Check your account email address ×

Big ass windshields

55 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Still got a few years until I’m allowed to rock the old man windshield but I found this nice 70+ edition online.

029F0260-0D49-4DB3-B4C3-6324099B4415.jpeg

Are those clothes pins? 

Buddy picked up a 900T Enduro and ordered one of the BRP adjustable height windshields.  Looks good in concept.

Normally have a medium height windshield on my sled and my wife's sled has the tall windshield on.  If it gets below zero will occasionally ride my wife's sled as show won't ride if it gets that cold.  Last year on a guys ride I didn't think it was that cold so took my sled and when we got back it was -20F temperature.  Should have taken my wife's sled. 

20210207_120036.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

• Gold Member
34 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Are those clothes pins? 

Buddy picked up a 900T Enduro and ordered one of the BRP adjustable height windshields.  Looks good in concept.

Looks like it only adjust 4”?  19-24 doesn’t seem worth it but I like the idea maybe if it had a bigger range of adjustment

I looked at this jag a couple weeks ago.  Epic windshield.

Technically my high country windshield is taller than stock also.  So I will include that in this thread.  Because attention whore.

Screenshot_20211125-224127.png

Screenshot_20211128-212927.png

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Here's mid height and full on ice fisherman tall.  Let's see yours.

Idk how or why people trail ride with speedometer covers and mickey mouse ears all winter.  

Screenshot_20211215-113817.png

Screenshot_20211215-113746.png

Screenshot_20211215-113713.png

It drove me up the wall having drill a hole in hoods to put those on, but I'm sure they saved me frost-bite more times then I care to think about.  

• Like 2

On 12/15/2021 at 4:20 PM, mnstang said:

I looked at this jag a couple weeks ago.  Epic windshield.

Technically my high country windshield is taller than stock also.  So I will include that in this thread.  Because attention whore.

Screenshot_20211125-224127.png

Screenshot_20211128-212927.png

now THAT is a windshield, probably robs 6mph on the big end  :lol:

low windshields absolutely look cooler, I have a collection of them in the garage and they actually are quite a bit cooler while riding. 

no mickey mouse ears?

23 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

It drove me up the wall having drill a hole in hoods to put those on, but I'm sure they saved me frost-bite more times then I care to think about.  

just before I bought my sled CC had mid-heights on clearance in April for $74.99 and I thought nothing of it and purchased one.  the following winter I rode it once with the stock height 'cross country' windshield and knew I had to put on the mid-height pronto.  CC at that time had none left and no eta for replacements.  called the dealer I picked the sled up from and their parts guy said it was 'NLA' from Cat, he was kind enough to throw it on Cat tracker and provide me with the information that Nielsen Ent. had one and another dealer in MN each had one.  figuring I just needed one as a spare and getting to know @mnstang on HCS I knew he needed a spare so I ordered the one from Nielsen, pm'd him and he ordered the other.  Based on Cat tracker, those were the last two in dealers in North America that had them.  in hindsight I should have purchased every one CC had, but that's hindsight right?

during the install of the first mid-height I put on I sat there with the drill saying 'are we really going to do this to the hood?' multiple times.  then recalled riding a week earlier testing a new suspension set-up when it was -12F and promptly made a little pile green and black shavings on the living room floor.  one ride in similar temps with the windshield affirmed my decision completely.  :) 

when I picked up the 720 I still had a spare mid and went hunting for one.  fortunately for me @Fast 440 (come back man) had a tall one he was willing to part with and kindly sent it to me.  didn't hesitate with the drill for one second.  :lol: eventually damaged beyond safe use the first mid height, pulled the spare out of the attic and it's on. 

now the Mid/Tall are nearly impossible to find, unless you happen to be looking around during the off season or just happen to get lucky, but be prepared to pay handsomely if they know what they have.   these aren't 'issues' that owners of current models (PC 2012-2022 for example) so to me it's humorous at times to see folks riding around with speedo covers and their mickey mouse ears when they can easily go online and in a few clicks get a brand new windshield in a few days.

the hunt is fun though, and on occasion we score.  ;) 

IMG_20211025_173832481.thumb.jpg.f3c63cee03eceeb79600f5d6c0f2300b.jpg

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

15 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

not THAT is a windshield, probably robs 6mph on the big end  :lol:

low windshields absolutely look cooler, I have a collection of them in the garage and they actually are quite a bit cooler while riding. 

no mickey mouse ears?

just before I bought my sled CC had mid-heights on clearance in April for $74.99 and I thought nothing of it and purchased one.  the following winter I rode it once with the stock height 'cross country' windshield and knew I had to put on the mid-height pronto.  CC at that time had none left and no eta for replacements.  called the dealer I picked the sled up from and their parts guy said it was 'NLA' from Cat, he was kind enough to throw it on Cat tracker and provide me with the information that Nielsen Ent. had one and another dealer in MN each had one.  figuring I just needed one as a spare and getting to know @mnstang on HCS I knew he needed a spare so I ordered the one from Nielsen, pm'd him and he ordered the other.  Based on Cat tracker, those were the last two in dealers in North America that had them.  in hindsight I should have purchased every one CC had, but that's hindsight right?

during the install of the first mid-height I put on I sat there with the drill saying 'are we really going to do this to the hood?' multiple times.  then recalled riding a week earlier testing a new suspension set-up when it was -12F and promptly made a little pile green and black shavings on the living room floor.  one ride in similar temps with the windshield affirmed my decision completely.  :) 

when I picked up the 720 I still had a spare mid and went hunting for one.  fortunately for me @Fast 440 (come back man) had a tall one he was willing to part with and kindly sent it to me.  didn't hesitate with the drill for one second.  :lol: eventually damaged beyond safe use the first mid height, pulled the spare out of the attic and it's on. 

now the Mid/Tall are nearly impossible to find, unless you happen to be looking around during the off season or just happen to get lucky, but be prepared to pay handsomely if they know what they have.   these aren't 'issues' that owners of current models (PC 2012-2022 for example) so to me it's humorous at times to see folks riding around with speedo covers and their mickey mouse ears when they can easily go online and in a few clicks get a brand new windshield in a few days.

I preferred the stock windshield on mine.  They look better and I'm one vain fucker.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I preferred the stock windshield on mine.  They look better and I'm one vain fucker.  

otb:lol:

last year I also happened to find a brand new in the packaging tunnel bag and a spare snow flap.  who'd think little pieces of plastic could be so valuable and hard to find for a sled (then) that was less than ten years old?  

28 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

not THAT is a windshield, probably robs 6mph on the big end  :lol:

no mickey mouse ears?

There's a snopro 500/600 windshield on Craigslist now for $240.  It'll sell.

Mouse ears?  Is that the handguard things?  Those look gay no thanks.  H.c. is not a trail sled and so no issue.  And if it's real cold I just won't ride the Jag.  The upper body coldness is probably worse than the hand coldness.  I call the windshields crotch shields

1 hour ago, Badger** said:

If it works I say run with it. 

85235236_2548385472092821_8145315192356470784_o.jpg

perfect example, with a short windscreen there'd be nipples showing

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

There's a snopro 500/600 windshield on Craigslist now for $240.  It'll sell.

Mouse ears?  Is that the handguard things?  Those look gay no thanks.  H.c. is not a trail sled and so no issue.  And if it's real cold I just won't ride the Jag.  The upper body coldness is probably worse than the hand coldness.  I call the windshields crotch shields

yep, sounds expensive but the first time it gets cold.  @Not greg b sent me that this morning, or last night?

snowmobilers certainly are an odd lot, they will spend $200 on hand guards and mounts, brag about how well they work but won't bolt on a $100 windshield that doesn't look cool but does a 1000% better job than the goofy mickey mouse ears. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

perfect example, with a short windscreen there'd be nipples showing

yep, sounds expensive but the first time it gets cold.  @Not greg b sent me that this morning, or last night?

snowmobilers certainly are an odd lot, they will spend $200 on hand guards and mounts, brag about how well they work but won't bolt on a $100 windshield that doesn't look cool but does a 1000% better job than the goofy mickey mouse ears. 

How do windshields do a “1000% better” job than hand guards?  Are you on pot?  

• Confused 1