Check your account email address ×

What's for dinner???

18 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Never tried that before.  Not sure if or how it would affect the taste? :dunno:

I actually like it better with venison and ground pork.  Hopefully I'll draw an elk tag next year and be able to tag one.  I love elk meat. 

Glad you likey recipe :bc:

Do you guys have elk in MI?

13 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Been marinating some beef tips.  Gonna grill 'em up and have a big, bag ass loaded tater with them.  My wife is making some type of salad.....

T-giving is coming...and I can feel my body prepping for the onslaught!!!!!!!!!!

What are you using for a marinade? We usually use steakhouse marinade when doing it ourselves. My favorite is the maple bourbon tips we get a the local meat market. Fucking things are awesome!

I have some beef tenderloin that I need to cut up in to steaks for dinner tonight. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, ckf said:

Yessir....east of here...AMG referenced one of the small towns...Atlanta. :thumbsup:

http://www.freep.com/story/sponsor-story/michigan-wildlife-council/2017/02/20/michigan-elk-herd-is-flourishing/97965928/

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

Yes. There's a bunch in the northern lower peninsula.  My brother has 20 acres in Atlanta. Prime elk country :bc:  Just hard to get a tag. It's on a lottery system

2 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Yes. There's a bunch in the northern lower peninsula.  My brother has 20 acres in Atlanta. Prime elk country :bc:  Just hard to get a tag. It's on a lottery system

The article I posted said 30,000-40,000 apply and they give out anywhere from 100-400 tags.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

The article I posted said 40,000-50,000 apply and they give out anywhere from 100-400 tags.

Yep.  It all depends on how many tags are filled the previous year.  Luck of the draw.   Some people never get a chance to hunt elk. Any LOTS who draw tags never shoot one , and some never even see any in the field 

Edited by SVT Renegade XRS

12 minutes ago, ckf said:

What are you using for a marinade? We usually use steakhouse marinade when doing it ourselves. My favorite is the maple bourbon tips we get a the local meat market. Fucking things are awesome!

I have some beef tenderloin that I need to cut up in to steaks for dinner tonight. 

I just threw some Dale’s, a splash of liquid smoke and some brown suger in the bag.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

short rib risotto-  saturday nights my freedom night from the diet.  chips ahoy for dessert

Couldn't you find something better than chips ahoy for dessert? If I only had one night a week it would be something better than that.

12 minutes ago, BEANPOLE DAVE said:

Seafood chowder and a lovely grilled cheese sandwich with onions and brisket added in.

Love Seafood Chowder....cream based or red? 

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Love Seafood Chowder....cream based or red? 

It was red it believe....it was different then im accustomed to having... wasn't fishy at all.

3 minutes ago, BEANPOLE DAVE said:

It was red it believe....it was different then im accustomed to having... wasn't fishy at all.

Local place here used to do a red based seafood chowder that was great as was their traditional clam chowder....good stuff.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Cut the shoulder up yourself?  :dunno:

Had some leftovers of mine again tonight, damn smoke ring was fantastic on this piece!

2017cstylesmoke.jpg

Neal

No. I picked them up at the market already cut. They were very tasty.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

i tried to avoid desert but there was some in the cabinet

I cant remember the last time i had desserts.... especially in a restaurant.

6 hours ago, BEANPOLE DAVE said:

I cant remember the last time i had desserts.... especially in a restaurant.

i'm in maint mode, if i can stay within 10 lbs of 230 i am happy.  234 Saturday am.  I prob should take a 2 week window and buckle down and get to 220 now that i know how much i can cheat and balance with my exercise.  

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

i'm in maint mode, if i can stay within 10 lbs of 230 i am happy.  234 Saturday am.  I prob should take a 2 week window and buckle down and get to 220 now that i know how much i can cheat and balance with my exercise.  

I am as well...im still trying to stay below 3000 calories a day though.... :bc: