Check your account email address ×

wrenchin sleds !!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111 not beginner lessons!!11

f7ben

I am picking up a 2008 Dragon rmk 155 tonight that is complete besides a ring catching the exhaust port for $800 cad. 

It has the seat and everything. I am hoping to utilize the parts of it to make mine better

Edited by Tomas.

Just now, Tomas. said:

I am picking up a 2008 Dragon rmk 155 tonight that is complete besides a ring catching the exhaust port for $800 cad. 

It has the seat and everything. I am hoping to utilize the parts of it to make mine better

Ok roger that.  You will know quite soon if the seats will interchange.  

Just now, Tomas. said:

Hopefully they do. I was just looking for some information before I wasted a bunch of times on a lost cause. Lost causes usually are my specialty lol

It's possible the seats will interchange with no modifications to your cooling system.  

15 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

It's possible the seats will interchange with no modifications to your cooling system.  

The modification to the cooling system was to make use of the Polaris tunnel bag for a 2010 sb I used to own and now is collecting dust in my closet as it won't fit under the seat with that crossover pipe

FB_IMG_1568738057440.jpg

2 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

The modification to the cooling system was to make use of the Polaris tunnel bag for a 2010 sb I used to own and now is collecting dust in my closet as it won't fit under the seat with that crossover pipe

FB_IMG_1568738057440.jpg

Doesn't seem like it would take much to modify that so it fits around the crossover.  I guess I'd have to see it but any decent seamstress or upholstery shop should be able to modify that.  

Edited by AKIQPilot

1 hour ago, Tomas. said:

take the motor out of your current sled and toss it in the RMK.  They must make tremendous trail sleds based on all the backpack wearing poseurs i see on the trails.  

6 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

take the motor out of your current sled and toss it in the RMK.  They must make tremendous trail sleds based on all the backpack wearing poseurs i see on the trails.  

Lmao. I did think about that but I don't really want that much track for the mountains I never go to

I didnt something similiar a few years ago. IIRC the IQ trail sleds had quite a few differences than the mtn sleds. Specifically the body parts.

I made a 155" sled with a 146" chassis and 121" IQ parts. Shorty is a 08 and the 146 I think is a 09. I remember I had to fab some shit up to make it work. But I also like my shit done right, not hacked together.

59 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

My current sb has been extended to a 144" with a 2" paddle. It is by far the worst handling Polaris IQ I have ever owned. I am not sure if the dual carbides up front are hindering or helping but this sled is an absolute pig

Last thing I need is adding another 11" of track and an inch of lug height lmao

I can use my tunnel bag with the factory seat. I just have to take off the plastic shroud that hides the cross over hose and install the seat after the bag is installed

20190919_182333.jpg

• 1 month later...

Didnt get too much done on my sled tonight.  Put on a missing brake shim on my truck.  Not sure how I lost one but it made the brakes squeel.  Also put a new gasket and sealed up my third brake light. Put in all new bulbs at the same time.

Noticed my throttle pin was pretty rusty so I ordered a new one. Pin completely seized in the bushing. New one went in with a touch of antiseize to hopefully keep that from happening in the future. I had it out last year no problem.

Went through the entire sled and made sure all the bolts I could get to were tight.  A few of the chassis bolts were definitely getting loose.

IMG_20191031_204005.jpg

Well I have started the tare down of my primary. I don't have the spider nut socket yet but I have the cover and spring off. I noticed that the weights are rubbing on one side of spider. It is the same on all three. Is this bad news?

20191106_094804.jpg

20191106_094740.jpg

20191106_094815.jpg

5 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

20191106_095016.jpg

20191106_095042.jpg

20191106_095029.jpg

20191106_095052.jpg

“Bad news”?  Well, only if you don’t fix it.  Your bushings on the weights are toast.  It’s usually only gonna wear on one side due to clutch rotation.  Get new bushings.  Do a good inspection of all components.  Make sure the holes aren’t egging out and check the key pins to make sure they aren’t whacked.  A good cleaning and new bushings should tighten everything up nicely.

12 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

Ok. And by bad news I was meaning Do need to replace the spider or more than just bushings

It doesn’t look bad enough to me.  Clean, inspect, new bushings, tighten her up good and Bob’s your uncle!

It took me a while to figure this out but I got my belt scuffed up good and proper and reinstalled.  THANK GOD FOR THE STOCK TOOL KIT AND OWNERS MANUAL!!!

Now, the arrow on the belt points toward the rear....toward all the Anys riders, correct?

:lol:

SEXY!

B1265275-E77D-48DD-B1DE-200DA1F8BFCB.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

It doesn’t look bad enough to me.  Clean, inspect, new bushings, tighten her up good and Bob’s your uncle!

Great. Thank you.

Lots of material on the weights. Can I clean up the weights with some fine scotch-brite?

15730612652455586802868054082169.jpg

15730612240685908764198580018209.jpg