Check your account email address ×

wrenchin sleds !!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111 not beginner lessons!!11

f7ben

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Damn these fools want stupid money for these 850's... 

I know.  I’ve been laughing myself but, like anything, they are worth what they can get for them.  There’s a seat for every ass and an ass for every seat!

Ahhh....the price some pay to be a “member”...  lol

A5B5F83F-2E72-4906-AC59-25C76BAD3B53.jpeg

Well with help from AKiqpilot, I have my primary clutch back together.

New spring and new weights.

Here is the new spring and old one side by side. 

received_538459706951313.jpeg

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 11/6/2019 at 12:22 PM, Jimmy Snacks said:

If you ever see this anywhere buy it..works like a champ! 

6CBE67D3-2C14-4F57-BC30-67A5583B4B79.jpeg.c730948449094fba482ea81992215f13.jpeg

That shits the bomb.  

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Did you go decide to go with a different spring rate?

Yes. Tom highly recommended the venom products spring. The original is a 120-340

15737696999407075138044059107131.jpg

The bushings in the weights were wore out as well. And of course you have to spend $120 in weights to get the bushings lol. Rollers were still good. Added some dry lubricant where Tom suggested and hopefully it solves all of my lack of speed issues.

I am pretty excited to ride this year. I put on rmk gripper skis with new carbides, rmk handle bars with my 6"-8" riser, float 2 front shocks, and now my clutch's spring isn't wore out and my weights aren't rubbing on the spider. Should be a totally different machine.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

The bushings in the weights were wore out as well. And of course you have to spend $120 in weights to get the bushings lol. Rollers were still good. Added some dry lubricant where Tom suggested and hopefully it solves all of my lack of speed issues.

I am pretty excited to ride this year. I put on rmk gripper skis with new carbides, rmk handle bars with my 6"-8" riser, float 2 front shocks, and now my clutch's spring isn't wore out and my weights aren't rubbing on the spider. Should be a totally different machine.

Yeah, I can’t wait to ride but it’s really exciting when you have some new goodies to test out.

35 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Prolly pull the sleds out of the trailer this weekend and get going thru them

I just got these black reflectors to replace the yellow/red ones and some new stomp grips to slap on.

Done and ready!

274264FF-EE5C-4BAD-A101-89D6BBA576BE.jpeg

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
38 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, I can’t wait to ride but it’s really exciting when you have some new goodies to test out.

I just got these black reflectors to replace the yellow/red ones and some new stomp grips to slap on.

Done and ready!

274264FF-EE5C-4BAD-A101-89D6BBA576BE.jpeg

Baller..haha

Clutch is installed. Now on to putting my hood/electrical back together. The parts rmk I bought back in September had hid's that are made for the Polaris IQ. So I am mounting the ballasts and everything. First time I won't have stock headlights on a sled. Excited to see how they perform. 

20191114_171402.jpg

Edited by Tomas.

On 11/6/2019 at 2:31 PM, Anler said:

Damn these fools want stupid money for these 850's... 

Exactly, its why I am on a doo 850.  They were less expensive than crazy prices people and dealers are asking for even used poo 850s.  I got a quote for a 2020 XC 850 which i fell in love with, until the price came back.  $15,220 USD, not including tax. Add studs, some storage, proper carbides, etc and you are well over $17k.  Ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

Throw a set on the seat too.  

Tried that on my last sled.  Put some clears on it.  Didn’t care for it.  I like to slide around on the seat more freely.  God damn things stick to that seat like hell though.  Fucked up my seat when I took them off.  :wall: 

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Tried that on my last sled.  Put some clears on it.  Didn’t care for it.  I like to slide around on the seat more freely.  God damn things stick to that seat like hell though.  Fucked up my seat when I took them off.  :wall: 

I just keep the seats I have put them on.