Check your account email address ×

wrenchin sleds !!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111 not beginner lessons!!11

f7ben

I'll be swapping the track and slides on this 98 Summit next weekend.  Picked it up today for $450 and it came with a good finger track.  Carbides are so sharp they gouged the shit out of my slab.  Only 3800 miles but has a hanging idle.  

98 summit.jpg

• Like 2

Was just thinking this and had it for years and years but an uber simple way to work on skid and track.  A simple come-a-long and a good eye bolt into some garage joists and BAM!  I love this.  I’ve got a lift too but I this thing is an awesome way to work on the skid.77B9CAB3-78D1-4678-AE0E-A6E089477BD1.jpeg

1 hour ago, DAVE said:

Didn't your boy Vinny put pilots on his kitty before?

Yep and he wears a bv2s helmet with arctic cat stickers on it. :lol:

But don't worry, Vince bleeds green, he's not tempted by anything. :lol:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Was just thinking this and had it for years and years but an uber simple way to work on skid and track.  A simple come-a-long and a good eye bolt into some garage joists and BAM!  I love this.  I’ve got a lift too but I this thing is an awesome way to work on the skid.77B9CAB3-78D1-4678-AE0E-A6E089477BD1.jpeg

You just figured that out, Einstein? I've been doing that since the early nineties. But my set up is alot more ghetto, I used a ratchet strap. :lol:

12 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Ive always done it that way as well....some prefer to lie it on its side....fuck that.

36 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

I'll be swapping the track and slides on this 98 Summit next weekend.  Picked it up today for $450 and it came with a good finger track.  Carbides are so sharp they gouged the shit out of my slab.  Only 3800 miles but has a hanging idle.  

98 summit.jpg

That finger track is decent on the trail, but useless in the powder. For trail riding it will do fine.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Just got my hurricane flasher on with anti lag.   Studs, 4th wheel kit, scratchers, clutching, exhaust and pilot skis yet to go.  

20171201_211634.jpg

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Nice!

I like the in floor lift too, very slick.

Neal

Thanks.  They are sweet for wrenching.   

16 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Just got my hurricane flasher on with anti lag.   Studs, 4th wheel kit, scratchers, clutching, exhaust and pilot skis yet to go.  

20171201_211634.jpg

Did you go with the gap setup? What flash/flashes? The 240 race flash looks like the perfect trail setup with almost full boost by 5000rpm. Should be snappy down low :bc:

I always used a chainfall over a double joist when working on the rear of my Attak. Not taking a chance on dropping that big bitch on me. :lol:

41 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

You just figured that out, Einstein? I've been doing that since the early nineties. But my set up is alot more ghetto, I used a ratchet strap. :lol:

No.  But not everyone here is a throat slitting, economic and political mastermind so....let’s start simple.

:lol:

31 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Ive always done it that way as well....some prefer to lie it on its side....fuck that.

Agreed.  When I finally figure out the rest of my garage plan, I’m ging electric wench.  Gotta figure out how to lift the whole sled upstairs into my man cave.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Rw06GT said:

Did you go with the gap setup? What flash/flashes? The 240 race flash looks like the perfect trail setup with almost full boost by 5000rpm. Should be snappy down low :bc:

I always used a chainfall over a double joist when working on the rear of my Attak. Not taking a chance on dropping that big bitch on me. :lol:

Hurricane performance with gap flasher and anti lag.   He gives you 7 tunes with the kit.   Sweet set up.   Ill do some breakin miles then to the 280 race.  I like that with hurricane each hp setting has a race and trail flash.   Race modifies boost on the whole curve trail only after 7000.  Trail tunes might be tricky clutching for.  

1 hour ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

I have a rope ratchet set up that doubles as an un stucker in deep snow. 

SIDEWINDER.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

BS :news:

No

1 minute ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Tell the truth!

:news:

And more no .

I sold that sled last week .     Jay graciously hooked me up with a slightly used Pilot 5.7 to replace the one that I destroyed on my old sled last season. New sled is running the stock Artco shit skis .      :bc:

Just now, Sal Rosenberg said:

No

And more no .

I sold that sled last week .     Jay graciously hooked me up with a slightly used Pilot 5.7 to replace the one that I destroyed on my old sled last season. New sled is running the stock Artco shit skis .      :bc:

What about bags? :news:

10 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

No

And more no .

Cat skis are fine. Just add some beefy carbides. :bc: 

3 hours ago, Fireball 440 said:

98 summit.jpg

Is that a 136" track? I can remember riding with a guy that had one of those Summits back when I had my '98 MXZ 583. It's amazing how far mountain sleds have some since then. A 136" track is a trail sled today :thumb: