Check your account email address ×

wrenchin sleds !!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111 not beginner lessons!!11

f7ben

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Fireball 440 said:

got a local guy coming for the hood and how would you go about shipping large items like that? I only have USPS in town for shipping.

Put it on the stagecoach? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Fireball 440 said:

got a local guy coming for the hood and how would you go about shipping large items like that? I only have USPS in town for shipping.

Bubble wrap

48 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

10-1 in honkey town!!!!

One game :lol:

I find it more trouble than it's worth having to super wrap up odd shaped items and then man handle them into the post office.  Our post office is small Idk if they'd even take something like a snowmobile hood.  That would take up all the room in their little mail jeeps :lol:

Biggest item I've shipped was a seat and it takes a 1/2 hour just to package it up and another 1/2 hour to get it to the post office, $12 in tape and bubble wrap.

It hardly seems worth the extra effort when there's people within 100 miles that will come and pick it up with no effort on my part.  For this year anyways I've only been shipping USPS flat rate boxes and 2 sets of skis.  The rest is all local pickup only for tracks, skids, and big stuff.

Doing the chaincase oil and inspection. Probably swap the belt for a new one and keep the old one for a spare with 2400 miles on it. Pull the skid tommorow maybe or just grease the bitch and go. Wheels and bearings look and feel good. 

20171205_115644.jpg

1 hour ago, Fireball 440 said:

I find it more trouble than it's worth having to super wrap up odd shaped items and then man handle them into the post office.  Our post office is small Idk if they'd even take something like a snowmobile hood.  That would take up all the room in their little mail jeeps :lol:

Biggest item I've shipped was a seat and it takes a 1/2 hour just to package it up and another 1/2 hour to get it to the post office, $12 in tape and bubble wrap.

It hardly seems worth the extra effort when there's people within 100 miles that will come and pick it up with no effort on my part.  For this year anyways I've only been shipping USPS flat rate boxes and 2 sets of skis.  The rest is all local pickup only for tracks, skids, and big stuff.

You can ship just about anything. I bought a '14 Freeride rear skid off a guy in Canada last year from Dootalk. I forget what shipping was on it  I wanna say it was $45. All he did was zip tie everything together at the rails. Wrapped it in one layer of bubble wrap, then clear tape over the bubble wrap over the whole skid.   

Anyone interested in a '14 Freeride 137" rear skid, it's for sale.  Complete rear skid, no shocks.  I can't get pictures of it tomorrow. 

Sent these out to Ian today for trade ins for new center and rear shocks for the TNT. 

IMG_20171205_131700881.thumb.jpg.db86c73a56438e4d2c9ffd15e38886a0.jpg

Fronts are going to be these matching KYBs off a '12 XRS I bought last year . They are out getting serviced by a friend of mine who is local. 

7920.thumb.jpeg.8f4aa16bfe8cde776a58877dab28b472.jpeg

Haven't decided which ones I'm to go with yet for the rear skid.  Either Fox or Exit X-1s. The center XRS KYB won't work with the SC5 rear skid, so I talked to Ian yesterday and he is going to take them in on trade (along with the TNT fronts). The TNT rears are going out for service  tomorrow and will be going on the SC3 in the '99. The SC5 TNT rear skid shocks will bolt right in to the SC3 suspension. Fronts are going to be the original '99 HPGs. 

IMG_20171205_125512093.thumb.jpg.a9c67d6e4cd472c759107a2783c43377.jpg

IMG_20171205_125456427_HDR.thumb.jpg.8c7b12790d6359f7f96c58c402c43edd.jpg

• Platinum Contributing Member

sent a studded track to Newf up in the middle of nowhere via USPS and all I did was zip tie it...no box or packaging of any kind.  :thumbsup:

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 hour ago, Reevester said:

Doing the chaincase oil and inspection. Probably swap the belt for a new one and keep the old one for a spare with 2400 miles on it. Pull the skid tommorow maybe or just grease the bitch and go. Wheels and bearings look and feel good. 

20171205_115644.jpg

You gotta take the whole sled apart to change the chain case oil and a belt? You sure you are not rebuilding the whole thing? :news: 

7 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

You gotta take the whole sled apart to change the chain case oil and a belt? You sure you are not rebuilding the whole thing? :news: 

Gotta take the exhaust out to take the chaincase off and you have to take the "hood" off to get the exhaust off. Stupid.

You can loosen a few bolts if you just want to drain the oil, but I wanted to give it a check being a cat and all. 

:bc:

17 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Gotta take the exhaust out to take the chaincase off and you have to take the "hood" off to get the exhaust off. Stupid.

You can loosen a few bolts if you just want to drain the oil, but I wanted to give it a check being a cat and all. 

He's just busting yet nuts. :lol: Gotta do the same to service the chaincase on the XP, XS and G4s. No fuckin drain plugs either :flush: And the battery is in the way too if you have electric start 

Edited by SVT Renegade XRS

11 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

He's just busting yet nuts. :lol: Gotta do the same to service the chaincase on the XP, XS and G4s. No fuckin drain plugs either :flush: And the battery is in the way too if you have electric start 

I thought the doos didn't have a drain plug as well. So fucking dumb. 

51 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

You can ship just about anything. I bought a '14 Freeride rear skid off a guy in Canada last year from Dootalk. I forget what shipping was on it  I wanna say it was $45. All he did was zip tie everything together at the rails. Wrapped it in one layer of bubble wrap, then clear tape over the bubble wrap over the whole skid.   

Anyone interested in a '14 Freeride 137" rear skid, it's for sale.  Complete rear skid, no shocks.  I can't get pictures of it tomorrow. 

Sent these out to Ian today for trade ins for new center and rear shocks for the TNT. 

IMG_20171205_131700881.thumb.jpg.db86c73a56438e4d2c9ffd15e38886a0.jpg

Fronts are going to be these matching KYBs off a '12 XRS I bought last year . They are out getting serviced by a friend of mine who is local. 

7920.thumb.jpeg.8f4aa16bfe8cde776a58877dab28b472.jpeg

Haven't decided which ones I'm to go with yet for the rear skid.  Either Fox or Exit X-1s. The center XRS KYB won't work with the SC5 rear skid, so I talked to Ian yesterday and he is going to take them in on trade (along with the TNT fronts). The TNT rears are going out for service  tomorrow and will be going on the SC3 in the '99. The SC5 TNT rear skid shocks will bolt right in to the SC3 suspension. Fronts are going to be the original '99 HPGs. 

IMG_20171205_125512093.thumb.jpg.a9c67d6e4cd472c759107a2783c43377.jpg

IMG_20171205_125456427_HDR.thumb.jpg.8c7b12790d6359f7f96c58c402c43edd.jpg

you revalving those XRS shocks right not just recharging them.  prob valved too stiff out of the box vs your 16s they seemed to have softened them every year.  Fucking kid i bought the 16 Freeride from had all 4 of the shocks cranked up and was all of 170lbs must have rode terrible.  

1 minute ago, Reevester said:

I thought the doos didn't have a drain plug as well. So fucking dumb. 

they don't-  loosen bottom 3 bolts and crack it open.  at least they put a drain hole in the floorboard under it so it funnels right into the can

59 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

sent a studded track to Newf up in the middle of nowhere via USPS and all I did was zip tie it...no box or packaging of any kind.  :thumbsup:

If I were a postal worker I would hate people like you :lol:

I like to keep it boxed clean and simple.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Reevester said:

What a fucking piece of shit. :lol::bc: 

28 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

You dont need to take the pipe off or the hood. I just did it. Side panel comes off, Take the can off and the battery. Hes got the whole front end taken off. :lol: