hairier, but even landing stupidly because of it the chassis has been great.

Yeah there is one in my driveway right now. I am just not a fan of those sleds or how they handle when pushed hard in tight twisty, whoops. They just don’t handle or take the bumps that great compared to dedicated rough trail sled. Throwing a paddle track on a trail sled will make them good enough on the logging roads here 99% of people ride. If I did 50/50 off still I would get a mountain sled over an assault type sled 

23 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Yeah there is one in my driveway right now. I am just not a fan of those sleds or how they handle when pushed hard in tight twisty, whoops. They just don’t handle or take the bumps that great compared to dedicated rough trail sled. Throwing a paddle track on a trail sled will make them good enough on the logging roads here 99% of people ride. If I did 50/50 off still I would get a mountain sled over an assault type sled 

Compared to a trail burner that is true they are a lot of work.  The bumps I am always shocked how well it does.  You do have to hit them with the flipper though because if you are lazy it is not a great ride.

My next sled will be a 137 though...so not disagreeing that for trail there aren't better options.  I am not changing for the twisties or bumps, but for how it jumps.  I also don't need the length as a 1.75" 137" is more than fine for the off trail I get to play in.

41 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

My next sled will be a 137 though...so not disagreeing that for trail there aren't better options.  I am not changing for the twisties or bumps, but for how it jumps.  I also don't need the length as a 1.75" 137" is more than fine for the off trail I get to play in.

Yeah I have been on a 137 with my rr and the xc we got is a 137. I have to say that 137 xc with the cobra on it works well around here. It doesn’t chain saw to China in knee deep snow. I ride trail pretty much 95% of the time these days. The off trail I do ride it’s usually a logging road or fire trail to keep off the main trails. A trail sled has no problem when there is deep snow on those. 

Edited by Not greg b

2 hours ago, Not greg b said:

This would probably be a fun off trail sled for here. I would buy it because I like the color of it 

921FB6F0-06C7-4761-B6E5-AE72C5B24BDA.png

For Minneapolis/St Paul?

I like the idea of their 600 Enduro for a few simple reasons, 600 won't be doing sky high wheelies at will  all day but plenty of power for my local stuff, short track will turn easy in the woods and if you need a little ski lift it will with ease... and it's different.  In Europe trails aren't groomed like they are here so they buy big bump sleds.  The 'Interational' model RR's and Cross Country models were popular there due to shock packages and 1.75" lug tracks with appropriate gearing.

2 hours ago, Not greg b said:

This would probably be a fun off trail sled for here. I would buy it because I like the color of it 

921FB6F0-06C7-4761-B6E5-AE72C5B24BDA.png

For Minneapolis/St Paul?

I like the idea of their 600 Enduro for a few simple reasons, 600 won't be doing sky high wheelies at will  all day but plenty of power for my local stuff, short track will turn easy in the woods and if you need a little ski lift it will with ease... and it's different.  In Europe trails aren't groomed like they are here so they buy big bump sleds.  The 'Interational' model RR's and Cross Country models were popular there due to shock packages and 1.75" lug tracks with appropriate gearing.

13 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

For Minneapolis/St Paul?

My brother had that exact sled. Wish I could have bought it when he sold.

Anybody shut out that wanted one?  I just saw one dealer advertising what they had left, and it gave me an idea.  Maybe we could help search if someone was looking for something specific and couldn’t get it from their preferred dealer.

Or…. Order an Arctic Cat, you know you want to.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 3/3/2022 at 6:10 PM, Not greg b said:

I’m 54 and defintely not Ricky Trail Racer but this is why I ordered an XCR for next year and plan on selling my 21 Assault 144.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I’m 54 and defintely not Ricky Trail Racer but this is why I ordered an XCR for next year and plan on selling my 21 Assault 144.

You don’t even ride, you’re a poser, you didn’t even put on 500 miles in the last 2 years. More like Ricky Recliner. :lmao:

• Haha 1

On 3/11/2022 at 11:20 PM, Deephaven said:

I have been locked out of my 900r XCR 136

you and everyone else that might want one.  wonder if they'll bring it out in a 136/137 trail-mod or Switch or they'll just stick to the turbo 850's?  It's $20K+ for a Khaos 146 9R... :lol2: