Check your account email address ×

wrenchin sleds !!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111 not beginner lessons!!11

f7ben

2 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

Great. Thank you.

Lots of material on the weights. Can I clean up the weights with some fine scotch-brite?

15730612652455586802868054082169.jpg

15730612240685908764198580018209.jpg

Clean away!  Use whatever you want to get that shit off.  Carb/brake cleaner is a good start.

The best cleaner I have ever used for removing belt dust or exhaust stains is this. Seems crazy but it works better than anything else I have tried or that has been recommended by anyone. I actually discovered it by accident when I was in the garage and I needed some detergent to clean something and I didnt have any. All I had was a small bottle of this shit. Been using it ever since.

81JO9vqIQQL._SL1500_.jpg

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, Anler said:

The best cleaner I have ever used for removing belt dust or exhaust stains is this. Seems crazy but it works better than anything else I have tried or that has been recommended by anyone. I actually discovered it by accident when I was in the garage and I needed some detergent to clean something and I didnt have any. All I had was a small bottle of this shit. Been using it ever since.

81JO9vqIQQL._SL1500_.jpg

I bought a jug of that shit for the shop...takes oil based paint off your hands.

10 minutes ago, Anler said:

81JO9vqIQQL._SL1500_.jpg

Ever try this? 

adf40a19-90c0-492c-ac84-2bddb4284200_1.aedec1ba31b6a16e50c77f67dffa6b06.jpeg_odn.jpg.1a9e1c491f89fa260e8e8d03dd6f32ce.jpg

Dollar store.  Works better than anything I've ever tried and it's cheap.  A lot of guys say Magic Eraser, but it's harsh in shiny plastic finish. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I bought a jug of that shit for the shop...takes oil based paint off your hands.

I have used it for all kinds of shit. Cleaning grout, stains, grease, you name it. It fucking works

Just now, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Ever try this? 

adf40a19-90c0-492c-ac84-2bddb4284200_1.aedec1ba31b6a16e50c77f67dffa6b06.jpeg_odn.jpg.1a9e1c491f89fa260e8e8d03dd6f32ce.jpg

Dollar store.  Works better than anything I've ever tried and it's cheap.  A lot of guys say Magic Eraser, but it's harsh in shiny plastic finish. 

i think the orange clean for textured stuff works better as the pumice gets in the dips.   I have a bottle of each in the garage.  

Just now, Angry ginger said:

i think the orange clean for textured stuff works better as the pumice gets in the dips.   I have a bottle of each in the garage.  

Worked great on my '99

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS

1 minute ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Ever try this? 

Probably not but I have tried a dozen different detergents and what not and I have access to distributors that sell all kinds of cleaners so I have had samples of just about everything. 

One time I had this salesman come to my house (he was selling door to door) with this best and greatest cleaner and I told him, "Tell you what, if this stuff will clean the exhaust stain off of my snowmobile I will buy it!" He said ok. So I took him in the garage and he was scrubbing his ass off. Then I said watch this. Put some hand cleaner on and cleaned it right up. He was defeated. I told him he should sell this shit. :lol: True story

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Oh and the hand cleaner doesnt fuck your skin up like alot of other cleaners do where you would need to use gloves. Obviously. :bc: 

Yeah I got tired of washing my hands with paint thinner...figured it probably wasn’t too healthy! :smack:

I called a local shop. They said for an epi rebuild kit $300. Polaris wants $430. Then they told me that CV tech sells power block clutches for  around $350-450. And that is a complete primary clutch bolt on, ready to go. 

How can it makes sense to rebuild this clutch for $350 (with spider socket) when I can buy an entire new clutch for pretty much the same price?

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

I called a local shop. They said for an epi rebuild kit $300. Polaris wants $430. Then they told me that CV tech sells power block clutches for  around $350-450. And that is a complete primary clutch bolt on, ready to go. 

How can it makes sense to rebuild this clutch for $350 (with spider socket) when I can buy an entire new clutch for pretty much the same price?

I would buy the new clutch if it were me...makes more sense IMO.

18 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I would buy the new clutch if it were me...makes more sense IMO.

Right. 

I searched for a power block clutch online to fit my sled and I didn't find anything. 

I messaged the Polaris master (AKiqpilot) yesterday but he he hasn't responded. Maybe his mail box of full. Or living in the sunshine is just that awesome lmao

18 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

Right. 

I searched for a power block clutch online to fit my sled and I didn't find anything. 

I messaged the Polaris master (AKiqpilot) yesterday but he he hasn't responded. Maybe his mail box of full. Or living in the sunshine is just that awesome lmao

Yeah he is living  the high life in the sunshine. :joint:

4 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Do it so I can buy yours! :lol:

I told you I think I am going to keep this sled even if I get another one. Thinking about a 850 switchback Pro S or XCR for Wisconsin and keep the assault for the UP.  :bc: 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

I told you I think I am going to keep this sled even if I get another one. Thinking about a 850 switchback Pro S or XCR for Wisconsin and keep the assault for the UP.  :bc: 

Wrong answer!!!!!! :lol:

1 hour ago, Tomas. said:

Just buy bushings and a new spring.  How much do you want to drop into the primary?  

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Just buy bushings and a new spring.  How much do you want to drop into the primary?  

I was hoping not to spend anywhere near $400 lmao.

The sled has around 4000 miles and I am not sure if the clutch was ever serviced. 

There is a little play with the movable sheave and the spider/shaft. I am not sure if that is worn buttons or the bushing in the shaft or a bit of both. So I was thinking replace all the wear items and not worry. I had no idea that a few small bushings were going to cost so much lol