Check your account email address ×

Anyone else getting parts, looking at their new sled or prepping their machines yet?

1 hour ago, EvilBird said:

Back together and in the 30s today so had to take little rip around the grass.:guzzle:

A8687D7D-8094-48C8-9F7E-E301EC49B779.jpeg

I applaud the actual windshield... no comment on the beaver's ass.   :roflcrying:

have you considered slapping some C&A RZ's or XPT's with 8" Woody's Executives on there if you really want to sharpen up the front end handling even more... you can pick up used one's pretty reasonable but install new loops as the loops stretch out over time.   I swap them out every couple years.       

there's some deals for RZ's on Ebay... in red or white would complete the look. 

https://www.ebay.com/b/C-A-Pro-Skis-Runners-for-Polaris/100463/bn_7083763772

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Like 1

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I applaud the actual windshield... no comment on the beaver's ass.   :roflcrying:

have you considered slapping some C&A RZ's or XPT's with 8" Woody's Executives on there if you really want to sharpen up the front end handling even more... you can pick up used one's pretty reasonable but install new loops as the loops stretch out over time.   I swap them out every couple years.       

I got 6 inch woodys now. Handles good . 
My Buddy had C&A's on his Rush i couldnt tell a difference . 

But the skis are starting to get worn so if I replace them id go that route 

Edited by EvilBird

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, EvilBird said:

Back together and in the 30s today so had to take little rip around the grass.:guzzle:

A8687D7D-8094-48C8-9F7E-E301EC49B779.jpeg

Nice 👍 did the same. I just finished the last bit of ridge cap on my shed build so I’m sitting up on the roof and I see my poor sled under the deck and some snow still left on the lawn so I did the right thing went over uncovered her and rode around the yard for 20-30mins 😂.IMG_4549.thumb.jpeg.286d422aa5a90a3ef15309075e0c7c0c.jpeg

• Like 3

• Gold Member
18 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Nice 👍 did the same. I just finished the last bit of ridge cap on my shed build so I’m sitting up on the roof and I see my poor sled under the deck and some snow still left on the lawn so I did the right thing went over uncovered her and rode around the yard for 20-30mins 😂.IMG_4549.thumb.jpeg.286d422aa5a90a3ef15309075e0c7c0c.jpeg

I wish I had snow :sad:

:lmao:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

actually these would look pretty Good @Crnr2Crnr... 

got me thinkin 

21923833-8D42-4113-9400-B3ECA3F6D6D9.jpeg

seeing how we're riding old clapped out junk and not stimulating the industry by buying brand new junk, it's the least you could do... and those would make great stocking stuffers!!!  :roflcrying:

not a fan of Shapers fwiw... some are.  I prefer a round host bar.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

actually these would look pretty Good @Crnr2Crnr... 

got me thinkin 

The AXYS chassis doesn't need aftermarket skis - it handles very well with the OEM skis (better with Grippers I've been told).  One of my riding buddies (actually a Polaris Ambassador) was a C&Z RZR guy for YEARS, but the last two sleds he ran them on he finally realized they're not necessary and just overkill.  To be perfectly honest, they steered great but took a lot of effort compared to stock & not worth the extra money.  Buy a good set of carbides and stick with the OEM skis.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bontz said:

The AXYS chassis doesn't need aftermarket skis - it handles very well with the OEM skis (better with Grippers I've been told).  One of my riding buddies (actually a Polaris Ambassador) was a C&Z RZR guy for YEARS, but the last two sleds he ran them on he finally realized they're not necessary and just overkill.  To be perfectly honest, they steered great but took a lot of effort compared to stock & not worth the extra money.  Buy a good set of carbides and stick with the OEM skis.

ok... 

https://www.hardcoresledder.com/threads/axys-with-c-a-skis.1841338/

TRF_12.jpg?fit=1200,800&ssl=1

AC10 ran them on the Beaver the couple times it won... :dunno: 

I also put a set on my buddys Assault... but I'm not a Polaris guy so maybe I'll just stfu.

• Gold Member
26 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Thats what Ive always heard.

Like I said I rode a buddys with C&A he was raving about but not sure what he had for carbides but I can tell you my sled felt just as good if not better . 

Put new Woodys on last year but was planning on getting brand new ones again after the first couple rides this season with low snow. 

47 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

seeing how we're riding old clapped out junk and not stimulating the industry by buying brand new junk, it's the least you could do... and those would make great stocking stuffers!!!  :roflcrying:

not a fan of Shapers fwiw... some are.  I prefer a round host bar.

Never noticed the difference between a shaper bar and a round bar. The only difference I noticed between the 2 is the shaper bar was easier to rip off the ski when you hit something with it vs a round bar. I have gone back and forth between the wood’s competition bar and the 9.5 shaper depending on what the dealer had on the shelf that would fit a razor at the time 

5 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Never noticed the difference between a shaper bar and a round bar. The only difference I noticed between the 2 is the shaper bar was easier to rip off the ski when you hit something with it vs a round bar. I have gone back and forth between the wood’s competition bar and the 9.5 shaper depending on what the dealer had on the shelf that would fit a razor at the time 

you can bend a shaper if it hits a rock or chunk of ice while cornering hard... ask me how I know.

those went straight in the metal dumpster